This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?
About Kardena Pauza
Hi! My name is Kardena Pauza, and I’m a personal trainer and certified nutrition expert. In 2003 I completely changed my life by adopting a meat-free diet. And since then, I’ve been living the vegetarian lifestyle and loving it. At first I made many common vegetarian eating mistakes, but since then I’ve developed a simple, high-energy diet meal plan that has helped me build the body of my dreams. And I’m here to show you how to do it as well. Once you get started with a meatfree diet (and even dairy-free and egg-free), you’ll be amazed at how much mental and physical energy you can have all day long. You’ll no longer feel sluggish or tired after eating big heavy meals. You won’t fall asleep at your desk. You won’t be a zombie at work or at home when your kids want to play. And best of all, the body fat will just melt right off of you thanks to your new diet. As you can imagine, people have a lot of preconceived notions about a vegetarian diet and think that it will just make them weak, tired, pale, and sickly looking. But that is NOT the case if you eat the right foods. And once you try going completely animal-free, I know you’ll be hooked on the new vitality and energy in your life. I look forward to helping you, and please let me know if you have any questions! See you in the kitchen, Kardena Pauza Author,
Table of Contents Smoothies ............................................................................................................... .pg. 4 Desserts .................................................................................................................................pg. 11 Breakfast............................................................................................................... .pg. 27 Lunch .................................................................................................................... pg. 44 Dinner................................................................................................................... .pg. 67
SMOOTHIE RECIPES 1. Banana Carob Smoothie You’ll love this yummy smoothie that tastes similar to a chocolate-banana shake. And if you didn’t know what carob is, it’s a great, healthy substitute for chocolate. Of course, if you want “real” chocolate, you can use cocoa powder instead of the carob. Ingredients: 1 frozen chopped bananas 3/4 cup soy milk or almond milk- unsweetened preferably 1 1/2 Tbsp. carob powder 1 Tbsp. maple syrup or agave nectar 1/2 tsp. vanilla Dash of cinnamon Add water to make more pourable and ice if you prefer a chilled drink 2. Strawberry Ecstasy Smoothie Ingredients: 1 cup almond milk- unsweetened preferably 1 cup frozen or fresh Strawberries 2 Tbsp. raw cacao powder or cacao nibs (Nibs are more bitter) 1-2 dates or agave to taste 3. Spice Up Your Life You’ll be surprised by what adding cayenne can do to a chocolate or cacao smoothie! Ingredients: 1 cup coconut water (From fresh young thai coconut preferably or in a container) 1/4 cup almonds soaked 1 Tbsp. cacao powder 1/8 cup white raisins Dash of cayenne Pinch sea salt
of raw cacao powder Raw honey or agave nectar as sweetener Water/ice to blend 5. Banana Cherry and Sesame Ingredients: Frozen organic cherries (1/2 cup to 1 cup) 1 banana 2 Tbsp. ground up flax seed 2 tsp.4. Marvellous Mango Ingredients: 2-3 tsp. sunflower. ground up sesame seed 6. 2) Next add all the remaining ingredients: peeled mango. raw sunflower seeds 4-6 raw Brazil nuts or 4-8 soaked raw almonds 1 Tbsp. spinach.VegetarianFoodPlan. and nuts in 2-3 cups of water first preferably. ginger and blend. coconut. 1 Tbsp. flax seeds (Thickens smoothie) 2 tsp.com . cored 2 tsp. cucumber. sesame seeds 1 or 2 tsp. © www. coconut butter or oil 1 large mango (Peel & remove pit) 1/4” slice of fresh ginger root 1/3 cucumber (Optional to peel) 1-2 cups spinach 2-3 cups water Preparation: 1) Blend flax. Mango Delight’ Smoothie Ingredients: 1 cup organic almond milk 1 large fresh mango (peeled) or frozen 1 apple.
hemp seeds 3 tsp.7. of your favorite dried green supplement Stevia (Optional) 10. of honey 1 tray of ice cubes Water 9. of coconut butter 1 tsp.VegetarianFoodPlan. of maca Handful of goji berries 1 tsp. cacao nibs 3-4 each raw almonds AND macadamia nuts 2 tsp. of cacao powder 1/2 tsp.com 6 . of soaked brown flax seed 1 Tbsp. Mac’ Berry Almond Smoothie Ingredients: 1/2 banana (Or substitute half an avocado but eliminate the flax oil) 4 oz. Low Glycemic Chocolate-Green Smoothie Ingredients: 1 Tbsp. chopped flax seeds 8. flax oil 1 tsp. frozen acai 1/3 to 1/2 cup frozen mixed berries 1-2 Tbsp. ZEN-ANANA Smoothie Ingredients: 1 large banana sliced 8 oz green tea 2 cup spinach 1 Gala or Fuji apple sliced pinch nutmeg or cinnamon © www. Cran-Orange Strawberry Smoothie Ingredients: 2 oranges 1 cup strawberries (Frozen or fresh) 1/3 cup unsweetened cranberries (Frozen is ok) 1 Tbsp.
Carob Shake Ingredients: 1 large banana 1-1/2 cup almond. rice milk (less for thicker shake) 12. hemp. cinnamon 1/4 cup pure water if blending Nuts. almond. soy.11. or rice milk 1 Tbsp. less is better) 1 Tbsp. raisins & hemp seeds (Optional) www. Chocolate-Avocado DREAM Ingredients: 1/2 avocado 1 medium sized banana 4-6 dates (Sweeten to taste. Oat Meal Raw Food Breakfast Ingredients: 1/2-1 cup soaked oat groats (Let soak uncovered. ground flaxseed 1/4 cup soaked raw almonds 1 tsp.com 7 . rinse before use) 2 apples sliced 1 banana sliced 1 Tbsp. flax meal 3 Tbsp. of cacao powder 11/2 .2 cups liquid use water.VegetarianFoodPlan. raw carob powder 1 or 2 shakes of cinnamon 1 Tbsp. organic maple syrup Add ice 13. in water over night. soy. soaked brown flax seed (Optional) 1-2 tsp.
Vegan Green Chocolate Shake Ingredients: Almond milk vanilla unsweetened 1-2 fresh kale leaves Almond butter 1 Tbsp.com 8 1) .water and meat 1 cup your favorite frozen berry (Raspberry.VegetarianFoodPlan. flax oil or substitute with Y2 avocado if no oil Couple dashes of cinnamon 1 tsp. soy or hemp milk 1 Tbsp. maca (Optional) Young Coconut Preparation: To open young coconut use clever or chef knife. 16. soaked flaxseed 4-6 chucks pineapple (Fresh or frozen) 1-2 cup organic spinach (Fresh or frozen) 15.+ cocoa powder Handful blueberries or strawberries Pumpkin seeds Water (As needed) Dash Stevia to sweeten ©www. Remember to be very careful to avoid hard pieces from the husk. Favorite fruit/Y2 an apple 1/4 inch-1/2 inch raw ginger peeled Udo's. rice.14. Green Pome-berry Smoothie Ingredients: 1 medium sized banana 6-8oz (1 cup) frozen blueberries 1/2 cup pomegranate juice 1/2 cup almond. then dump coconut water into blender. strawberry. 2) Scoop out coconut meat and place in blender. blueberry) Dash of Stevia to taste Dash cinnamon 1 Tsp. Energizing Smoothie Ingredients: 1/2 ripe avocado 1 frozen banana 1 young coconut.
of ginger root powder or 1/4 inch fresh peeled ginger 1 Tbsp. Tropical Green Smoothie Ingredients: 3 cups fresh organic baby spinach 2 cups fresh or frozen pineapple cubes 2-3 kiwis 1/2 avocado 1 banana Add ice & water until desired 20. of flaxseed oil 1/4 tsp. rice or almond milk Add ice if desired 19.com 9 .17. soy. coconut butter (Or 1 young coconut with coco-water if available in your area) 2-3 cups water until desired Add ice only if desired www. Parsley Pear Smoothie 2 pears sliced 1/3 bunch of parsley (Traditional or Italian is fine) 1 stalk of celery (the greener the better) 2 Tbsp. Green Machine Smoothie Ingredients: 3-5 leaves of kale 1 kiwi 1 avocado 2 Tbsp.VegetarianFoodPlan. of spirulina or SuperGreens powder Add water/ice 18. Mango Banana Smoothie Ingredients: 1 medium-sized mango Dash of agave nectar or maple syrup 1 medium sized banana or ripe plantain 3/4-1 cup hemp.
