This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?
About Kardena Pauza
Hi! My name is Kardena Pauza, and I’m a personal trainer and certified nutrition expert. In 2003 I completely changed my life by adopting a meat-free diet. And since then, I’ve been living the vegetarian lifestyle and loving it. At first I made many common vegetarian eating mistakes, but since then I’ve developed a simple, high-energy diet meal plan that has helped me build the body of my dreams. And I’m here to show you how to do it as well. Once you get started with a meatfree diet (and even dairy-free and egg-free), you’ll be amazed at how much mental and physical energy you can have all day long. You’ll no longer feel sluggish or tired after eating big heavy meals. You won’t fall asleep at your desk. You won’t be a zombie at work or at home when your kids want to play. And best of all, the body fat will just melt right off of you thanks to your new diet. As you can imagine, people have a lot of preconceived notions about a vegetarian diet and think that it will just make them weak, tired, pale, and sickly looking. But that is NOT the case if you eat the right foods. And once you try going completely animal-free, I know you’ll be hooked on the new vitality and energy in your life. I look forward to helping you, and please let me know if you have any questions! See you in the kitchen, Kardena Pauza Author,
Table of Contents Smoothies ............................................................................................................... .pg. 4 Desserts .................................................................................................................................pg. 11 Breakfast............................................................................................................... .pg. 27 Lunch .................................................................................................................... pg. 44 Dinner................................................................................................................... .pg. 67
SMOOTHIE RECIPES 1. Banana Carob Smoothie You’ll love this yummy smoothie that tastes similar to a chocolate-banana shake. And if you didn’t know what carob is, it’s a great, healthy substitute for chocolate. Of course, if you want “real” chocolate, you can use cocoa powder instead of the carob. Ingredients: 1 frozen chopped bananas 3/4 cup soy milk or almond milk- unsweetened preferably 1 1/2 Tbsp. carob powder 1 Tbsp. maple syrup or agave nectar 1/2 tsp. vanilla Dash of cinnamon Add water to make more pourable and ice if you prefer a chilled drink 2. Strawberry Ecstasy Smoothie Ingredients: 1 cup almond milk- unsweetened preferably 1 cup frozen or fresh Strawberries 2 Tbsp. raw cacao powder or cacao nibs (Nibs are more bitter) 1-2 dates or agave to taste 3. Spice Up Your Life You’ll be surprised by what adding cayenne can do to a chocolate or cacao smoothie! Ingredients: 1 cup coconut water (From fresh young thai coconut preferably or in a container) 1/4 cup almonds soaked 1 Tbsp. cacao powder 1/8 cup white raisins Dash of cayenne Pinch sea salt
ginger and blend. cored 2 tsp. Banana Cherry and Sesame Ingredients: Frozen organic cherries (1/2 cup to 1 cup) 1 banana 2 Tbsp. Marvellous Mango Ingredients: 2-3 tsp.4. ground up sesame seed 6. and nuts in 2-3 cups of water first preferably. cucumber. 1 Tbsp. flax seeds (Thickens smoothie) 2 tsp.com . coconut. sesame seeds 1 or 2 tsp. raw sunflower seeds 4-6 raw Brazil nuts or 4-8 soaked raw almonds 1 Tbsp. spinach. sunflower.VegetarianFoodPlan. 2) Next add all the remaining ingredients: peeled mango. ground up flax seed 2 tsp. © www. Mango Delight’ Smoothie Ingredients: 1 cup organic almond milk 1 large fresh mango (peeled) or frozen 1 apple. coconut butter or oil 1 large mango (Peel & remove pit) 1/4” slice of fresh ginger root 1/3 cucumber (Optional to peel) 1-2 cups spinach 2-3 cups water Preparation: 1) Blend flax. of raw cacao powder Raw honey or agave nectar as sweetener Water/ice to blend 5.
hemp seeds 3 tsp. of maca Handful of goji berries 1 tsp. Mac’ Berry Almond Smoothie Ingredients: 1/2 banana (Or substitute half an avocado but eliminate the flax oil) 4 oz.VegetarianFoodPlan.com 6 . flax oil 1 tsp. of your favorite dried green supplement Stevia (Optional) 10. of coconut butter 1 tsp. Cran-Orange Strawberry Smoothie Ingredients: 2 oranges 1 cup strawberries (Frozen or fresh) 1/3 cup unsweetened cranberries (Frozen is ok) 1 Tbsp. ZEN-ANANA Smoothie Ingredients: 1 large banana sliced 8 oz green tea 2 cup spinach 1 Gala or Fuji apple sliced pinch nutmeg or cinnamon © www. of honey 1 tray of ice cubes Water 9. of soaked brown flax seed 1 Tbsp. of cacao powder 1/2 tsp.7. chopped flax seeds 8. cacao nibs 3-4 each raw almonds AND macadamia nuts 2 tsp. Low Glycemic Chocolate-Green Smoothie Ingredients: 1 Tbsp. frozen acai 1/3 to 1/2 cup frozen mixed berries 1-2 Tbsp.
cinnamon 1/4 cup pure water if blending Nuts.11. rice milk (less for thicker shake) 12. soaked brown flax seed (Optional) 1-2 tsp. organic maple syrup Add ice 13. hemp. Carob Shake Ingredients: 1 large banana 1-1/2 cup almond. in water over night. ground flaxseed 1/4 cup soaked raw almonds 1 tsp. almond. raisins & hemp seeds (Optional) www. or rice milk 1 Tbsp.2 cups liquid use water. Chocolate-Avocado DREAM Ingredients: 1/2 avocado 1 medium sized banana 4-6 dates (Sweeten to taste. raw carob powder 1 or 2 shakes of cinnamon 1 Tbsp. soy. less is better) 1 Tbsp. of cacao powder 11/2 .com 7 . soy. Oat Meal Raw Food Breakfast Ingredients: 1/2-1 cup soaked oat groats (Let soak uncovered. rinse before use) 2 apples sliced 1 banana sliced 1 Tbsp.VegetarianFoodPlan. flax meal 3 Tbsp.
rice.com 8 1) . strawberry. soy or hemp milk 1 Tbsp. Remember to be very careful to avoid hard pieces from the husk. Energizing Smoothie Ingredients: 1/2 ripe avocado 1 frozen banana 1 young coconut. then dump coconut water into blender. flax oil or substitute with Y2 avocado if no oil Couple dashes of cinnamon 1 tsp. 2) Scoop out coconut meat and place in blender.14. soaked flaxseed 4-6 chucks pineapple (Fresh or frozen) 1-2 cup organic spinach (Fresh or frozen) 15.VegetarianFoodPlan. Vegan Green Chocolate Shake Ingredients: Almond milk vanilla unsweetened 1-2 fresh kale leaves Almond butter 1 Tbsp. blueberry) Dash of Stevia to taste Dash cinnamon 1 Tsp.water and meat 1 cup your favorite frozen berry (Raspberry.+ cocoa powder Handful blueberries or strawberries Pumpkin seeds Water (As needed) Dash Stevia to sweeten ©www. Favorite fruit/Y2 an apple 1/4 inch-1/2 inch raw ginger peeled Udo's. 16. maca (Optional) Young Coconut Preparation: To open young coconut use clever or chef knife. Green Pome-berry Smoothie Ingredients: 1 medium sized banana 6-8oz (1 cup) frozen blueberries 1/2 cup pomegranate juice 1/2 cup almond.
of spirulina or SuperGreens powder Add water/ice 18.VegetarianFoodPlan. rice or almond milk Add ice if desired 19. Mango Banana Smoothie Ingredients: 1 medium-sized mango Dash of agave nectar or maple syrup 1 medium sized banana or ripe plantain 3/4-1 cup hemp. of flaxseed oil 1/4 tsp. soy. Green Machine Smoothie Ingredients: 3-5 leaves of kale 1 kiwi 1 avocado 2 Tbsp. Parsley Pear Smoothie 2 pears sliced 1/3 bunch of parsley (Traditional or Italian is fine) 1 stalk of celery (the greener the better) 2 Tbsp. coconut butter (Or 1 young coconut with coco-water if available in your area) 2-3 cups water until desired Add ice only if desired www. of ginger root powder or 1/4 inch fresh peeled ginger 1 Tbsp.17.com 9 . Tropical Green Smoothie Ingredients: 3 cups fresh organic baby spinach 2 cups fresh or frozen pineapple cubes 2-3 kiwis 1/2 avocado 1 banana Add ice & water until desired 20.
5) Spread batter evenly into sprayed pan. arrowroot and apple juice concentrate in large bowl. cinnamon. 2) Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray. ground cinnamon 1 tsp. Blueberry Squares Ingredients: 4 cups fresh blueberries or berry of your choice 2 tsp. Makes 48 cookies 2.com 10 .DESSERT RECIPES 1. 8) Bake about 12 minutes or until golden. baking powder 1 cup applesauce (Optional unsweetened version) 4 oz agave nectar 2 tsp. 3) Using blender or food processor grind oats to coarse powder texture. walnuts and seeds. ground cloves 2 cups rolled oats 1/4 cup Maranta Starch or “Arrow Root” (Use instead of cornstarch to thicken) 1 cup applesauce (Optional unsweetened version) Preparation: 1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Chocolate Chip Vegan Cookies Ingredients: 3 cups whole-wheat flour 1 tsp. of batter onto cookie sheet and flatten with fork. cloves. 3) Stir flour and baking powder in large bowl 4) In separate bowl stir well and combine applesauce. 6) Bake about 30 minutes or until lightly browned on edges.VegetarianFoodPlan. 6) Place a Tbsp. 7) Moisten your fork if it begins to stick to batter. 2) Spray baking pan with cooking spray. agave nectar and vanilla. 7) Allow treat to cool down then cut into squares and serve! ©www. alcohol free vanilla extract (Trader Joe’s has alcohol free) 8 oz/1 cup unsweetened carob chips 1/4 cup chopped walnuts or pecans 1/4 cup sunflower seeds Preparation: 1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees. 4) Processed oats with berries. 5) Now add to dry ingredients and fold in carob chips.
cinnamon 1/2 tsp. baking powder and spice in a large mixing bowl. ripe bananas. 7) Remove pie from oven and cover with aluminium foil for 10 minutes before removing from pan. Chocolate Oatmeal Chai Cookie Recipe Ingredients: 2 cups rolled oats.VegetarianFoodPlan. Vegan Apple Pie Ingredients: 1/4 cup frozen apple juice concentrate 1 3/4 cup applesauce (Optional unsweetened version) 2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour 1/2 cup quick oats 1/2 cup of raisins 1/4 cup chopped walnuts 1 tsp. fine grain sea salt 1 tsp. oats. baking soda. mixed with 2 Tbsp. all-spice 1/2 tsp. 4) Stir in the apple juice concentrate. baking powder 6-7 ounces chocolate chips or dark chocolate bar chopped or unsweetened carob www. baking powder 1 Tbsp. 4. 5) Mix in the flax seed.com 11 . slightly warm. well mashed (about 1 1/2 cups) 1 tsp. vanilla extract 1/4 cup coconut oil or olive oil. applesauce. 6) Pour batter into oiled pan and bake for 45-50 minutes. do not cook 2/3 cup almond meal 1/4 teaspoon cardamom 1/4 tsp. ground cloves 1/4 tsp. cinnamon 1/2 tsp. ground flax seed. finely shredded & unsweetened 3 large. alcohol free vanilla extract (Trader Joe’s has Alcohol Free FYI) 2 Tbsp. water until smooth Preparation: 1) Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees 2) Lightly oil a 9 inch pan with vegetable oil 3) Combine the flour. nutmeg 1 tsp. and vanilla to the dry ingredients and mix until combined. baking soda 1 tsp.3.can do gluten free 1/3 cup coconut.
don't go too far or you'll end up with almond butter. 2) To make almond meal. 8) Bake in the top 1/3 of the oven for 10 . 5) Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until combined.You can make your own almond meal by pulsing almonds in a food processor until it is the texture of sand .VegetarianFoodPlan. wheat germ. raisins and oats. 3) In a large bowl whisk together the flour. warmed until just melted 1 tsp. Carrot Ginger Oatmeal Cookie Recipe Ingredients: 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour 1 tsp. 5) In a separate smaller bowl use a whisk to combine the maple syrup. salt. 7) Drop dollops of the dough. 8) Bake for 12 . almond meal. leaving about 2 inches between each cookie. racks in the top third. 2) Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. salt.com 12 . baking powder. 4) Add the nuts and carrots. 4) In another bowl whisk together the oats. cardamom. 3) In a large bowl combine the bananas. fine grain sea salt 1 cup rolled oats 2/3 cup chopped walnuts 1 cup shredded carrots 1/2 cup real maple syrup. coconut oil. and baking powder. cinnamon.12 minutes or until the cookies are golden on top and bottom. an inch apart. ground cloves. vanilla extract. each about 2 teaspoons in size. baking powder Scant 1/2 tsp. room temperature 1/2 cup unrefined (fragrant) coconut oil. and coconut oil.14 minutes or until turning brown on the bottom. 6) Add this to the flour mixture and stir until just combined. 7) Drop onto prepared baking sheets. ©www. one level tablespoonful at a time.Preparation: 1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Makes about 3 dozen bite-sized cookies. grated fresh ginger 1/4 cup wheat germ 1/2 cup raisins Preparation: 1) Preheat oven to 375F degrees. 6) Fold in the chocolate/carob. Set aside. shredded coconut. and ginger. 5. onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
com 13 . and salt. Now drop by heaping tablespoonfuls onto parchment-lined baking sheets. Stir until combined. It's a loose batter.Makes about 2 1/2 dozen cookies. baking soda 3/4 tsp. Let sit for five minutes. Bake for 10. Organic Peanut Butter Cookies Ingredients: 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour. Let cool five minutes and transfer to a cooling rack. olive oil. 6. 9) 10) Make 2 . so if you're set on doing criss-crosses. and vanilla. Place racks in the top third.VegetarianFoodPlan.still a bit dusty looking. baking soda. maybe 11 minutes . spelt flour. In a separate larger bowl combine the peanut butter. fine grain sea salt 1 cup Organic Creamy Peanut Butter 1 cup maple syrup 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil 1 1/2 tsp. or unbleached all-purpose flour 1 tsp. go ahead and chill the batter for an hour or so before this step. just a stroke or two.but don't over bake or they will be dry. www. Pour the flour mixture over the peanut butter mixture and stir until barely combined . vanilla extract Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) 5) 6) 7) 8) Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Press down on each one gently with the back of a fork. give one more quick stir. In a medium mixing bowl combine the flour.3 dozen cookies. maple syrup.
or crumble some graham crackers on top. a slice of apricot or whipped cream. cacao powder 1 Tbsp. Ingredients: 1 cup raw cashews 3 Tbsp.com 14 .VegetarianFoodPlan. carob powder 3 Tbsp. agave nectar or to taste 1/2 cup almond milk Add water if need to thin for blending Preparation: 1) Place all the ingredients in a powerful blender and puree until creamy. ©www. Dark Chocolaty Chocolate Pudding Make a rich and creamy vegan chocolate mousse from tofu! Garnish with fresh strawberries. red seedless grapes. 2) Pour the pudding into bowls and add your desired toppings.7.
com 15 . salt 2 cup grated carrots 1 cup almond milk 1 1/2 cup applesauce 1 cup maple syrup. 4) Combine the carrots and the rest of the ingredients except for the walnuts to the flour mixture. Grade B (vegan) or 1 cup honey (Vegetarian) 1/2 cup crushed walnuts (Optional) Preparation: 1) First. allspice. I use a food processor instead of grating them by hand. Peter Rabbit Carrot Cake Ingredients: 2 cups spelt flour or whole wheat flour 2 tsp. cinnamon. baking powder 1 1/2 tsp. baking soda. 2) Grate the carrots. mix all dry ingredients together in a mixing bowl: flour. ground cloves 1 tsp.8. and salt. cloves.VegetarianFoodPlan." 5) Mix in the walnuts. allspice Y2 tsp. Mix until "just mixed. 6) Transfer to a greased 13x9x2 pan. 3) Preheat the oven to 350F. 8) Cool on a counter for 30 min and then frost with cream cheese frosting © www. ground cinnamon 1/4 cup raisins 1 Y2 tsp. baking soda 2 tsp. 7) Bake for 40-50 min at 350F until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean. baking powder.
7) Spread the mixture evenly in the prepared pan. baking soda (Non-aluminum) 1/2 tsp. 3) In a large bowl. salt 1 cup (240 ml) blueberries Preparation: 1) Preheat oven to 350F. 9) Allow to cool before cutting and serving. orange zest 1 Tbsp. © www. Stir well to combine. 6) Add the banana mixture and gently mix until just combined. almond milk. Blue Banana Bread Ingredients: 3 large over-ripe bananas 1 tsp.VegetarianFoodPlan. baking powder 3/4 tsp. 4) In a separate bowl. 5) Add blueberries and use a spoon or spatula to ensure they are coated with the flour mixture. soda. orange juice 1/3 cup vanilla almond milk (Or apple sauce) 1/2 cup agave nectar 2 cups whole wheat flour 3/4 tsp. mash the bananas and add orange zest. 8) Bake until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.com 16 . about 40-45 minutes. baking powder.9. 2) Wipe a 9x5-inch loaf pan with oil. and agave nectar. and salt. orange juice. combine the flour.
3) Sift the salt.10. of ground cinnamon 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg 1/4 tsp. add the vanilla essence.VegetarianFoodPlan. remove from cookie tray and cool on a rack. beat olive oil (and/or milk) together with the vegan sugar. www. chopped 2 Tbsp. 5) Add in applesauce and egg substitute and beat well. olive oil or 1 Tbsp. cinnamon. Super Yummy Low-Fat Whole Wheat Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Ingredients: 1/4 tsp. 7) At this point.com 17 . This dough will be very slightly sticky. raisins and nuts and mix well into the dough. arrowroot flour (As substitute for 1 egg) 3/4 cup of whole wheat flour 3/4 cup of dry oats 2 Tbsp. of baking soda 1/4 cup pecans. baking soda into the flour and oatmeal in a bowl. 12) Eat when nice a warm and chewy. 11) When it’s done. cloves 1/2 tsp. 4) In a mixing bowl. of salt (Optional) 1/2 tsp. 10) Bake in the center of oven for about 10-12 minutes. 8) Drop by tablespoonful about 3 to a row.1/2 cup of sugar 1/4 cup of unsweetened applesauce 3/4 tsp. 6) Add in the flour mixture and beat on medium until a semi-stiff dough forms. 9) Flatten to about 3/4 and keep it thick. of vanilla essence 1/4 cup raisins Preparation: 1) Preheat oven to 350F. 2) Prepare a cookie sheet either with non-stick spray or a parchment paper. Stir to blend together. oil + 1 Tbsp of Almond Milk 1/3 .
Line an 8x8-inch square baking pan with foil and lightly oil the bottom. You may need to adjust wet/dry ingredients to achieve the correct texture. vanilla essence 1/2 cup carob powder 1 large.com 18 . Add all the other ingredients and mix well.11. Low-fat Wheat-free Carob Brownies Ingredients: 1/3 cup brown rice flour 2/3 cup porridge oats 4 Tbsp. your better off slightly undercooking them and having a slightly soft middle. pure maple syrup Egg replacer equivalent of 2 eggs 1/2 tsp.VegetarianFoodPlan. Use a hand blender to blend the oats into a powder/flour. Leave to cool and enjoy! 5) 6) 7) 8) ©www. Mash the banana in a large mixing bowl. The mixture should be sticky but not too wet. Bake for 30-35 minutes. very ripe banana Pinch of salt 1/4 cup chopped walnuts 1/8 cup sultanas or raisins 1/2 Tbsp. Don’t over cook. tahini Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) Pre-heat oven to 350°.
sweetener (dates or maple syrup) and carob in a food processor or blender until smooth and creamy. sliced strawberries Preparation: 1) Process avocado.12. pecans. agave nectar Pinch of salt Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) Remove the pits from dates. almond butter 2 Tbsp. Roll into balls and lightly roll in shredded coconut. Raw Carob pudding Ingredients: 2 medium ripe avocados 1 Y2 cup dates or 1 cup maple syrup If using dates add a little orange juice when blending 1/2 cup raw carob powder Toppings. Raw Banana Macaroons Ingredients: 1 cup medjool dates 1 banana 1/2 cup coconut. 13. Hold back a little coconut for coating the macaroons.com 19 .raspberries.VegetarianFoodPlan. ©www. Place all ingredients in a food processor. and process until only slightly chunky. shredded (Unsweetened) Y2 cup quick oats 1 Tbsp.