8) Bake about 12 minutes or until golden. 6) Place a Tbsp. 5) Spread batter evenly into sprayed pan. agave nectar and vanilla. ground cloves 2 cups rolled oats 1/4 cup Maranta Starch or “Arrow Root” (Use instead of cornstarch to thicken) 1 cup applesauce (Optional unsweetened version) Preparation: 1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees. 6) Bake about 30 minutes or until lightly browned on edges.com 10 . 7) Allow treat to cool down then cut into squares and serve! ©www. 7) Moisten your fork if it begins to stick to batter. of batter onto cookie sheet and flatten with fork. baking powder 1 cup applesauce (Optional unsweetened version) 4 oz agave nectar 2 tsp. 3) Using blender or food processor grind oats to coarse powder texture. 5) Now add to dry ingredients and fold in carob chips. Blueberry Squares Ingredients: 4 cups fresh blueberries or berry of your choice 2 tsp. alcohol free vanilla extract (Trader Joe’s has alcohol free) 8 oz/1 cup unsweetened carob chips 1/4 cup chopped walnuts or pecans 1/4 cup sunflower seeds Preparation: 1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees. 2) Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray. cloves. ground cinnamon 1 tsp.DESSERT RECIPES 1. walnuts and seeds. Makes 48 cookies 2. 3) Stir flour and baking powder in large bowl 4) In separate bowl stir well and combine applesauce.VegetarianFoodPlan. 2) Spray baking pan with cooking spray. arrowroot and apple juice concentrate in large bowl. cinnamon. Chocolate Chip Vegan Cookies Ingredients: 3 cups whole-wheat flour 1 tsp. 4) Processed oats with berries.
7) Remove pie from oven and cover with aluminium foil for 10 minutes before removing from pan. ripe bananas. ground cloves 1/4 tsp. baking soda. 4. water until smooth Preparation: 1) Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees 2) Lightly oil a 9 inch pan with vegetable oil 3) Combine the flour. Chocolate Oatmeal Chai Cookie Recipe Ingredients: 2 cups rolled oats. nutmeg 1 tsp. alcohol free vanilla extract (Trader Joe’s has Alcohol Free FYI) 2 Tbsp. mixed with 2 Tbsp. baking powder 6-7 ounces chocolate chips or dark chocolate bar chopped or unsweetened carob www. and vanilla to the dry ingredients and mix until combined.com 11 . cinnamon 1/2 tsp. 4) Stir in the apple juice concentrate. slightly warm. all-spice 1/2 tsp.VegetarianFoodPlan. Vegan Apple Pie Ingredients: 1/4 cup frozen apple juice concentrate 1 3/4 cup applesauce (Optional unsweetened version) 2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour 1/2 cup quick oats 1/2 cup of raisins 1/4 cup chopped walnuts 1 tsp. 5) Mix in the flax seed. baking powder 1 Tbsp. 6) Pour batter into oiled pan and bake for 45-50 minutes. finely shredded & unsweetened 3 large. cinnamon 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract 1/4 cup coconut oil or olive oil. ground flax seed. do not cook 2/3 cup almond meal 1/4 teaspoon cardamom 1/4 tsp. baking powder and spice in a large mixing bowl. baking soda 1 tsp. oats.can do gluten free 1/3 cup coconut. well mashed (about 1 1/2 cups) 1 tsp.3. applesauce. fine grain sea salt 1 tsp.
VegetarianFoodPlan. Set aside. ©www. salt. each about 2 teaspoons in size. onto a parchment lined baking sheet. one level tablespoonful at a time. salt. 7) Drop dollops of the dough. racks in the top third.com 12 . 5. 4) In another bowl whisk together the oats. baking powder. 3) In a large bowl combine the bananas.don't go too far or you'll end up with almond butter. 3) In a large bowl whisk together the flour. ground cloves. an inch apart. 6) Fold in the chocolate/carob. 8) Bake in the top 1/3 of the oven for 10 . room temperature 1/2 cup unrefined (fragrant) coconut oil. and coconut oil. 5) Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until combined. fine grain sea salt 1 cup rolled oats 2/3 cup chopped walnuts 1 cup shredded carrots 1/2 cup real maple syrup. and ginger. leaving about 2 inches between each cookie. grated fresh ginger 1/4 cup wheat germ 1/2 cup raisins Preparation: 1) Preheat oven to 375F degrees.Preparation: 1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees. wheat germ.You can make your own almond meal by pulsing almonds in a food processor until it is the texture of sand . raisins and oats. warmed until just melted 1 tsp. shredded coconut. coconut oil. 6) Add this to the flour mixture and stir until just combined. cinnamon.14 minutes or until turning brown on the bottom. almond meal. baking powder Scant 1/2 tsp. 2) Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. 7) Drop onto prepared baking sheets. cardamom.12 minutes or until the cookies are golden on top and bottom. 5) In a separate smaller bowl use a whisk to combine the maple syrup. 8) Bake for 12 . 4) Add the nuts and carrots. vanilla extract. 2) To make almond meal. Carrot Ginger Oatmeal Cookie Recipe Ingredients: 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour 1 tsp. and baking powder. Makes about 3 dozen bite-sized cookies.
VegetarianFoodPlan. Press down on each one gently with the back of a fork. Place racks in the top third. maybe 11 minutes . www. and vanilla. Organic Peanut Butter Cookies Ingredients: 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour.but don't over bake or they will be dry. baking soda 3/4 tsp. It's a loose batter. olive oil. Bake for 10. go ahead and chill the batter for an hour or so before this step.still a bit dusty looking. Let cool five minutes and transfer to a cooling rack. give one more quick stir. Stir until combined. Now drop by heaping tablespoonfuls onto parchment-lined baking sheets. so if you're set on doing criss-crosses.com 13 . Let sit for five minutes. 9) 10) Make 2 . In a separate larger bowl combine the peanut butter. fine grain sea salt 1 cup Organic Creamy Peanut Butter 1 cup maple syrup 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil 1 1/2 tsp. and salt. vanilla extract Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) 5) 6) 7) 8) Preheat oven to 350F degrees.3 dozen cookies. or unbleached all-purpose flour 1 tsp. just a stroke or two.Makes about 2 1/2 dozen cookies. baking soda. 6. spelt flour. In a medium mixing bowl combine the flour. Pour the flour mixture over the peanut butter mixture and stir until barely combined . maple syrup.
agave nectar or to taste 1/2 cup almond milk Add water if need to thin for blending Preparation: 1) Place all the ingredients in a powerful blender and puree until creamy.7.VegetarianFoodPlan. or crumble some graham crackers on top.com 14 . cacao powder 1 Tbsp. carob powder 3 Tbsp. 2) Pour the pudding into bowls and add your desired toppings. a slice of apricot or whipped cream. Dark Chocolaty Chocolate Pudding Make a rich and creamy vegan chocolate mousse from tofu! Garnish with fresh strawberries. ©www. red seedless grapes. Ingredients: 1 cup raw cashews 3 Tbsp.