cinnamon Y2 tsp. 2) If you can't get the mixture to hold together. mint. but not liquid) 2 Tbsp. Makes approximately 15 cookies. add a few more raisins and a tablespoon of water. Once smooth. 3) Shape into balls and enjoy! 15. cacao nibs Preparation: 1) Place dates in food processor and mix until smooth. Speedy Raw Cookies Ingredients: 3/4 cup raw walnuts.VegetarianFoodPlan. salt and coconut oil and mix it all up. 2) Add walnuts. shredded 12 dates (Medjool are best) Y2-3/4 tsp. Raw "Chocolate Mint" Cookies Ingredients: 2 Y2 cups raw walnuts 2-3 fresh mint leaves. cinnamon. raw coconut oil (It's best if it's very soft. remove from food processor by tablespoon-sized blobs and flatten into cookie-ish rounds.com 20 . cashews or pecans 1/4 cup raw carob powder 1 cup raisins or dates Preparation: 1) Process all ingredients in a food processor until fine and sticky. salt 1 Y2 Tbsp. 4) Refrigerate before eating. © www.14. add cacao nibs and blend just until nibs are well distributed. 3) After ingredients are mixed. again until smooth.
honey.VegetarianFoodPlan. Raw-Berry Pie Ingredients: For the crust: 2 cups almonds 1/2 cup honey For the topping: 1 cup walnuts 1/4 cup honey 1/3 cup blueberries 2 Tbsp. Spoon into a serving dish and pack down well. and fresh coconut butter (if using) until smooth.com 21 .16. © www. Pour on top of crust and decorate with fresh. blueberries. fresh coconut butter (Optional) For Garnish: fresh strawberries. sliced Preparation: Crust 1) 2) Topping 1) 2) Blend the walnuts. sliced strawberries. Blend the almonds and honey until finely chopped.
Press the pecan mix into a 9x9 or 8x8 inch glass pan. Add the "pecan butter. raw cacao powder 1/4 tsp. cinnamon Water Preparation: 1) Blend all the ingredients until smooth. cinnamon 1/2 cup pecans. Sort of "knead" in the chopped pecans until they're well distributed. dried coconut 1/2 tsp. Remove from food processor and place the mixture in a medium-sized bowl or onto the counter.VegetarianFoodPlan. Process until everything is well mixed.17. ©www. Raw Pecan Pie Tart Ingredients: 2 cups pecans. pitted 1 1/2 cup shredded. process dates until smooth (or as close to smooth as you can get). Raw Chocolate Pudding Ingredients: Meat of 2 coconuts or coconut butter 10 cashews 6 dates 4 Tbsp. salt 1 tsp. made into a smooth "pecan butter" (Your food processor can do this) 30 medjool dates. salt.com 22 . and cinnamon." coconut. chopped Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) 5) 6) 7) In food processor. 18. Store covered in the fridge until ready to eat.
and apples in a food processor until they are finely chopped. use a spatula to spread cookie mixture onto a dehydrator tray OR shape into balls and eat as is. soaked overnight 2 cups raisins Y2 cup orange peel 2 medium oranges. peeled and seeded) 1 banana 1-2 tsp. sea salt.com 23 .19. whole and peeled 2 apples. Papaya Banana Pudding Ingredients: 1 cup papaya chunks (About Y2 a Hawaiian papaya. Orange Almond Cookies Ingredients: 4 cups raw almonds. raisins.VegetarianFoodPlan. orange peel. ©www. raw tahini Preparation: 1) Blend all ingredients until smooth and it’s ready to eat! 20. oranges. cored Preparation: 1) Blend the almonds. 2) When all ingredients are finely processed.
cilantro. 2. 3) Optional.VegetarianFoodPlan. The leaf will give the dish more crunch and texture. 4) Place in water the night before and then prepare yoru breakfast the following morning as if they are cooked. salt and water. Oatmeal Ingredients: 3 cups water 2 cups old fashioned oatmeal 1/2 cup raisins Preparation: 1) Bring water to a boil and add oatmeal. Raw Scramble Ingredients: 1 cup almonds (Soaked overnight in water) 1/2 cup sunflower seeds 1/4 salt Y2 cup of water 2 Tbsp. cumin Lettuce leaf – Romaine/Collard Green Preparation: 1) In a food processor combine and blend almonds.BREAKFAST RECIPES 1. This keeps the fiber structure intact and helps the digestive system. chopped Dash of cayenne 1/4 tsp. * You can eat by itself or in a lettuce leaf. and green onions. green onions 1/4 cup cilantro Y2 cup tomatoes.com 24 . sunflower seeds. 2) Reduce heat and simmer for 5-10 minutes or until oats have reach your desired texture. 2) Pour into bowl and fold in chopped tomatoes.do not heat oats. Remove from heat and let cool. ©www.
just place it on the tray in small chunky pieces. minerals. 5) Continue to add sweetener to taste. turn it no higher than 105 degrees so not to destroy the vitamins.VegetarianFoodPlan. and essential fiber. of cinnamon 2/3 cup shredded coconut (Unsweetened) 1 tsp.3. of salt 2 Tbsp. If you would like it sweeter. cinnamon. 3) Process all ingredients except raspberries for 10-15 seconds. you can add more agave. alcohol free vanilla. of alcohol free vanilla 1 tsp. ©www. agave nectar and Stevia. 4) Add raspberries. 3) If your dehydrator has a heating gauge.com 25 . and blend once more about 10-15 seconds. place in the oven on the lowest temperature possible and leave the oven open a crack or on the lowest setting until dry or about 24 hours. of agave nectar Dash stevia 1/2 cup of raspberries (Fresh or frozen) Preparation: 1) Measure soaked sunflower seeds and flax seeds and pour into food processor. 4) If you don’t have a dehydrator. Good For You Granola Ingredients: 4 cups of soaked sunflower seeds 1 cup of soaked flax seeds 2/3 cups of raisins 1 tsp. 2) Add raisins. or until ingredients are slightly mixed but still chunky. Stevia or honey. 2) You don’t need to smooth it out. salt. To dry granola: 1) Take the chunky mixture and drop it on dehydrator trays.
Rice Milk Recipe Ingredients: 1 cup cooked brown rice 1 oz. Fold in ingredients with a large spoon to mix. Cover and blend on high until rice is pulverized. water 1 tsp. Refrigerate if you have the space. chopped walnuts 5 oz. Eat with fresh fruit and non-dairy milk. chopped dried apples 1/2 cup shredded coconut 5 oz.com 26 . agave nectar 32 oz. Muesli Recipe Ingredients: 1 oz. Store in an air-tight container. Store in a covered container in the refrigerator. ©www. agave nectar. rolled oats 8 oz. vanilla and water. Shake well before using. rolled wheat 8 oz. raisins 8 oz. chopped sesame seeds 1 oz. 5.4.VegetarianFoodPlan. rolled rye Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) 5) Combine all ingredients in a large wide bowl. vanilla Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) In a blender place rice.
2) Cover and blend on high until cashews are pulverized and there are not chunks of cashew. Cashew Milk Recipe Ingredients: 1/2 cup raw cashew pieces 3 Tbsp. agave nectar 32 oz. only creamy.com 27 . 4) Shake well before using. 3) Cashew milk will last about 5 days covered in the refrigerator. vanilla Dash of salt to bring out the flavors Preparation: 1) Place cashews. agave nectar. * 1 serving is approximately 1 cup. ©www. water 1 tsp.VegetarianFoodPlan. vanilla and water in high powered blender.6.
7. Sweet Tofu Rice Pudding Ingredients: 1 cup organic brown rice, short or long 1 1/2 cups water 1 Tbsp. coconut oil 1 tsp. salt 1 cup chopped fresh/ frozen blueberries 1 1/2 cup So Delicious Coconut yogurt 1/4 cup agave nectar 1 cup tofu, firm, cut into cubes 3 Tbsp. pecans 1 tsp. cinnamon 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) 5) 6) 7) 8) Place rice, coconut oil, slat and water in pan and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer rice for 30 minutes, or until rice is soft. Make sure the rice does not dry out and burn. Fold in the tofu with 1/3 cup of coconut yogurt and cover lid. Allow to cook on medium heat for 5 minutes. Add the vanilla extract, cinnamon, cashews and agave or maple syrup. Cover with lid and allow to sit for ten minutes. Serve warm in bowl and top with fresh blueberries or fruit of your choice.
8. Apple Cinnamon Quinoa Ingredients: 1/2 cup quinoa, rinsed thoroughly, uncooked 1-1/2 cups unsweetened Almond milk 2 Tbsp. raisins 1 apple, cored and chopped 1 tsp. ground cinnamon 1-2 tsp. lemon juice 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract Preparation: 1) To thoroughly rinse quinoa, cover it with water in a mixing bowl, then rub it between the palms of your hands. Pour off the cloudy liquid through a strainer and then repeat the process two or three more times, until the rinse liquid remains clear. In a medium-sized saucepan, combine the rinsed and drained quinoa with almond milk. Bring to a slow simmer, then cover and cook for about 15 minutes until the quinoa is tender. In the blender place apple, raisins, cinnamon, vanilla extract, and lemon juice and puree. Put it in pot with quinoa and let it simmer for 5-15 minutes. Serve warm or chilled.
2) 3) 4) 5) 6)
Makes about 3 cups.
9. Quickie Breakfast Ingredients: 2 to 3 medium dried figs 1/4 cup raisins 1 medium apple 1 cup quick rolled oats 3 cups vanilla almond milk 1/4 tsp. cinnamon Dash of nutmeg Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) In a food processor, chop the apricot halves, figs, and raisins. Cut and core the apple and then add it to the dried fruit in the food processor. Chop fine. Transfer the fruit mixture to a medium-sized saucepan and add the remaining ingredients. 5) Simmer slowly, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes, or until thickened. Makes 4 servings.
10. Veggie Tofu Scramble Ingredients: 1/2 cup chopped celery 1/2 cup minced onion 1/2 cup chopped bell pepper 1 cup zucchini 1 cup chopped kale 1 1/2 tsp. chilli powder 1 tsp. cumin 16 oz. low-fat tofu, drained and crumbled 1/2 Tbsp. Himalayan salt 1/2 cup vegetable broth 1/4 tsp. pepper Preparation: 1) Heat 1/4 cup of vegetable broth, celery, onion, bell pepper, and zucchini in a skillet over medium-high heat. 2) Cook until softened. Add the remaining vegetable broth, kale, and spices. 3) Cover the pan and cook until the kale is wilted. 4) Add the crumbled tofu. Cook until firm and lightly browned. 5) Add the salt, pepper. 11. Couscous Breakfast Ingredients: 2 cups hot Almond milk 2 cups dry couscous 1/3 cup raisins, soaked in water and drained 1/3 cup dried apricots 6 pecans, raw honey, to taste (Or use agave nectar) Preparation: 1) Bring the almond milk to a boil on the stove. 2) Add the couscous to the hot almond milk and let stand 5 minutes. 3) Stir in raisins, pecans, and honey/agave nectar to taste. * A serving size is 1/3-1/2 cup cooked.
low sodium tamari or nama shoyu sauce. heat the canola oil and add the Fakin’ Bacon. organic) 1 medium tomato 2 Tbsp. cayenne pepper 1/8 tsp. With a fork.12. Makes 4 servings. diced Y2 onion.VegetarianFoodPlan. Add the vegetables and stir-fry until they are tender. firm tofu (Non-gmo. nutritional yeast Y2 tsp. Hearty Tofu Scramble Ingredients: l lb. Rapeseed oil (or other mild-flavored oil) Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) 5) 6) 7) 8) Drain the tofu. cayenne and pepper. mash it all up until there are no big chunks. diced 1 Tbsp. Sauté until the pieces are brown and crispy. In a frying pan. turmeric 2 tsp.com 32 . black pepper Y2 bell pepper. turmeric.more if preferable 1/8 tsp. ©www. tamari/soy sauce. Cut it into pieces and put it into a small mixing bowl. Add the nutritional yeast. Add the tofu mixture and stir-fry until the tofu is heated through.
chopped 1 tsp. 2) Stir in black-eyed peas and cook on medium heat until vegetables are cooked through. 4) Stir in salsa and simmer for 5 minutes more. 3) Stir occasionally to keep from burning.VegetarianFoodPlan. drained 2-3 Roma tomatoes. saute the onion. and peppers in vegetable broth until soft. Breakfast Black Eyed Peas Ingredients: 1/2 large red onion.com 33 . 5) Warm tortillas and roll up some of the black-eyed peas mixture into each one. hot pepper (Jalepeno) 1 large green pepper. chopped 1/2 tsp. diced small 1/4 cup salsa 1/4 cup vegetable broth or 1 Tbsp. tomatoes. ©www.13. minced garlic 1 can black-eyed peas. 6) Serve as is or with extra salsa. chopped 1/2 yellow pepper. garlic. nama shoyu and 1/4 cup water 1 package of whole wheat tortillas Preparation: 1) In a nonstick pan.
crumbled 1 Tbsp. South Western Breakfast Burrito Ingredients: 1-2 low carb tortillas 1/3. Warm the tortillas. Roll it up like a burrito. Saute until lightly browned. cumin. Enjoy!! Makes 1 serving. and spices. chopped onion Spaghetti squash salad Salsa Dash of nutritional yeast Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) 5) 6) 7) 8) 9) 10) Sauté garlic and onions in a little broth.com 34 . Add crumbled tofu. paprika. Sprinkle with nutritional yeast. or you can serve it on the top. Add salsa.14. Saute until fully incorporated into tofu mixture and warmed thoroughly. turmeric 1 clove fresh garlic. nama shoyu or tamari (Adds salty flavor) Dash of cayenne. and water. crushed 3 Tbsp. Add spaghetti squash salad. tamari . ©www.1/2 cup firm tofu. Spoon the scrambled tofu/squash mixture in a line down the center of the tortilla.VegetarianFoodPlan.
or top the beans with the salsa and place the plates in a microwave oven and heat for 1 to 2 minutes on high.com 35 . 3) Take the warmed tortillas and place each one flat on a separate plate. tomatoes. onions.15. ©www. spreading out the beans to cover the whole tortilla. 5) Top the beans with salsa that you've either warmed upon the stove top. 2) Warm tortillas in oven using a very low temperature so that the tortillas warm all the way through and are still soft (not until they dry out and become crunchy). can of black beans 2 fat free/low fat flour tortillas 1 cup of salsa Diced green chillies 2 Tbsp. 6) Top the salsa with the scrambled egg whites or scrambled tofu. 4) Cover each tortilla with the black beans. diced Preparation: 1) Warm the beans and separately scramble the egg whites or tofu mix in a non stick pan. Makes 2 servings. vegan cheese 4 Tbsp.VegetarianFoodPlan. diced 3 Tbsp. Huevos Rancheros Ingredients: 6 egg whites OR enough scrambled tofu mix to serve two 1 15oz.
5) Add chopped apple. 2) When ready to cook. nutmeg. Multi Grain Breakfast Ingredients: 1/2 cup whole wheat berries 1/2 cup whole rye berries 1/2 cup oat groats or rolled oat 1/2 cup whole triticale 1/2 cup whole barley 1/2 cup buckwheat groats 1/3 cup sesame seeds 1/3 cup flaxseed Preparation: 1) Combine all ingredients dry and store until you decide to prepare breakfast.VegetarianFoodPlan.16. Or make one serving by boiling 1/4 cup of cereal. 4) Warm up when you want. bringing it to boil.com 36 . cinnamon. ©www. measure 2 cups of cereal to 5 cups of water. 3) You can store leftovers in the refrigerator. and raisins and almond milk.
4) Reduce to a bare simmer and stir occasionally for 10 minutes or so.com 37 .17. raisins 1/3 cup date pieces Dash or three of cinnamon 3 cups water 1 cup unsweetened Almond milk Molasses or Stevia to taste Preparation: 1) The night before. 2) In the AM. 6) This is also really good with dried apricots or with fresh chopped apples. 3) Add the dried fruit. cover and let set overnight. ©www. Makes 3-4 servings.VegetarianFoodPlan. add water 1 inch above grains. put grains and cinnamon in a large bowl or pot. strain water off grains. Winter Grain Cereal Ingredients: 2/3 cups steel cut oats 1/3 cup pearl barley 2 Tbsp. 5) Remove from heat and let stand covered for 5 minutes. the soy milk and 3 cups water and bring to a simmer on the stove.
Tofu-Breakfast Pancakes Ingredients: 2 cups whole wheat flour 1 package silken Mori-Nu low fat tofu (1 gm/3 oz) 1 large apple 1 tsp. Be sure to add more soy milk or water to keep the batter from getting too thick as it sits. fat substitute (Sunsweet Lighter Bake) 1 to 2 cups Almond milk 1 cup blueberries Powdered cinnamon for topping while cooking Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) 5) 6) Just put all the ingredients in a food processor. Fry in a non-stick pan sprayed with Pam.VegetarianFoodPlan. jam or jelly.18. vanilla Dash of salt 2 tsp. Try to use a cover to steam the pancakes as much as fry them. as it reduces the amount of Pam you need to fry them. except for the Cinnamon and blueberries. Reduce the heat as you do subsequent batches.com 38 . Serve with fat free maple syrup. or they will tend to stick. ©www.
blackstrap molasses or raw honey Currants or raisins to taste Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) Rinse the grains. Variations – try adding vanilla. cinnamon. Boil and then simmer the quinoa in water and mollasses for ten minutes.VegetarianFoodPlan. Makes 1 large serving OR 2 small servings.19. or yeast. Quinoa Breakfast Ingredients: 1/2 cup water 1/4 cup quinoa 1/4 cup steel cut oats 1/4 cup peaches Dash of cinnamon and nutmeg Dash of Himalayan salt 1 Tbsp.com 39 . nut. ©www. Add the oats and fruit and simmer for another 15 minutes.
In a large bowl. Press the dough into the baking dish. Mix in coconut. 7) Bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Tropical Breakfast Bars Ingredients: 1 1/4 cups blanched almond flour 1/4 teaspoon Celtic sea salt 1/4 teaspoon baking soda 1/4 cup Grapeseed oil 1/4 cup agave nectar 1 tsp. pumpkin seeds. vanilla extract 1/2 cup shredded coconut 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds 1/2 cup sunflower seed 1/4 cup slivered almond 1/4 cup raisins Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) 5) 6) In a small bowl. Stir dry ingredients into wet.com 40 . salt and baking soda. sunflower seeds. agave and vanilla. combine grapeseed oil.VegetarianFoodPlan. ©www. Makes 12-16 bars. 8) Serve. combine almond flour. Grease an 8x8 baking dish with grapeseed oil. wetting your hands with water to help pat the dough down evenly.20. almond slivers and raisins.
3) Place all vegetables in bowel and toss with salad dressing. cut into 1/4 “ slices 1 medium orange bell pepper. Rainbow Salad Ingredients: 1 medium red onion 1 medium green bell pepper. raw Dressing: 2 Tbsp.com 41 . vinegar Salt and pepper Dash of honey to balance out the flavour Preparation: 1) Combine all dressing ingredients in a food processor or blender and blend until smooth. flat-leaf parsley 1 Tbsp. flaxseed oil 2 large ripe avocados 1 cup non-fat plain yogurt 1 medium shallot 2 Tbsp. cut into 1/4 “ slices 1 medium red bell pepper.LUNCH RECIPES 1. 2) Add a little water or more vinegar if necessary to thin. fresh tarragon. julienned 1 medium jicama. chopped optional 3 Tbsp. julienned 1 medium yellow squash or zucchini. julienned 1/3 cup sunflower seeds. cut into 1/4 “ slices 2 medium Belgian endive. ©www. cut into 1/4 “ slices in a diagonal 1 large hothouse cucumber.VegetarianFoodPlan.
and canola oil. Make a marinade by whisking together 3 tablespoons of the orange juice. core. Press the tofu for 30 minutes. the mirin. Stir in the garlic. mirin (Sweet Japanese cooking wine) 1 Tbsp. Toss the apple slices with the remaining tablespoon of orange juice to keep them from browning. or until softened. minced 1 Tbsp. Transfer to a dry work surface and pat dry. and cayenne. Dip one of the wrappers in a wide bowl filled with warm water for 15 seconds. If packing for later. folding in the sides along the way. and thinly slice the Granny Smith apple. Set aside to cool. freshly squeezed orange juice 1 Tbsp. minced ginger A pinch of cayenne 1 Granny Smith apple 9 (8-inch diameter) dried rice paper wrappers 18 fresh cilantro stems 1 cup finely shredded Napa cabbage 1 bunch scallions.VegetarianFoodPlan. soy sauce 1 Tbsp. soy sauce. Look for them in packages at Asian markets. Bake the tofu and marinade for 40 minutes. sliced 9 large leaf or butterhead lettuce leaves. ginger. Put another plate on top and weigh it down with something heavy. Serve or pack each roll wrapped in a lettuce leaf (this will keep the spring roll from sticking to the plate). Peel. until it is golden brown and the marinade is absorbed. making nine equal slices.2. Roll up the rice paper to form a tight bundle. Preheat the oven to 375°F. Arrange a slice of tofu along with some apple slices.com 42 . Ingredients: 1 pound firm tofu 4 Tbsp. Cut the tofu into three slices lengthwise. cover the rolls with a damp paper towel and some plastic wrap to keep them from drying out. 2 sprigs of cilantro. and scallions in a mound just below the center of the wrapper. Place the slices in an 8×8-inch baking dish and pour the marinade over the top. then turn the tofu block on its side and cut into thirds again. Let the tofu sit for 30 minutes. canola oil 2 garlic cloves. Tofu Apple Spring Rolls The Wonders of Rice Paper: Rice paper wrappers are a fantastic alternative to bread for the gluten-intolerant. washed and patted dry Add grated lime for zest Preparation: 1) 2) 3) Wrap the tofu in a kitchen towel and set it on a plate. then turn the slices over and let sit for another 30 minutes. 4) 5) 6) 7) ©www. some Napa cabbage.