Mix until "just mixed. 7) Bake for 40-50 min at 350F until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean." 5) Mix in the walnuts. cinnamon. allspice Y2 tsp. salt 2 cup grated carrots 1 cup almond milk 1 1/2 cup applesauce 1 cup maple syrup. baking soda. 2) Grate the carrots. ground cinnamon 1/4 cup raisins 1 Y2 tsp. Grade B (vegan) or 1 cup honey (Vegetarian) 1/2 cup crushed walnuts (Optional) Preparation: 1) First. and salt. Peter Rabbit Carrot Cake Ingredients: 2 cups spelt flour or whole wheat flour 2 tsp. 4) Combine the carrots and the rest of the ingredients except for the walnuts to the flour mixture. baking soda 2 tsp. I use a food processor instead of grating them by hand. ground cloves 1 tsp. allspice.8. 3) Preheat the oven to 350F. baking powder. cloves.VegetarianFoodPlan. mix all dry ingredients together in a mixing bowl: flour. 6) Transfer to a greased 13x9x2 pan. 8) Cool on a counter for 30 min and then frost with cream cheese frosting © www. baking powder 1 1/2 tsp.com 15 .
Blue Banana Bread Ingredients: 3 large over-ripe bananas 1 tsp. orange juice 1/3 cup vanilla almond milk (Or apple sauce) 1/2 cup agave nectar 2 cups whole wheat flour 3/4 tsp. 9) Allow to cool before cutting and serving. Stir well to combine. 2) Wipe a 9x5-inch loaf pan with oil. 7) Spread the mixture evenly in the prepared pan. 6) Add the banana mixture and gently mix until just combined. baking soda (Non-aluminum) 1/2 tsp. 3) In a large bowl. and agave nectar.VegetarianFoodPlan. mash the bananas and add orange zest. baking powder 3/4 tsp. soda. 4) In a separate bowl. and salt.com 16 .9. combine the flour. baking powder. about 40-45 minutes. almond milk. 5) Add blueberries and use a spoon or spatula to ensure they are coated with the flour mixture. orange juice. © www. 8) Bake until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. orange zest 1 Tbsp. salt 1 cup (240 ml) blueberries Preparation: 1) Preheat oven to 350F.
8) Drop by tablespoonful about 3 to a row. 11) When it’s done. 12) Eat when nice a warm and chewy. of salt (Optional) 1/2 tsp. beat olive oil (and/or milk) together with the vegan sugar. arrowroot flour (As substitute for 1 egg) 3/4 cup of whole wheat flour 3/4 cup of dry oats 2 Tbsp. Super Yummy Low-Fat Whole Wheat Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Ingredients: 1/4 tsp. 3) Sift the salt.1/2 cup of sugar 1/4 cup of unsweetened applesauce 3/4 tsp. of baking soda 1/4 cup pecans. 9) Flatten to about 3/4 and keep it thick. 6) Add in the flour mixture and beat on medium until a semi-stiff dough forms. add the vanilla essence. baking soda into the flour and oatmeal in a bowl.10. This dough will be very slightly sticky. Stir to blend together. 10) Bake in the center of oven for about 10-12 minutes.VegetarianFoodPlan. www. of vanilla essence 1/4 cup raisins Preparation: 1) Preheat oven to 350F. oil + 1 Tbsp of Almond Milk 1/3 .com 17 . cinnamon. 4) In a mixing bowl. 5) Add in applesauce and egg substitute and beat well. of ground cinnamon 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg 1/4 tsp. remove from cookie tray and cool on a rack. olive oil or 1 Tbsp. 2) Prepare a cookie sheet either with non-stick spray or a parchment paper. raisins and nuts and mix well into the dough. 7) At this point. cloves 1/2 tsp. chopped 2 Tbsp.
Use a hand blender to blend the oats into a powder/flour. You may need to adjust wet/dry ingredients to achieve the correct texture. Leave to cool and enjoy! 5) 6) 7) 8) ©www. tahini Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) Pre-heat oven to 350°. your better off slightly undercooking them and having a slightly soft middle. Bake for 30-35 minutes. very ripe banana Pinch of salt 1/4 cup chopped walnuts 1/8 cup sultanas or raisins 1/2 Tbsp.VegetarianFoodPlan. Mash the banana in a large mixing bowl. Add all the other ingredients and mix well. The mixture should be sticky but not too wet. Don’t over cook. vanilla essence 1/2 cup carob powder 1 large. pure maple syrup Egg replacer equivalent of 2 eggs 1/2 tsp. Low-fat Wheat-free Carob Brownies Ingredients: 1/3 cup brown rice flour 2/3 cup porridge oats 4 Tbsp.com 18 .11. Line an 8x8-inch square baking pan with foil and lightly oil the bottom.
Raw Carob pudding Ingredients: 2 medium ripe avocados 1 Y2 cup dates or 1 cup maple syrup If using dates add a little orange juice when blending 1/2 cup raw carob powder Toppings. almond butter 2 Tbsp. ©www. Hold back a little coconut for coating the macaroons. Place all ingredients in a food processor. shredded (Unsweetened) Y2 cup quick oats 1 Tbsp. sliced strawberries Preparation: 1) Process avocado. Raw Banana Macaroons Ingredients: 1 cup medjool dates 1 banana 1/2 cup coconut. Roll into balls and lightly roll in shredded coconut.com 19 . pecans. 13. agave nectar Pinch of salt Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) Remove the pits from dates.12. and process until only slightly chunky. sweetener (dates or maple syrup) and carob in a food processor or blender until smooth and creamy.VegetarianFoodPlan.raspberries.
Once smooth.com 20 . 3) Shape into balls and enjoy! 15. © www. salt and coconut oil and mix it all up. cinnamon Y2 tsp. salt 1 Y2 Tbsp. cashews or pecans 1/4 cup raw carob powder 1 cup raisins or dates Preparation: 1) Process all ingredients in a food processor until fine and sticky. but not liquid) 2 Tbsp. 2) If you can't get the mixture to hold together. 2) Add walnuts. Speedy Raw Cookies Ingredients: 3/4 cup raw walnuts. Raw "Chocolate Mint" Cookies Ingredients: 2 Y2 cups raw walnuts 2-3 fresh mint leaves. again until smooth. 4) Refrigerate before eating. shredded 12 dates (Medjool are best) Y2-3/4 tsp. add a few more raisins and a tablespoon of water.14. mint.VegetarianFoodPlan. raw coconut oil (It's best if it's very soft. cacao nibs Preparation: 1) Place dates in food processor and mix until smooth. remove from food processor by tablespoon-sized blobs and flatten into cookie-ish rounds. Makes approximately 15 cookies. 3) After ingredients are mixed. cinnamon. add cacao nibs and blend just until nibs are well distributed.
honey.VegetarianFoodPlan. fresh coconut butter (Optional) For Garnish: fresh strawberries. sliced Preparation: Crust 1) 2) Topping 1) 2) Blend the walnuts. © www. Pour on top of crust and decorate with fresh. and fresh coconut butter (if using) until smooth. sliced strawberries. Raw-Berry Pie Ingredients: For the crust: 2 cups almonds 1/2 cup honey For the topping: 1 cup walnuts 1/4 cup honey 1/3 cup blueberries 2 Tbsp. Blend the almonds and honey until finely chopped.com 21 .16. blueberries. Spoon into a serving dish and pack down well.
©www. Store covered in the fridge until ready to eat. made into a smooth "pecan butter" (Your food processor can do this) 30 medjool dates. 18. Raw Pecan Pie Tart Ingredients: 2 cups pecans. raw cacao powder 1/4 tsp.17. Add the "pecan butter. cinnamon 1/2 cup pecans.com 22 . chopped Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) 5) 6) 7) In food processor. salt 1 tsp. Raw Chocolate Pudding Ingredients: Meat of 2 coconuts or coconut butter 10 cashews 6 dates 4 Tbsp. Sort of "knead" in the chopped pecans until they're well distributed.VegetarianFoodPlan. process dates until smooth (or as close to smooth as you can get). pitted 1 1/2 cup shredded. Remove from food processor and place the mixture in a medium-sized bowl or onto the counter. cinnamon Water Preparation: 1) Blend all the ingredients until smooth. Press the pecan mix into a 9x9 or 8x8 inch glass pan. dried coconut 1/2 tsp." coconut. salt. and cinnamon. Process until everything is well mixed.
use a spatula to spread cookie mixture onto a dehydrator tray OR shape into balls and eat as is. Papaya Banana Pudding Ingredients: 1 cup papaya chunks (About Y2 a Hawaiian papaya. peeled and seeded) 1 banana 1-2 tsp. oranges. sea salt. cored Preparation: 1) Blend the almonds.19. and apples in a food processor until they are finely chopped.com 23 . Orange Almond Cookies Ingredients: 4 cups raw almonds. ©www. 2) When all ingredients are finely processed. orange peel.VegetarianFoodPlan. whole and peeled 2 apples. raisins. raw tahini Preparation: 1) Blend all ingredients until smooth and it’s ready to eat! 20. soaked overnight 2 cups raisins Y2 cup orange peel 2 medium oranges.
* You can eat by itself or in a lettuce leaf. salt and water. green onions 1/4 cup cilantro Y2 cup tomatoes. cumin Lettuce leaf – Romaine/Collard Green Preparation: 1) In a food processor combine and blend almonds. This keeps the fiber structure intact and helps the digestive system. Raw Scramble Ingredients: 1 cup almonds (Soaked overnight in water) 1/2 cup sunflower seeds 1/4 salt Y2 cup of water 2 Tbsp. cilantro. Oatmeal Ingredients: 3 cups water 2 cups old fashioned oatmeal 1/2 cup raisins Preparation: 1) Bring water to a boil and add oatmeal. and green onions. 2) Reduce heat and simmer for 5-10 minutes or until oats have reach your desired texture. 2) Pour into bowl and fold in chopped tomatoes.BREAKFAST RECIPES 1. ©www. sunflower seeds.com 24 . Remove from heat and let cool. 2.VegetarianFoodPlan.do not heat oats. chopped Dash of cayenne 1/4 tsp. The leaf will give the dish more crunch and texture. 3) Optional. 4) Place in water the night before and then prepare yoru breakfast the following morning as if they are cooked.
turn it no higher than 105 degrees so not to destroy the vitamins. cinnamon.com 25 . salt. of alcohol free vanilla 1 tsp. 2) Add raisins. 3) If your dehydrator has a heating gauge.VegetarianFoodPlan. ©www. minerals. 4) Add raspberries. of salt 2 Tbsp. just place it on the tray in small chunky pieces. agave nectar and Stevia. alcohol free vanilla. you can add more agave. 5) Continue to add sweetener to taste. of agave nectar Dash stevia 1/2 cup of raspberries (Fresh or frozen) Preparation: 1) Measure soaked sunflower seeds and flax seeds and pour into food processor. place in the oven on the lowest temperature possible and leave the oven open a crack or on the lowest setting until dry or about 24 hours. and blend once more about 10-15 seconds. 3) Process all ingredients except raspberries for 10-15 seconds. and essential fiber. or until ingredients are slightly mixed but still chunky.3. If you would like it sweeter. Stevia or honey. of cinnamon 2/3 cup shredded coconut (Unsweetened) 1 tsp. To dry granola: 1) Take the chunky mixture and drop it on dehydrator trays. 4) If you don’t have a dehydrator. 2) You don’t need to smooth it out. Good For You Granola Ingredients: 4 cups of soaked sunflower seeds 1 cup of soaked flax seeds 2/3 cups of raisins 1 tsp.
chopped walnuts 5 oz. raisins 8 oz. Store in a covered container in the refrigerator. Muesli Recipe Ingredients: 1 oz. rolled oats 8 oz. rolled wheat 8 oz. Store in an air-tight container. Cover and blend on high until rice is pulverized. 5. chopped sesame seeds 1 oz. Refrigerate if you have the space. Fold in ingredients with a large spoon to mix. Eat with fresh fruit and non-dairy milk. vanilla and water. agave nectar.4. Rice Milk Recipe Ingredients: 1 cup cooked brown rice 1 oz. Shake well before using. agave nectar 32 oz. chopped dried apples 1/2 cup shredded coconut 5 oz. rolled rye Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) 5) Combine all ingredients in a large wide bowl. vanilla Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) In a blender place rice.VegetarianFoodPlan. water 1 tsp. ©www.com 26 .
3) Cashew milk will last about 5 days covered in the refrigerator. agave nectar 32 oz. water 1 tsp. Cashew Milk Recipe Ingredients: 1/2 cup raw cashew pieces 3 Tbsp.6.VegetarianFoodPlan. 4) Shake well before using. ©www. only creamy. vanilla and water in high powered blender. * 1 serving is approximately 1 cup. 2) Cover and blend on high until cashews are pulverized and there are not chunks of cashew. vanilla Dash of salt to bring out the flavors Preparation: 1) Place cashews.com 27 . agave nectar.
7. Sweet Tofu Rice Pudding Ingredients: 1 cup organic brown rice, short or long 1 1/2 cups water 1 Tbsp. coconut oil 1 tsp. salt 1 cup chopped fresh/ frozen blueberries 1 1/2 cup So Delicious Coconut yogurt 1/4 cup agave nectar 1 cup tofu, firm, cut into cubes 3 Tbsp. pecans 1 tsp. cinnamon 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) 5) 6) 7) 8) Place rice, coconut oil, slat and water in pan and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer rice for 30 minutes, or until rice is soft. Make sure the rice does not dry out and burn. Fold in the tofu with 1/3 cup of coconut yogurt and cover lid. Allow to cook on medium heat for 5 minutes. Add the vanilla extract, cinnamon, cashews and agave or maple syrup. Cover with lid and allow to sit for ten minutes. Serve warm in bowl and top with fresh blueberries or fruit of your choice.