Add garlic and pepper flakes and sauté for one more minute. depending on the strength of your blender). dried thyme Preparation: 1) Preheat the oven to 400°F. extra virgin olive oil 1 Tbsp. 4) Blend the soup in batches in the blender. Add the basil. Carefully pour in all the tomatoes and their juices. minced 1 tsp. Toss with your hands until the tomatoes are evenly coated with oil. chopped 1 large garlic clove. Simmer for 15 minutes. Add the onion and sauté until soft and slightly golden. Remove pan from the oven and set aside. pouring finished soup into a clean saucepan or soup tureen (you may wish to strain the soup as you do this to remove any remaining skin or seeds. 5) Serve piping hot. Place in oven and roast the tomatoes for 50 minutes. cut in half lengthwise (About 35) 1/4 cup plus 1 Tbsp. then arrange them cut side up. 2) Arrange the cut tomatoes on a large (10×16-inch) baking sheet. Roasted Tomato Basil Soup Ingredients: 6–6 1/2 pounds plum tomatoes. thyme.com 43 . ©www. they should fill the pan completely. red pepper flakes (Optional) 2 cups fresh whole basil leaves (one 2 oz. and 1 cup water (you may need to add an extra cup if the tomatoes are on the dry side).VegetarianFoodPlan. sea salt 1/2 a medium onion. Drizzle the tomatoes with 1/4 cup olive oil and sprinkle with salt. with crackers or chunks of store-bought artisan-style bread. 3) Warm the rest of the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.3. bag) 1/2 tsp. about 10 minutes.
and cayenne and sauté. and tomato paste. beef-style texturized vegan protein (TVP) 1 (6-ounce) can salt-free tomato paste 1 tsp.4. extra virgin olive oil 1 onion. give the chilli a stir or two during the day to ensure even cooking. 4) Cover the slow cooker and cook on high for 5 hours or on low for 8 hours. 2) Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. add the onion and bell pepper and sauté until the onion is translucent and soft. Add the garlic. chopped 1 garlic clove. then cover with a generous amount of water. thyme. Let the beans soak for several hours or overnight. finely chopped 1/2 a green or red bell pepper. pinto beans.VegetarianFoodPlan. 5) When the chili is done. TVP. Add 5 cups of boiling water and stir until everything is combined and there are no lumps of tomato paste. sage. until the beans are tender. dried sage 1 tsp. for another 2 minutes. Drain the dry beans and add them to the slow cooker along with the lentils. When the oil is hot. Chili Con "Carne" Ingredients: 1/2 cup dried black beans 1/2 cup dried pinto beans 1/2 cup dried navy beans 1 Tbsp. or until the garlic is soft and the spices are fragrant. oregano. brown. minced 1 tsp. sea salt (Or to taste) Freshly ground black pepper Preparation: 1) Combine the black beans. about 5 minutes. ground cumin 1 1/2 tsp. or crimson are all fine here. and navy beans in a mixing bowl. stir in the salt and pepper to taste and serve hot. If you are around. dried oregano A pinch of cayenne 1/2 cup uncooked lentils (Black. paprika 1/2 tsp. 3) Scrape the onion and spice mixture into the insert of a medium-size (2. just not red) 1 cup dried. dried thyme 1/2 tsp. Rinse and drain the beans. ©www.com 44 .5 to 3 quarts) slow cooker. cumin. paprika. stirring constantly.
Italian Pasta Salad Ingredients: 1 1/2 cups bowtie or corkscrew pasta 1 cup broccoli. chopped fresh basil 1 cup fat-free vegan Italian salad dressing Sea salt and pepper to taste Preparation: 1) Cook the pasta according to package directions in salted water. diced 1 -2 tomatoes. chopped small 1 12 ounce can water-packed artichoke hearts.VegetarianFoodPlan.com 45 . Toss again before serving. drained and chopped 1 purple onion. Drain and allow to cool. broccoli and remaining ingredients and season to taste with salt and pepper. 4) Allow to marinate in the refrigerator at least one hour before serving. diced 1 12 oz. diced 1 red or yellow bell pepper. ©www.5. toss together the pasta. diced 1/3 cup sliced black olives 2 Tbsp. 2) Lightly steam the broccoli. until just tender. 3) In a large bowl. can green beans.
combine the split peas. 2) Stir in the carrots. 3) Puree in a blender or food processor. green split peas. for 1 hour.com 46 . chopped 3 medium potatoes. for an additional 45 minutes. curry powder 1/2 tsp. dried 10 cups water 1 onion. salt 1 bay leaf 2 large carrots. Simmer. garlic powder 1 tsp. onion and spices. chopped 2 stalks celery. or until the soup reaches desired thickness. chopped 1 tsp. Remove bay leaf. ©www. Reheat before serving. water. stirring occasionally. Simmer. chopped Preparation: 1) In a large saucepan. covered.VegetarianFoodPlan.6. uncovered. potatoes and celery. pepper 1/2 tsp. dried oregano 1 tsp. Curried Split Pea and Potato Soup Ingredients: 16 oz.
VegetarianFoodPlan. sea salt 1 Y2 tsp.com 47 . served on crackers. chopped finely 4 scallions (White and green parts). The resulting savory treat is wonderful as a sandwich spread. or as a side salad. pickle relish 1 Y2 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley 2 stalks celery. finely chopped 1 tsp. ©www. finely shredded 3 Tbsp. onion granules 1/4 tsp. Raw Eggless Egg Salad Ingredients: 1 Y2 pounds tofu. prepared mustard 1 Y2 tsp. garlic powder Black pepper. turmeric 4 tsp. chopped finely 1 small carrot. to taste Add dill to taste Preparation: 1) 2) 3) In a large bowl. firm Y2 cup eggless mayonnaise (Nasoya Nayonnaise is my favorite!) 2 red bell peppers. mash tofu with a fork or potato masher (alternatively.6. Add remaining ingredients and mix well. you may wish to finely cube the tofu).
and bring to a boil. cayenne. for 5 minutes. water for sautéing 1/4 tsp. finely chopped 3-4 Tbsp. Add a little water as needed. the canned corn. coarsely chopped 2-3 cloves garlic. 5) Season with salt and black pepper. ground cumin 1 tsp. seeded and cut into 1/2-squares 1 red bell pepper. 6) Serve in shallow bowls. and stir in the cilantro or parsley. thawed) Salt and freshly ground pepper. dried oregano 2 Tbsp. drained and rinsed 1 can pinto beans. oregano.8. chili powder 3 medium tomatoes. and all the beans. and cook. This is to replace the oil that is often used for sautéing. Tres Bean Chilli Ingredients: 1 orange bell pepper. adding water or tomato juice as needed if too much liquid evaporates. drained and rinsed 1 can corn. cayenne pepper 1 tsp. drained and rinsed 1 can black beans. chili powder. 4) Lower the heat and simmer for 30 minutes.VegetarianFoodPlan. peeled and chopped (Or one 16-ounce can diced tomatoes) 1 can kidney beans. 3) Stir in the tomatoes. ©www. drained (Or 1-1/2 cups frozen corn. coriander. 2) Add the bell peppers. to taste Water or tomato juice as needed 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves or fresh parsley (Optional) Squeeze lime juice to taste (Optional) Preparation: 1) Heat up the few tablespoons of water in a heavy 4-quart saucepan over medium heat.com 48 . and cumin. ground coriander 1 tsp. seeded and cut into 1/2-squares 1 yellow onion. garlic. stirring. onion. seeded and cut into 1/2-squares 1 yellow bell pepper.
4) Serve with raw veggies or baked tortilla chips. sea salt 1/4 tsp. Transfer them to a food processor. cans. pinto beans. Mexican Bean Spread Ingredients: 1/2 oz. * If you want to use canned beans. liquid smoke flavouring Preparation: 1) In a medium-small wide bowl. weigh pumpkin seeds. 3) Add water if needed. you will need 2 15 oz. raw pumpkin seeds 16 oz. or flax crackers.com 49 . and liquid smoke flavor. salt. 2) Add chili powder. Process until almost smooth. and green chilies. cooked pinto beans 4 oz. rinsed and drained. ©www. chili powder 1/4 tsp. or omit both.VegetarianFoodPlan. diced green chillies 1 tsp.9. * You can use pine nuts instead of pumpkin seeds.
4) Stir well keep covered in the fridge 4-6 hours or more.VegetarianFoodPlan. ©www. Raw Vegan Ceviche Ingredients: 1 cup corn (Do not cut it up. 3) Add juice of one large pink grapefruit. 2) Put all chopped veggies in a large bowl and add: 1/2 tsp. The pieces should be about the size of a corn kernel. cumin and paprika. in to very small pieces. by hand or with the food processor.com 50 . each salt. just put it in the bowl) 1 cup butternut squash 1 cup cauliflower 1/2 of a red bell pepper with seeds removed 2 Roma tomatoes 1 Carrot 1 Plum 2 Celery stalks 1 Onion 3 Garlic cloves 1 Larger grapefruit Preparation : 1) Cut each vegetable or fruit.10. black pepper.