8. Apple Cinnamon Quinoa Ingredients: 1/2 cup quinoa, rinsed thoroughly, uncooked 1-1/2 cups unsweetened Almond milk 2 Tbsp. raisins 1 apple, cored and chopped 1 tsp. ground cinnamon 1-2 tsp. lemon juice 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract Preparation: 1) To thoroughly rinse quinoa, cover it with water in a mixing bowl, then rub it between the palms of your hands. Pour off the cloudy liquid through a strainer and then repeat the process two or three more times, until the rinse liquid remains clear. In a medium-sized saucepan, combine the rinsed and drained quinoa with almond milk. Bring to a slow simmer, then cover and cook for about 15 minutes until the quinoa is tender. In the blender place apple, raisins, cinnamon, vanilla extract, and lemon juice and puree. Put it in pot with quinoa and let it simmer for 5-15 minutes. Serve warm or chilled.
2) 3) 4) 5) 6)
Makes about 3 cups.
9. Quickie Breakfast Ingredients: 2 to 3 medium dried figs 1/4 cup raisins 1 medium apple 1 cup quick rolled oats 3 cups vanilla almond milk 1/4 tsp. cinnamon Dash of nutmeg Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) In a food processor, chop the apricot halves, figs, and raisins. Cut and core the apple and then add it to the dried fruit in the food processor. Chop fine. Transfer the fruit mixture to a medium-sized saucepan and add the remaining ingredients. 5) Simmer slowly, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes, or until thickened. Makes 4 servings.
10. Veggie Tofu Scramble Ingredients: 1/2 cup chopped celery 1/2 cup minced onion 1/2 cup chopped bell pepper 1 cup zucchini 1 cup chopped kale 1 1/2 tsp. chilli powder 1 tsp. cumin 16 oz. low-fat tofu, drained and crumbled 1/2 Tbsp. Himalayan salt 1/2 cup vegetable broth 1/4 tsp. pepper Preparation: 1) Heat 1/4 cup of vegetable broth, celery, onion, bell pepper, and zucchini in a skillet over medium-high heat. 2) Cook until softened. Add the remaining vegetable broth, kale, and spices. 3) Cover the pan and cook until the kale is wilted. 4) Add the crumbled tofu. Cook until firm and lightly browned. 5) Add the salt, pepper. 11. Couscous Breakfast Ingredients: 2 cups hot Almond milk 2 cups dry couscous 1/3 cup raisins, soaked in water and drained 1/3 cup dried apricots 6 pecans, raw honey, to taste (Or use agave nectar) Preparation: 1) Bring the almond milk to a boil on the stove. 2) Add the couscous to the hot almond milk and let stand 5 minutes. 3) Stir in raisins, pecans, and honey/agave nectar to taste. * A serving size is 1/3-1/2 cup cooked.
With a fork. turmeric. diced 1 Tbsp.12. diced Y2 onion.more if preferable 1/8 tsp. Sauté until the pieces are brown and crispy. black pepper Y2 bell pepper. Add the tofu mixture and stir-fry until the tofu is heated through. In a frying pan. mash it all up until there are no big chunks. tamari/soy sauce. cayenne pepper 1/8 tsp. firm tofu (Non-gmo. ©www.VegetarianFoodPlan. Add the vegetables and stir-fry until they are tender. Rapeseed oil (or other mild-flavored oil) Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) 5) 6) 7) 8) Drain the tofu. Hearty Tofu Scramble Ingredients: l lb. heat the canola oil and add the Fakin’ Bacon. turmeric 2 tsp. Cut it into pieces and put it into a small mixing bowl. cayenne and pepper. Add the nutritional yeast.com 32 . organic) 1 medium tomato 2 Tbsp. nutritional yeast Y2 tsp. Makes 4 servings. low sodium tamari or nama shoyu sauce.
4) Stir in salsa and simmer for 5 minutes more. Breakfast Black Eyed Peas Ingredients: 1/2 large red onion. chopped 1/2 yellow pepper. ©www. 5) Warm tortillas and roll up some of the black-eyed peas mixture into each one. saute the onion. and peppers in vegetable broth until soft. 2) Stir in black-eyed peas and cook on medium heat until vegetables are cooked through.VegetarianFoodPlan. garlic. 6) Serve as is or with extra salsa. hot pepper (Jalepeno) 1 large green pepper.13. 3) Stir occasionally to keep from burning.com 33 . diced small 1/4 cup salsa 1/4 cup vegetable broth or 1 Tbsp. minced garlic 1 can black-eyed peas. nama shoyu and 1/4 cup water 1 package of whole wheat tortillas Preparation: 1) In a nonstick pan. chopped 1 tsp. chopped 1/2 tsp. drained 2-3 Roma tomatoes. tomatoes.
nama shoyu or tamari (Adds salty flavor) Dash of cayenne. South Western Breakfast Burrito Ingredients: 1-2 low carb tortillas 1/3.14. chopped onion Spaghetti squash salad Salsa Dash of nutritional yeast Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) 5) 6) 7) 8) 9) 10) Sauté garlic and onions in a little broth. Roll it up like a burrito. and water. and spices. Enjoy!! Makes 1 serving. ©www. paprika. Warm the tortillas. Sprinkle with nutritional yeast. Add spaghetti squash salad. Saute until fully incorporated into tofu mixture and warmed thoroughly.VegetarianFoodPlan. Saute until lightly browned.1/2 cup firm tofu. Add crumbled tofu. crushed 3 Tbsp. Spoon the scrambled tofu/squash mixture in a line down the center of the tortilla.com 34 . turmeric 1 clove fresh garlic. crumbled 1 Tbsp. Add salsa. cumin. or you can serve it on the top. tamari .
diced Preparation: 1) Warm the beans and separately scramble the egg whites or tofu mix in a non stick pan.15.com 35 . ©www. spreading out the beans to cover the whole tortilla. vegan cheese 4 Tbsp. 4) Cover each tortilla with the black beans. can of black beans 2 fat free/low fat flour tortillas 1 cup of salsa Diced green chillies 2 Tbsp. Makes 2 servings. diced 3 Tbsp. 2) Warm tortillas in oven using a very low temperature so that the tortillas warm all the way through and are still soft (not until they dry out and become crunchy). 5) Top the beans with salsa that you've either warmed upon the stove top. 3) Take the warmed tortillas and place each one flat on a separate plate. Huevos Rancheros Ingredients: 6 egg whites OR enough scrambled tofu mix to serve two 1 15oz. onions. tomatoes. or top the beans with the salsa and place the plates in a microwave oven and heat for 1 to 2 minutes on high.VegetarianFoodPlan. 6) Top the salsa with the scrambled egg whites or scrambled tofu.
cinnamon. 5) Add chopped apple. Or make one serving by boiling 1/4 cup of cereal. 3) You can store leftovers in the refrigerator. and raisins and almond milk. nutmeg.VegetarianFoodPlan. Multi Grain Breakfast Ingredients: 1/2 cup whole wheat berries 1/2 cup whole rye berries 1/2 cup oat groats or rolled oat 1/2 cup whole triticale 1/2 cup whole barley 1/2 cup buckwheat groats 1/3 cup sesame seeds 1/3 cup flaxseed Preparation: 1) Combine all ingredients dry and store until you decide to prepare breakfast.16. ©www. bringing it to boil.com 36 . 4) Warm up when you want. measure 2 cups of cereal to 5 cups of water. 2) When ready to cook.
VegetarianFoodPlan. 3) Add the dried fruit. strain water off grains. ©www. put grains and cinnamon in a large bowl or pot. cover and let set overnight. the soy milk and 3 cups water and bring to a simmer on the stove. add water 1 inch above grains. Winter Grain Cereal Ingredients: 2/3 cups steel cut oats 1/3 cup pearl barley 2 Tbsp. 6) This is also really good with dried apricots or with fresh chopped apples. 2) In the AM. raisins 1/3 cup date pieces Dash or three of cinnamon 3 cups water 1 cup unsweetened Almond milk Molasses or Stevia to taste Preparation: 1) The night before. Makes 3-4 servings.com 37 .17. 5) Remove from heat and let stand covered for 5 minutes. 4) Reduce to a bare simmer and stir occasionally for 10 minutes or so.
Tofu-Breakfast Pancakes Ingredients: 2 cups whole wheat flour 1 package silken Mori-Nu low fat tofu (1 gm/3 oz) 1 large apple 1 tsp. Serve with fat free maple syrup.18. Be sure to add more soy milk or water to keep the batter from getting too thick as it sits. Try to use a cover to steam the pancakes as much as fry them. jam or jelly. vanilla Dash of salt 2 tsp. Reduce the heat as you do subsequent batches. except for the Cinnamon and blueberries. ©www.com 38 .VegetarianFoodPlan. as it reduces the amount of Pam you need to fry them. or they will tend to stick. fat substitute (Sunsweet Lighter Bake) 1 to 2 cups Almond milk 1 cup blueberries Powdered cinnamon for topping while cooking Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) 5) 6) Just put all the ingredients in a food processor. Fry in a non-stick pan sprayed with Pam.
or yeast.com 39 .VegetarianFoodPlan. ©www. Add the oats and fruit and simmer for another 15 minutes. cinnamon. Variations – try adding vanilla. Boil and then simmer the quinoa in water and mollasses for ten minutes. Quinoa Breakfast Ingredients: 1/2 cup water 1/4 cup quinoa 1/4 cup steel cut oats 1/4 cup peaches Dash of cinnamon and nutmeg Dash of Himalayan salt 1 Tbsp. Makes 1 large serving OR 2 small servings.19. nut. blackstrap molasses or raw honey Currants or raisins to taste Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) Rinse the grains.
salt and baking soda. vanilla extract 1/2 cup shredded coconut 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds 1/2 cup sunflower seed 1/4 cup slivered almond 1/4 cup raisins Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) 5) 6) In a small bowl. combine almond flour. combine grapeseed oil. ©www.com 40 .20. wetting your hands with water to help pat the dough down evenly. agave and vanilla. Grease an 8x8 baking dish with grapeseed oil. Makes 12-16 bars. almond slivers and raisins. In a large bowl. sunflower seeds. Press the dough into the baking dish. Stir dry ingredients into wet. Tropical Breakfast Bars Ingredients: 1 1/4 cups blanched almond flour 1/4 teaspoon Celtic sea salt 1/4 teaspoon baking soda 1/4 cup Grapeseed oil 1/4 cup agave nectar 1 tsp. 8) Serve. 7) Bake at 350° for 20 minutes. pumpkin seeds.VegetarianFoodPlan. Mix in coconut.
cut into 1/4 “ slices 2 medium Belgian endive. 3) Place all vegetables in bowel and toss with salad dressing.VegetarianFoodPlan. flaxseed oil 2 large ripe avocados 1 cup non-fat plain yogurt 1 medium shallot 2 Tbsp. cut into 1/4 “ slices 1 medium red bell pepper. flat-leaf parsley 1 Tbsp. cut into 1/4 “ slices 1 medium orange bell pepper. julienned 1/3 cup sunflower seeds. chopped optional 3 Tbsp.com 41 . julienned 1 medium jicama. ©www. Rainbow Salad Ingredients: 1 medium red onion 1 medium green bell pepper.LUNCH RECIPES 1. julienned 1 medium yellow squash or zucchini. fresh tarragon. cut into 1/4 “ slices in a diagonal 1 large hothouse cucumber. raw Dressing: 2 Tbsp. 2) Add a little water or more vinegar if necessary to thin. vinegar Salt and pepper Dash of honey to balance out the flavour Preparation: 1) Combine all dressing ingredients in a food processor or blender and blend until smooth.
minced 1 Tbsp. Preheat the oven to 375°F. Make a marinade by whisking together 3 tablespoons of the orange juice. making nine equal slices. Tofu Apple Spring Rolls The Wonders of Rice Paper: Rice paper wrappers are a fantastic alternative to bread for the gluten-intolerant. Toss the apple slices with the remaining tablespoon of orange juice to keep them from browning.com 42 . Press the tofu for 30 minutes. then turn the tofu block on its side and cut into thirds again. until it is golden brown and the marinade is absorbed. Ingredients: 1 pound firm tofu 4 Tbsp. soy sauce 1 Tbsp. some Napa cabbage. Peel. freshly squeezed orange juice 1 Tbsp. Cut the tofu into three slices lengthwise. the mirin. and scallions in a mound just below the center of the wrapper. Put another plate on top and weigh it down with something heavy. Stir in the garlic. Bake the tofu and marinade for 40 minutes. folding in the sides along the way. ginger.2. canola oil 2 garlic cloves. Serve or pack each roll wrapped in a lettuce leaf (this will keep the spring roll from sticking to the plate). Roll up the rice paper to form a tight bundle. Look for them in packages at Asian markets.VegetarianFoodPlan. mirin (Sweet Japanese cooking wine) 1 Tbsp. 4) 5) 6) 7) ©www. washed and patted dry Add grated lime for zest Preparation: 1) 2) 3) Wrap the tofu in a kitchen towel and set it on a plate. or until softened. and thinly slice the Granny Smith apple. Arrange a slice of tofu along with some apple slices. cover the rolls with a damp paper towel and some plastic wrap to keep them from drying out. minced ginger A pinch of cayenne 1 Granny Smith apple 9 (8-inch diameter) dried rice paper wrappers 18 fresh cilantro stems 1 cup finely shredded Napa cabbage 1 bunch scallions. 2 sprigs of cilantro. Place the slices in an 8×8-inch baking dish and pour the marinade over the top. sliced 9 large leaf or butterhead lettuce leaves. and cayenne. Dip one of the wrappers in a wide bowl filled with warm water for 15 seconds. Transfer to a dry work surface and pat dry. then turn the slices over and let sit for another 30 minutes. soy sauce. Set aside to cool. core. Let the tofu sit for 30 minutes. and canola oil. If packing for later.
about 10 minutes. pouring finished soup into a clean saucepan or soup tureen (you may wish to strain the soup as you do this to remove any remaining skin or seeds. bag) 1/2 tsp. 3) Warm the rest of the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Carefully pour in all the tomatoes and their juices. then arrange them cut side up. Roasted Tomato Basil Soup Ingredients: 6–6 1/2 pounds plum tomatoes. depending on the strength of your blender).VegetarianFoodPlan. chopped 1 large garlic clove. thyme. Add the onion and sauté until soft and slightly golden. Drizzle the tomatoes with 1/4 cup olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Place in oven and roast the tomatoes for 50 minutes. Add garlic and pepper flakes and sauté for one more minute. 4) Blend the soup in batches in the blender. dried thyme Preparation: 1) Preheat the oven to 400°F. ©www. Simmer for 15 minutes. cut in half lengthwise (About 35) 1/4 cup plus 1 Tbsp. sea salt 1/2 a medium onion. Add the basil. Remove pan from the oven and set aside. with crackers or chunks of store-bought artisan-style bread. and 1 cup water (you may need to add an extra cup if the tomatoes are on the dry side). extra virgin olive oil 1 Tbsp. 2) Arrange the cut tomatoes on a large (10×16-inch) baking sheet. red pepper flakes (Optional) 2 cups fresh whole basil leaves (one 2 oz. they should fill the pan completely.3. minced 1 tsp. 5) Serve piping hot. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly. Toss with your hands until the tomatoes are evenly coated with oil.com 43 .