3) Dehydrate at 145F. gently turning every two hours or so until they start to get crispy on the outside. chopped about a cup 1/2 cup celery leaf (Or parsley/cilantro) 1 Roma tomato 1/2 cup olives 1 Tbsp. 2) Mix well and form 1/4 cup balls.11. salt 1 Tbsp.com 51 . dry dill 1 tsp. nutritional yeast (Optional) 1/2 tsp. sesame seeds 1/2 cup corn kernels (Fresh/frozen) 1 large clove of garlic 1 small onion.VegetarianFoodPlan. curry A squeeze of lemon Preparation: 1) Place all ingredients in food processor until it turns into a paste. cumin 1 tsp. Raw Vegan Falafel Ingredients: 1 cup sunflower seeds 1 Tbsp. ©www. Makes about 15 balls.
Add some hemp seeds. about 1/4 inch (1 cm) thick. Do this for all the other spinach leafs until the ingredients are gone. a few sticks of carrot.nam ashoyusauce 1 cup raw almond butter 1/2 head Savoy cabbage. Then you put some of the cabbage mix on the leaf.redchilli1Tbsp. red chili.12. and a few leafs of cilantro and. a few pieces of mango. you might need to stick a cocktail stick in it to hold. romaine leaves 1 carrot 1 ripe mango 1 handful cilantro leaves 1 handful torn basil leaves Himalayan sea salt Preparation: 1) 2) Cut the carrot into matchstick-size pieces. ginger. Place the collard leaf on a cutting board with the underside facing up. and soy sauce. Roll it up and the spinach leaf. 3) 4) 5) ©www. basil.com 52 . lemon juice. You should get a rather thick consistency.VegetarianFoodPlan. (You may add water if it needs to be thinner) In a bowl. In a blender. mix the almond butter dressing with the cabbage. Raw Lettuce Wraps Ingredients: 1/2 cup hemp seed 1/2 cup lemon juice 1 1/2 Tbsp. shredded 6 large collard green leaves or for a more mild flavor. chopped ginger 1/4 cup green onions sliced 1/2Tbsp. Cut the Mango lenthwise into strips. The best and easiest way is to do this with you hands or a large wooden spoon. Add the almond butter and blend at low speed to combine. puree the honey.
garlic powder 1 tsp. fenugreek powder 1/4 tsp. ©www. Simple Carrot-Bean Soup Ingredients: 3 cups water 1 Tbsp. miso paste. tarragon leaf 1 tsp. and oil. and carrots into a pot.com 53 . chopped 1-1/2 cups frozen peas/carrots/corn (Any or all) 1 tsp. 2) Add beans.13. navy beans 1/2 large onion 4 medium carrots.VegetarianFoodPlan. 3) Simmer for 10 minutes. spices. frozen veggies. olive oil Preparation: 1) Put water. Simmer for 5 minutes. unpasteurized miso paste 1 can or 15 oz. garam masala 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper 1 tsp. coriander 2 Tbsp. cumin seed Salt to taste 1/2 tsp. onion.
VegetarianFoodPlan. quartered lengthwise and sliced 1 can or 15 oz. diced 1 cup green bell pepper. deseeded and diced 1 cup red bell pepper. ground cumin 1 tsp. olive oil 2 Tbsp. garlic.14. minced in garlic press 2 tsp. Curried Vegetable and Chickpea Stew Ingredients: 2 cups onion. ground coriander Dash of cinnamon 3 tsp. diced 2 cups zucchini. ground black pepper 3 cups sweet potato. deseeded and diced 1 Tbsp.com 54 . chickpeas. curry powder 2 tsp. sea salt 1 tsp. rinsed and drained 1 1/2 cups tomatoes diced 1/2 cup vegetable stock or water Lemon juice to taste Preparation: 1) Sauté all ingredients in skillet for 10-5 minutes or until vegetables are tender. ©www.
Place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. set aside. Add the eggs. wheat germ and parsley. combine the chickpeas. cover and process until smooth. In a food processor. spread over cut sides of buns.VegetarianFoodPlan. walnuts. split or whole romaine lettuce leaves 6 lettuce leaves Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) 5) 6) 7) 8) In a small bowl. Makes 6 servings. ©www. Dijon mustard 6 sesame seed hamburger buns. cover and pulse until blended. Combine mayonnaise and mustard. Bake at 375° for 10-15 minutes or until firm. curry and pepper. Serve patties on buns with lettuce and tomato or wrap in lettuce leaf and reserved onion mixture. combine onion and vinaigrette. rinsed and drained 1/3 cup chopped walnuts 1/4 cup toasted wheat germ 1/4 cup packed fresh parsley sprigs 2 eggs 1 tsp. each) chickpeas or garbanzo beans. thinly sliced 1/4 cup fat-free red wine vinaigrette 2 cans (15 oz. Chickpea Burgers Ingredients: 1 large red onion. curry powder Tomato sliced 1/2 tsp. Shape into six patties.15.com 55 . pepper 1/3 cup vegan mayonnaise 2 tsp.
5) Divide the juice. or delicate squash 1/3 cup pineapple juice 1 Tbsp. allow to cool for 10 minutes. all spice Dash of cinnamon (Optional) Salt and pepper Preparation: 1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.VegetarianFoodPlan. 2) Place the whole squash on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or foil and roast for 40-45 minutes. then cut in half horizontally. and pepper among the halves and use a fork to fluff and incorporate mixture into squash. butternut. reserve them to roast if you’d like. extra virgin olive oil 1/4 tsp. 3) Remove from the oven. or until tender. Acorn Squash with Pineapple Ingredients: 2 medium acorn. all spice.16. oil. 4) Scoop out the seeds. 6) E n j o y ! ©www. salt.com 56 .
top with tomato. Makes 4 servings. seeded and chopped 1/2 cup salsa 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese or vegan cheese 1/4 cup fat-free plain yogurt Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) Saute yellow and red pepper in a pan. warmed or lettuce leaf for wrap 1 medium tomato. ©www.VegetarianFoodPlan. salsa. Add beans. cheese and sour cream.) black beans. cover and cook 1 minute longer or until heated through.17. Black Bean Fajitas Ingredients: 1/2 cup each julienned sweet yellow pepper and red pepper 1 cup red onions julienned 1 can (15 oz. rinsed and drained 4 low carb tortillas (6 inches).com 57 . Fold in half. Spoon 1/2 cupful down the center of each tortilla.
freshly cracked pepper Dash chili powder 1 Tbsp. peeled 1/4 cup water 1 avocado 1 clove garlic 1 cup tomato 1 Tbsp.VegetarianFoodPlan. salt Y2 tsp.18. Raw Creamed Spinach Soup Ingredients: Y2 head spinach leaves Y2 cucumber. unpasteurized barley miso Y2 tsp. cold pressed olive oil Preparation: 1) Blend all ingredients until smooth. ©www. lemon juice 1 Tbsp.com 58 .
©www. diced 1 tsp. fresh coriander 1 tsp. Add washed lentils and cover mixture with water. cored and diced 2 cups of spinach 1 cup tomatoes. and turmeric and sauté until the onion is transparent.com 59 . and cayenne. tomatoes and coriander. cayenne pepper 3 Anaheim chiles roasted. Kick-it-up Spicy Curry Lentils Ingredients: 12 oz. diced and crushed 2 cloves garlic. chopped 2 Tbsp. minced 1 medium onion. Add ginger root. garam masala 1/2 tsp. seeded. salt Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) 5) 6) 7) Heat oil in skillet. red lentils (dry) 1 tsp.19. Simmer over low heat for about 25 minutes. Add chiles. Add salt just before serving.VegetarianFoodPlan. masala. ginger root. Makes 4 servings. onion. spinach. cumin. Add garlic. turmeric 1 tsp. cumin powder 1/2 tsp.
finely minced 1-2 Tbsp.20.VegetarianFoodPlan. 2) Add remaining ingredients and mix well.com 60 . Mock Tuna Salad Ingredients: 1 cup garbanzo beans (Canned or pre-cooked) 1 stalk celery. 3) Can have as a side dish or on vegetables or salad. kelp flakes (Gives it a fishy flavor) Vegan mayonaise Salt and pepper to taste Preparation: 1) Mash the garbanzo beans. ©www. chopped 1/2 small onion.
cooked 1 3/4 cup or 15 oz.VegetarianFoodPlan. rough chop the parsley. extra virgin olive oil 1 medium red onion. salt and pepper in a large bowl. ©www. garbanzo beans. black beans. mustard. oil. thawed 1 large orange. vinegar. 5) Stir and serve chilled. dried basil Salt and pepper Preparation: 1) Whisk together the orange zest and juice. 4) Drain and rinse the beans and add along with the peas. diced 1 medium hothouse cucumber 15 oz. Zesty 3 Bean Salad Ingredients: 1 3/4 cup or 15 oz. roasted bell peppers 1 clove minced garlic 1/3 cup flat leaf parsley. roughly chopped 3 Tbsp. cucumber. and add to the salad. Dijon mustard 2 Tbsp. * You can use other beans and it will be very tasty. cooked 1 3/4 cup or 15 oz. zest and juice 2 Tbsp. 2) Dice the onion. 3) Mince the garlic. and roasted bell peppers and add to the bowel. dried oregano 1/2 tsp. pinto beans.21. cooked 1 pound green peas. agave nectar or honey 1/2 tsp. balsamic vinegar 1 Tbsp.com 61 .
Place all ingredients except salt and pepper in a soup pot. packed with protein. with the split peas quite broken down and mushy. and freezes well. 1 hour or longer. and bring to a simmer. Makes 4 to 6 servings.VegetarianFoodPlan. diced 2 or 3 garlic cloves. such as stones or residue. and serve hot. Split Pea Soup This wonderful soup is filling. checking for any impurities. Make sure there’s enough water. Heat should be low-medium. low in calories and fat. Cover loosely and cook until peas are tender. A crock pot works very well for making this soup and cook for 6-8 hours. dried basil 1/2 tsp. Check occasionally to make sure water has not completely evaporated. diced 1 tsp. pressed or minced 2 carrots. dried parsley 1/4 tsp.com 62 . 5) The resulting soup should be thick and creamy. 6) Add salt and pepper to taste. ground mustard 1/4 tsp. brimming with fiber. Ingredients: 2 cups green split peas. ©www. black pepper Salt and pepper. dry uncooked 6 to 7 cups water or vegetable stock 1 medium-size yellow onion. diced 2 celery stalks. dried marjoram 1 tsp. 7) Can make creamy by blending in food processor.22. to taste Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) Rinse split peas.