until the beans are tender. give the chilli a stir or two during the day to ensure even cooking. paprika. If you are around. Add the garlic. oregano. then cover with a generous amount of water. 5) When the chili is done. and navy beans in a mixing bowl. 3) Scrape the onion and spice mixture into the insert of a medium-size (2. ©www. dried oregano A pinch of cayenne 1/2 cup uncooked lentils (Black. beef-style texturized vegan protein (TVP) 1 (6-ounce) can salt-free tomato paste 1 tsp. brown. ground cumin 1 1/2 tsp. 2) Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. minced 1 tsp. When the oil is hot. stirring constantly. chopped 1 garlic clove. Let the beans soak for several hours or overnight. cumin. or crimson are all fine here. add the onion and bell pepper and sauté until the onion is translucent and soft. Add 5 cups of boiling water and stir until everything is combined and there are no lumps of tomato paste. about 5 minutes. 4) Cover the slow cooker and cook on high for 5 hours or on low for 8 hours. and tomato paste. just not red) 1 cup dried. extra virgin olive oil 1 onion. for another 2 minutes. Drain the dry beans and add them to the slow cooker along with the lentils. stir in the salt and pepper to taste and serve hot. dried thyme 1/2 tsp.com 44 . paprika 1/2 tsp. sea salt (Or to taste) Freshly ground black pepper Preparation: 1) Combine the black beans. Chili Con "Carne" Ingredients: 1/2 cup dried black beans 1/2 cup dried pinto beans 1/2 cup dried navy beans 1 Tbsp. and cayenne and sauté. pinto beans.VegetarianFoodPlan. dried sage 1 tsp.4. finely chopped 1/2 a green or red bell pepper. thyme. or until the garlic is soft and the spices are fragrant. TVP. Rinse and drain the beans.5 to 3 quarts) slow cooker. sage.
until just tender. Drain and allow to cool. diced 1 -2 tomatoes.5.com 45 . drained and chopped 1 purple onion. ©www. diced 1 red or yellow bell pepper. Toss again before serving. 4) Allow to marinate in the refrigerator at least one hour before serving. toss together the pasta.VegetarianFoodPlan. diced 1/3 cup sliced black olives 2 Tbsp. can green beans. 2) Lightly steam the broccoli. chopped fresh basil 1 cup fat-free vegan Italian salad dressing Sea salt and pepper to taste Preparation: 1) Cook the pasta according to package directions in salted water. diced 1 12 oz. chopped small 1 12 ounce can water-packed artichoke hearts. broccoli and remaining ingredients and season to taste with salt and pepper. Italian Pasta Salad Ingredients: 1 1/2 cups bowtie or corkscrew pasta 1 cup broccoli. 3) In a large bowl.
©www. onion and spices. combine the split peas. Curried Split Pea and Potato Soup Ingredients: 16 oz. 2) Stir in the carrots. pepper 1/2 tsp. dried 10 cups water 1 onion. for 1 hour. dried oregano 1 tsp. chopped Preparation: 1) In a large saucepan. Simmer. Simmer. water. chopped 3 medium potatoes. or until the soup reaches desired thickness. for an additional 45 minutes. green split peas.VegetarianFoodPlan. salt 1 bay leaf 2 large carrots. covered.6. Reheat before serving. chopped 2 stalks celery. 3) Puree in a blender or food processor. uncovered. stirring occasionally. Remove bay leaf.com 46 . garlic powder 1 tsp. curry powder 1/2 tsp. chopped 1 tsp. potatoes and celery.
you may wish to finely cube the tofu). firm Y2 cup eggless mayonnaise (Nasoya Nayonnaise is my favorite!) 2 red bell peppers. or as a side salad. finely shredded 3 Tbsp. garlic powder Black pepper.VegetarianFoodPlan. mash tofu with a fork or potato masher (alternatively. to taste Add dill to taste Preparation: 1) 2) 3) In a large bowl. chopped finely 4 scallions (White and green parts).com 47 . chopped fresh parsley 2 stalks celery. Add remaining ingredients and mix well. pickle relish 1 Y2 Tbsp. chopped finely 1 small carrot. finely chopped 1 tsp. ©www. served on crackers.6. Raw Eggless Egg Salad Ingredients: 1 Y2 pounds tofu. turmeric 4 tsp. sea salt 1 Y2 tsp. The resulting savory treat is wonderful as a sandwich spread. onion granules 1/4 tsp. prepared mustard 1 Y2 tsp.
peeled and chopped (Or one 16-ounce can diced tomatoes) 1 can kidney beans. Tres Bean Chilli Ingredients: 1 orange bell pepper. drained and rinsed 1 can corn. and all the beans. and stir in the cilantro or parsley. seeded and cut into 1/2-squares 1 red bell pepper. 6) Serve in shallow bowls. dried oregano 2 Tbsp. oregano. This is to replace the oil that is often used for sautéing.VegetarianFoodPlan. thawed) Salt and freshly ground pepper. and bring to a boil. chili powder 3 medium tomatoes. drained and rinsed 1 can pinto beans. coarsely chopped 2-3 cloves garlic. seeded and cut into 1/2-squares 1 yellow bell pepper. coriander. to taste Water or tomato juice as needed 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves or fresh parsley (Optional) Squeeze lime juice to taste (Optional) Preparation: 1) Heat up the few tablespoons of water in a heavy 4-quart saucepan over medium heat. onion. for 5 minutes. Add a little water as needed. cayenne pepper 1 tsp. the canned corn. 3) Stir in the tomatoes.com 48 . chili powder. 5) Season with salt and black pepper. ©www. cayenne. and cook. garlic. ground coriander 1 tsp. ground cumin 1 tsp. seeded and cut into 1/2-squares 1 yellow onion. finely chopped 3-4 Tbsp. drained and rinsed 1 can black beans. adding water or tomato juice as needed if too much liquid evaporates. stirring. drained (Or 1-1/2 cups frozen corn.8. 2) Add the bell peppers. 4) Lower the heat and simmer for 30 minutes. water for sautéing 1/4 tsp. and cumin.
©www. and liquid smoke flavor. or omit both. pinto beans. and green chilies. liquid smoke flavouring Preparation: 1) In a medium-small wide bowl.com 49 . you will need 2 15 oz. 3) Add water if needed. or flax crackers. * If you want to use canned beans.VegetarianFoodPlan. raw pumpkin seeds 16 oz. 2) Add chili powder. sea salt 1/4 tsp. weigh pumpkin seeds. cans. Mexican Bean Spread Ingredients: 1/2 oz. chili powder 1/4 tsp. 4) Serve with raw veggies or baked tortilla chips. Transfer them to a food processor. * You can use pine nuts instead of pumpkin seeds. salt. diced green chillies 1 tsp. rinsed and drained. cooked pinto beans 4 oz.9. Process until almost smooth.