VegetarianFoodPlan. green onion thinly sliced 1/2” ginger. Rapeseed oil 4 cloves garlic. or to taste 1 lb. minced maybe you can use garlic press 1 lime 1 Tbsp. Stir in garlic and ginger. Add tofu to the pan with soy sauce.com 63 . Squeeze lime juice and sprinkle green onion over tofu before serving. ©www. and continue cooking for 20 to 30 minutes. and stir to coat. Cover. minced or in garlic press 2 Tbsp. firm tofu Preparation 1) 2) 3) : Heat oil in a wok or frying pan over medium heat. and cook for 1 minute. soy sauce.DINNER RECIPES 1. Garlic Ginger Tofu Ingredients: 3 Tbsp.
whisking to combine. white wine vinegar 1/2 tsp. add to tomato mixture. or 1 pound green beans. 7 minutes or until crisp-tender.VegetarianFoodPlan.com 64 . Steamed Green Beans with Tomato-Garlic Vinaigrette Ingredients: 1 Tbsp. 3) Steam beans.2. trimmed Preparation: 1) Combine first 5 ingredients in a medium bowl. ©www. covered. salt 1/8 tsp. 4) Cut into 2-inch pieces. Dijon mustard 1/4 tsp. extra virgin olive oil 1/2 cup seeded chopped tomato 1 tsp chopped fresh thyme 16 oz. crushed and minced 1 Tbsp. let stand 10 minutes. tossing gently to coat. 2) Stir in tomato and thyme. slowly add oil. freshly ground black pepper Garlic cloves.
fresh ginger.3. cubed 1” 1 tsp. rapeseed oil in pan and add cubed tofu. nama shoyu 3 Tbsp. 5) Serve with or without rice. tofu. 2) Fry for about 5 minutes or until browned. Rapeseed oil 2 tsp. pressed in garlic press 2 tsp. 4) Add chestnuts. nama shoyu and ginger in water and remaining oil for several minutes. garlic. Vegetable N’ Braised Tofu Ingredients: 1 pound tofu firm silken style (Organic and non-gmo). ©www. drained and sliced 2 Tbsp. fresh garlic. 3) Stir fry mushrooms. stems removed 1 cup fresh snow peas 1 cup water Preparation: 1) Heat 1 tsp. green onions 2 tsp. sesame oil. green beans.VegetarianFoodPlan. divided 1 cup whole water chestnuts.com 65 . and sesame seeds and sauté 2-4 more minutes. green onions. minced in garlic press 1/2 cup fresh shiitake mushrooms.
garlic.4. tomato slices. chopped basil. or sun dried tomatoes in olive oil are ready to go. Set aside. and process for 1 minute. combine sun dried tomatoes and water. whisk together remaining chopped basil and garlic. Portobello Mushroom Burgers with Sun dried Tomato Aioli Ingredients: 6 sun-dried tomatoes or in olive oil 1/4 cup hot water 2-3 cup chopped fresh basil 2 Tbsp.com 66 . ©www. Grill for 5 minutes and flip with tongs. 4) Dip each mushroom in marinade and place on hot grill. 3) In a small bowl. of bragg liquid aminos 6 Portobello mushrooms. nama shoyu. and tamari. tamari. minced garlic 1 cup vegan mayonnaise 3 Tbsp. 2) Food process. vegan cheese as toppings. olive oil. balsamic vinegar. and vegan mayonnaise. olive oil 2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar 2 Tbsp.VegetarianFoodPlan. cleaned and dried Whole grain buns or rolls Lettuce. Grill an additional 4 to 5 minutes or until tender. Preparation: 1) Rehydrate sun dried tomatoes in warm water for 15 min. 5) Serve on toasted bun with fresh vegetables on top and sun dried tomato aioli. onion slices.
diced 1 3/4 cup or 15 oz.1/2 tsp. cumin 1 tsp. Remove from heat and cover. pinch Toppings: 1 tomato. Add apple cider vinegar. apple cider vinegar Spices: 1 clove of garlic. Use a leaf of lettuce or tortillas to wrap up the bean. ©www.VegetarianFoodPlan.5. Add spices. onion. Burrito of Black Beans Ingredients: 1 Tbsp. or blend beans and onion into a puree. Mash. food process. Prepare toppings.com 67 . black beans 2 Tbsp. peeled and cubed Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) 5) 6) Strain and rinse black beans. cayenne pepper Black pepper. minced 1/4 . cubed 1 avocado.
thinly sliced 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley 1 jalapeno pepper. ground cumin 1-2 tsp. put all vegetables slightly chopped in food processor and pulse until soup has reached desired chunkiness. sea salt 1/4 tsp.com 68 . fresh lime juice or apple cider vinegar 1 Tbsp. deseeded and diced 2 Tbsp. garlic. ground pepper Hot red pepper optional Preparation: 1) Combine all ingredients and stir well. chilli powder Y2 tsp. diced 1/3 celery. diced Y2 cup carrots 1 cup cucumber. olive oil 1 Tbsp. 3) Cover and chill in refrigerator for 1-2 hours to allow flavors to blend.VegetarianFoodPlan. Garden Patch Gazpacho Ingredients: 2 cups tomato vegetable juice low sodium 1 cup tomatoes. diced 2/3 bell peppers and color. diced 1/4 cup radishes.6. minced 1 tsp. ©www. 2) To speed up the chopping process. deseeded and diced 1/3 cup red onions. halved and thinly sliced 1/4 cup green onions.
4) Just before you are ready to eat. sundried tomatoes in oil 1/4 cup chopped onion 1 3/4 cup or 15 oz. or until all the liquid has been absorbed. combine and purée all the remaining ingredients in a food processor or blender. then slice it into 1/2-inch thick rounds. Peel the stem with a sharp knife.com 69 . lemon juice 2 Tbsp. salt 1 1/2 oz. Cover and simmer for about 10 minutes. black beans.VegetarianFoodPlan. chili powder 1/4 tsp.7. 2) Place kasha and salt into the water in a large saucepan. Broccoli Smothered in Black Bean Sauce Ingredients: 1 large bunch broccoli 4 cups boiling water 2 cups kasha (Use buckwheat groats for a milder flavor) 1/2 tsp. or until it is bright green and just tender. Set aside. ground cumin 1/4 tsp. ground coriander 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro Preparation: 1) Cut off broccoli stems. cooked and drained 1/2 cup roasted red pepper 2 Tbsp. Cut or break the tops into bite-sized florets. tahini (Sesame seed butter) 1/2 tsp. steam broccoli over boiling water for about 5 minutes. ©www. 3) While kasha is cooking. 5) Place a small portion of kasha on each serving plate. then top with steamed broccoli and black-bean sauce.
polenta. and top with fresh tomato wedges. Zesty Tofu and Vegetables Ingredients: 2 to 3 cups cubed summer squash (Zucchini. Spread the cooked vegetables over Risotto. crookneck. cut into 1-inch cubes 1 Tbsp.com 70 . Schilling Garlic and Herb. ©www.8.VegetarianFoodPlan. cubed 1/2 pound very firm tofu. Spike. or scallop) 1 onion. seeded and cut into large pieces 2 cups small mushrooms 2 tomatoes. or pasta. cut into chunks 1 red bell pepper. or other seasoning mix Olive oil Risotto. Use water in pan if you need more liquid to sauté. or pasta Preparation: 1) 2) Sauté the vegetables and mix in tofu cubes. Polenta.
VegetarianFoodPlan. basil leaf 2 tsp. If the onion starts to brown too quickly. cooked 1 3/4 cups or 15 oz. Drain and rinse the beans. oregano 1 tsp. Garnish with fresh chopped onion and shredded cheese if desired. turn down the heat on the skillet and add a little water to slow things down. Add all remaining ingredients and bring to a mild boil. garlic powder 1 tsp. white northern or pinto beans. sugar 1/2 tsp. chopped 2 1/2 cups whole tomatoes. Stir all of the spices into the skillet. black beans. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook for at least 30 minutes. cooked 1 3/4 cups or 15 oz. seasoned (or black) pepper 1 3/4 cup or 15 oz. 3 Bean Bonanza Chili Ingredients: 2 Tbsp. cooked Preparation (Makes 6 servings): 1) 2) 3) 4) 5) 6) 7) 8) Heat the olive oil in a large skillet on medium heat. using a can of diced tomatoes instead of the chopped whole tomatoes does not come out as well. The longer you cook the chili. coarsely chopped 1 cup onion. stirring often while you do the next few steps. olive oil 1 green pepper. chopped 1 cup vegetable broth 4 tsp.com 71 . the more the flavors will blend (up to about an hour). salt 1/2 tsp. but do not let them get brown.9. chili powder 1 jalapeno (Optional) seeded and chopped 1 tsp. ground cumin seed 1 tsp. Cook for at least 5 minutes. Cut the whole tomatoes into small pieces. and put them (including the juice) into a dish. red kidney beans. ©www. For some reason. and add the green pepper and onion.
2) Place in tortilla and top with plain yogurt and salsa. raw 1/4 cup fresh/frozen corn Dash of chilli powder Sea salt Topping. Spaghetti Squash Salad Ingredients: Whole Spaghetti Squash. black beans 1/4 cup green bell peppers 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds. cooked and removed from shell 1/4 cup carrots. ©www. grated 1/4 cup fresh mushrooms 1/4 cup red bell peppers 8 oz.plain yogurt and salsa Low carb tortilla Preparation: 1) Heat all ingredients together on the stove.com 72 .10.VegetarianFoodPlan.
7) Add the spinach and cook for another 3-5 minutes to heat it up. 9) Add salt and pepper to taste. ©www. package firm tofu 2 carrots. ground ginger 1/2 tsp. package frozen spinach Salt and pepper to taste Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) 5) 6) Sauté carrots and spices for 3-5 minutes. Basmati Spinach Stew Ingredients: 1 Tbsp. ground coriander 1 tsp. Add the water and coconut milk and bring to a gentle boil. can coconut milk (Don't use the "light" version) 4 cups water 1 cup basmati rice 1 16 oz. peeled and sliced into half rounds 1 10 oz. black pepper 1 tsp. After 20 minutes of cooking the rice should be looking more or less done. ground mustard 1 tsp. cayenne pepper 1 14 oz.VegetarianFoodPlan. 8) Take the pot off the heat and let sit for 5 minutes. If not.com 73 . Add the basmati rice and tofu and reduce heat to simmer. Canola oil 1 1/2 tsp. cook for a while longer.11. ground cumin 1/2 tsp. Cook for 10 minutes. Defrost the spinach and squeeze out the extra water.
fresh asparagus.) extra-firm tofu. stir-fry 2 minutes longer. ©www. Asparagus N’ Squash Tofu Stir-Fry Ingredients: 1/2 tsp. trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces 1 medium yellow summer squash. 4) Stir in vegetable broth and sweetener and add to the pan. canola oil. sliced almonds. nama shoyu. Add onions. minced fresh gingerroot. divided 1 cup onions 1 lb. thinly sliced 1 package (14 oz. stir-fry 1 minute longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Bring to a boil. pepper and remaining ginger in remaining oil for 7-9 minutes or until lightly browned. toasted Preparation: 1) In a large nonstick skillet or wok. 6) Serve with rice. 5) Add asparagus mixture and tofu. stir-fry for 2 minutes. 3) In the same pan. halved and sliced 2 green onions. cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove and keep warm. salt. heat through. sprinkle with almonds. drained and cut into 1/2-inch cubes 1/4 tsp. divided 3 tsp. Add squash. stir-fry tofu.12. 2) Add asparagus. salt 1/4 tsp. agave nectar or honey 1-1/4 cups vegetable broth 4 tsp. stir-fry 1 teaspoon ginger in 1 teaspoon oil for 1 minute.com 74 . braggs amino acids 2 tsp. pepper 2 cups hot cooked brown rice 2 Tbsp. Makes 4 servings.VegetarianFoodPlan. Remove and keep warm.
olive oil 1 lb. Grill over hot coals. Add to grilled vegetables or on top of a fresh salad.VegetarianFoodPlan. turning once and brushing with extra marinade as desired. ©www. Zesty Grilled Seitan Recipe Ingredients: 1/4 cup white wine 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar Zest and juice from one lime Dash salt and pepper to taste 2 Tbsp. Marinate the seitan in the mixture for at least 45 minutes. seitan Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) Whisk together all ingredients except for the seitan.13.com 75 .
Sesame Adzuki Beans Ingredients: 1/2 cup dry adzuki beans 1/4 cup tahini 1 Tbsp. 3) Makes 2 -4 servings. soy sauce Water for cooking the beans Preparation: 1) 2) Soak the beans overnight in 2 cups of water.5 cups water to the beans. Add 1. Drain off any remaining water and stir in the tahini and soy sauce. Reduce to a simmer and simmer until the beans are soft (depending on your beans 45 minutes to an hour). ©www. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Drain off the water and transfer the beans to a saucepan.14.VegetarianFoodPlan.com 76 .
cilantro. great northern beans. chopped 1 package low sodium natural taco seasoning 2 cups whole kernel corn. undrained 1 3/4 cups or 15 oz.VegetarianFoodPlan. black beans. Makes 15 cups. cooked. Taco Soup Ingredients: 1 large onion. 2) Add the other ingredients to the pot and simmer for 30-40 minutes. vegan cheese) Preparation: 1) Saute the onion until soft in a large pot sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. ©www.15.com 77 . fresh cut of the cob 1 3/4 cups or 15 oz. fat free vegetarian refried beans 1 cup diced tomatoes 1 cup salsa Toppings (Avocado. undrained 1 3/4 cups or 15 oz.
to taste 12 oz. Grilled Stuffed Chili Rellenos or Green Bell Peppers Ingredients: 6 large poblano chiles or red/green bell peppers 2 Tbsp. finely chopped 2 cloves garlic. finely chopped 2 jalapenos. finely chopped 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro 1 tsp. 3) Remove pan from heat and stir in baked beans. coarsely grated Salt. olive oil 1 medium onion. ground cumin 3 1/2 cups or 28 oz. hot sauce and 8 ounces of cheese.VegetarianFoodPlan. Add salt and pepper to taste. about 30 to 40 minutes. hot sauce. 2) Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a nonstick skillet. drained 1-3 tsp. ©www. garlic. vegetarian baked beans.com 78 . to taste Preparation: 1) Cut poblano chiles in half lengthwise to create a boat for filling and scrape out seeds. 4) Set up grill for indirect grilling and preheat to medium. seeded and chopped 1/2 red bell pepper. red bell pepper. Pepper Jack or Monterey Jack cheese or vegan cheese. to taste Freshly ground black pepper. Spoon the mixture into the hollowed chiles and sprinkle with remaining cheese. cilantro and cumin. 5) Cook until chillies are tender and cheese is browned and bubbling.16. Add onion. and cook over medium heat until golden brown for about 4 minutes. Makes 6 – 8 servings. Arrange the chillies on the grill away from the heat. jalapenos.
©www. Mixture will be thick. Add sauteed onions and the rest of the ingredients. Make veggie burgers and enjoy! 3) Makes 6 servings. diced 1 3/4 cup or 15 oz.17. In a large bowl. cooked 1/2 cup whole wheat flour 2 slices bread. except the oil. mash the beans until almost smooth. black beans. onion powder 1/2 tsp. seasoned salt Salt and pepper to taste Oil for frying Whole grain bun or bread Preparation: 1) 2) Sautee the onions till soft.VegetarianFoodPlan. about 3-5 minutes. approximately 1/2 inch thick and fry patties in a small amount of oil until slightly firm. adding the flour a few tablespoons at a time to combine well. Black Bean Burgers Ingredients: 1/2 onion. Form bean mixture into patties. garlic powder 1 tsp. crumbled 1 tsp.com 79 .
rinsed and drained 1-3 Tbsp.18. cider vinegar 1 tsp. simmer 10 minutes longer. minced fresh cilantro 1 tsp. onion. Toss with pasta. Add tomatoes. seeded and chopped 3 garlic cloves.com 80 . uncovered. Stir in the peas. ©www. Penne Pasta & Beans Ingredients: 3 1/2 cups crushed tomatoes 1 cup chopped red bell pepper 1/2 cup chopped onion 1 jalapeno pepper. salt 1/8 tsp. cilantro. vinegar. agave nectar 1 tsp. Simmer. salt and pepper. Makes 6 servings.VegetarianFoodPlan. for 10 minutes. minced 1 Tbsp. olive oil 1 3/4 cup or 15 oz. bring to a boil. cannelloni beans. jalapeno and garlic in oil for 5 minutes or until tender. sauté the green pepper. pepper 5 cups hot cooked gluten free penne pasta Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) In a large skillet. sugar.
Stir in the beans. for 3-5 minutes or until mixture begins to thicken.com 81 . chopped Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) 5) In a nonstick skillet. Makes 8 servings. chilies and seasonings. Bean Tacos Ingredients: 1 medium onion. cumin. ©www. simmer. Spoon about 1/2 cup off center on each tortilla.) chopped green chilies 1 Tbsp. tomatoes. Bring to a boil. chopped 2 garlic cloves. warmed 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese or vegan cheddar cheese 1 large ripe avocado. minced 1 Tbsp. chili powder (Or purchase a natural taco seasoning to replace chilli. ground cumin 1 tsp. Reduce heat. pepper 8 low carb tortillas (6 inches). salt 1/4 tsp. salt. peeled and sliced Fresh cilantro to top. Garnish with avocado and chopped cilantro. olive oil 4 cups (32 oz. garlic powder 1/4 tsp. oregano. Fold one side of tortilla over filling.19. dried oregano 1/2 tsp.VegetarianFoodPlan. sprinkle with cheese.) black beans. uncovered. garlic powder) 1 tsp. saute onion and garlic in oil until tender. rinsed and drained 1 Y2 cup diced tomatoes Y2 cup (4 oz.
3) In the same pan. honey or agave 1/2 tsp. bring to a boil. 2) In a large nonstick skillet or wok coated with cooking spray. stir-fry tofu in oil for 2-3 minutes or until heated through.) light coconut milk 1 cup matchstick-cut carrots 8 green onions. Makes 6 servings. Add mushrooms and onions. chili powder 1/2 tsp. chopped 3 cups hot cooked brown rice Preparation: 1) In a small bowl. Add cabbage and tomatoes.) firm tofu. 6) Serve with rice. peanut butter 1 can (14 oz. 4) Stir coconut milk mixture and add to skillet. drained and cubed 2 tsp. ©www. sesame oil 1 medium sweet yellow pepper. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened and vegetables are crisp-tender. crushed red pepper flakes 1 package (16 oz. julienned 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms 1 tbsp.VegetarianFoodPlan. Remove and keep warm. stir-fry for 2 minutes. 5) Return tofu to skillet.com 82 . combine the first 10 ingredients. stir-fry 2 minutes longer. cut into 1-inch pieces 4 cups shredded cabbage 4 plum tomatoes. Curried Tofu Stir-Fry Ingredients: 1/4 cup nama shoyu sauce or Braggs Amino Acid 2 Tbsp. curry powder 1 tsp. salt 1/2 tsp. minced fresh ginger root 1/2 tsp. cornstarch 1-1/2 tsp.20. set aside. stir-fry yellow pepper for 1 minute.
sauté green pepper and onion in oil until tender. Spinach Fettuccine with Tomato Basil Bean Sauce Ingredients: 6 oz.com 83 . dried basil 1 tsp. garlic salt Dash pepper 1/2 cup (4 oz. Makes 5 servings. rinsed and drained 2 Tbsp. 4) Drain fettuccine. fennel seed 1/4 tsp. dried oregano 1/2 tsp. uncovered. 3) Stir in the pasta sauce. Reduce heat. minced fresh basil or 2 tsp.VegetarianFoodPlan. for 5 minutes. 2) Meanwhile. chopped 1 small onion. 5) Top with sauce and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil. black beans and seasonings.) black beans. simmer. uncooked vegan spinach fettuccine 1 small green pepper. ©www.) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese or vegan mozzarella cheese Preparation: 1) Cook fettuccine according to package directions.21. chopped 1 Tbsp. olive oil 2 cups pasta sauce (no high fructose corn syrup) 1 3/4 cup or(15 oz.
This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?
We've moved you to where you read on your other device.
Get the full title to continue listening from where you left off, or restart the preview.