3) Add juice of one large pink grapefruit. by hand or with the food processor. ©www. each salt. Raw Vegan Ceviche Ingredients: 1 cup corn (Do not cut it up. black pepper. The pieces should be about the size of a corn kernel.VegetarianFoodPlan. 4) Stir well keep covered in the fridge 4-6 hours or more. cumin and paprika.com 50 . 2) Put all chopped veggies in a large bowl and add: 1/2 tsp. just put it in the bowl) 1 cup butternut squash 1 cup cauliflower 1/2 of a red bell pepper with seeds removed 2 Roma tomatoes 1 Carrot 1 Plum 2 Celery stalks 1 Onion 3 Garlic cloves 1 Larger grapefruit Preparation : 1) Cut each vegetable or fruit.10. in to very small pieces.
©www. 3) Dehydrate at 145F. salt 1 Tbsp. dry dill 1 tsp. 2) Mix well and form 1/4 cup balls.11. gently turning every two hours or so until they start to get crispy on the outside. Makes about 15 balls. chopped about a cup 1/2 cup celery leaf (Or parsley/cilantro) 1 Roma tomato 1/2 cup olives 1 Tbsp.com 51 .VegetarianFoodPlan. Raw Vegan Falafel Ingredients: 1 cup sunflower seeds 1 Tbsp. nutritional yeast (Optional) 1/2 tsp. cumin 1 tsp. curry A squeeze of lemon Preparation: 1) Place all ingredients in food processor until it turns into a paste. sesame seeds 1/2 cup corn kernels (Fresh/frozen) 1 large clove of garlic 1 small onion.
basil. Then you put some of the cabbage mix on the leaf. about 1/4 inch (1 cm) thick. mix the almond butter dressing with the cabbage. The best and easiest way is to do this with you hands or a large wooden spoon. a few sticks of carrot. In a blender.com 52 . ginger. and soy sauce. you might need to stick a cocktail stick in it to hold. Add the almond butter and blend at low speed to combine. Cut the Mango lenthwise into strips. a few pieces of mango. Roll it up and the spinach leaf. Place the collard leaf on a cutting board with the underside facing up. shredded 6 large collard green leaves or for a more mild flavor. (You may add water if it needs to be thinner) In a bowl. Do this for all the other spinach leafs until the ingredients are gone.12. and a few leafs of cilantro and. You should get a rather thick consistency.redchilli1Tbsp. Add some hemp seeds. Raw Lettuce Wraps Ingredients: 1/2 cup hemp seed 1/2 cup lemon juice 1 1/2 Tbsp.VegetarianFoodPlan. puree the honey.nam ashoyusauce 1 cup raw almond butter 1/2 head Savoy cabbage. chopped ginger 1/4 cup green onions sliced 1/2Tbsp. 3) 4) 5) ©www. lemon juice. romaine leaves 1 carrot 1 ripe mango 1 handful cilantro leaves 1 handful torn basil leaves Himalayan sea salt Preparation: 1) 2) Cut the carrot into matchstick-size pieces. red chili.
unpasteurized miso paste 1 can or 15 oz. ©www. Simple Carrot-Bean Soup Ingredients: 3 cups water 1 Tbsp. olive oil Preparation: 1) Put water.com 53 . chopped 1-1/2 cups frozen peas/carrots/corn (Any or all) 1 tsp. garlic powder 1 tsp. crushed red pepper 1 tsp. navy beans 1/2 large onion 4 medium carrots. tarragon leaf 1 tsp. miso paste. and oil. Simmer for 5 minutes. and carrots into a pot. 3) Simmer for 10 minutes. cumin seed Salt to taste 1/2 tsp. garam masala 1/2 tsp.VegetarianFoodPlan.13. coriander 2 Tbsp. 2) Add beans. frozen veggies. spices. onion. fenugreek powder 1/4 tsp.
ground cumin 1 tsp. ©www. deseeded and diced 1 Tbsp. garlic. rinsed and drained 1 1/2 cups tomatoes diced 1/2 cup vegetable stock or water Lemon juice to taste Preparation: 1) Sauté all ingredients in skillet for 10-5 minutes or until vegetables are tender. quartered lengthwise and sliced 1 can or 15 oz. minced in garlic press 2 tsp. Curried Vegetable and Chickpea Stew Ingredients: 2 cups onion. diced 2 cups zucchini.14.VegetarianFoodPlan. ground black pepper 3 cups sweet potato. sea salt 1 tsp. deseeded and diced 1 cup red bell pepper. ground coriander Dash of cinnamon 3 tsp. chickpeas.com 54 . curry powder 2 tsp. olive oil 2 Tbsp. diced 1 cup green bell pepper.
Dijon mustard 6 sesame seed hamburger buns. spread over cut sides of buns. cover and pulse until blended. Place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. curry powder Tomato sliced 1/2 tsp. Makes 6 servings. Serve patties on buns with lettuce and tomato or wrap in lettuce leaf and reserved onion mixture. split or whole romaine lettuce leaves 6 lettuce leaves Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) 5) 6) 7) 8) In a small bowl. Chickpea Burgers Ingredients: 1 large red onion. In a food processor. Shape into six patties. Combine mayonnaise and mustard. walnuts. wheat germ and parsley. combine the chickpeas.VegetarianFoodPlan. rinsed and drained 1/3 cup chopped walnuts 1/4 cup toasted wheat germ 1/4 cup packed fresh parsley sprigs 2 eggs 1 tsp.com 55 . Bake at 375° for 10-15 minutes or until firm. pepper 1/3 cup vegan mayonnaise 2 tsp. ©www. set aside. cover and process until smooth. each) chickpeas or garbanzo beans.15. thinly sliced 1/4 cup fat-free red wine vinaigrette 2 cans (15 oz. combine onion and vinaigrette. curry and pepper. Add the eggs.
reserve them to roast if you’d like.VegetarianFoodPlan. 4) Scoop out the seeds. and pepper among the halves and use a fork to fluff and incorporate mixture into squash. 6) E n j o y ! ©www. 2) Place the whole squash on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or foil and roast for 40-45 minutes. salt. 5) Divide the juice. all spice Dash of cinnamon (Optional) Salt and pepper Preparation: 1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. allow to cool for 10 minutes. then cut in half horizontally. 3) Remove from the oven. or until tender. all spice. or delicate squash 1/3 cup pineapple juice 1 Tbsp. Acorn Squash with Pineapple Ingredients: 2 medium acorn. extra virgin olive oil 1/4 tsp.com 56 . oil.16. butternut.
Makes 4 servings. salsa.) black beans.17. rinsed and drained 4 low carb tortillas (6 inches). Fold in half. cheese and sour cream. Add beans. ©www. Black Bean Fajitas Ingredients: 1/2 cup each julienned sweet yellow pepper and red pepper 1 cup red onions julienned 1 can (15 oz.VegetarianFoodPlan. seeded and chopped 1/2 cup salsa 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese or vegan cheese 1/4 cup fat-free plain yogurt Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) Saute yellow and red pepper in a pan.com 57 . top with tomato. warmed or lettuce leaf for wrap 1 medium tomato. cover and cook 1 minute longer or until heated through. Spoon 1/2 cupful down the center of each tortilla.
18. cold pressed olive oil Preparation: 1) Blend all ingredients until smooth. unpasteurized barley miso Y2 tsp. Raw Creamed Spinach Soup Ingredients: Y2 head spinach leaves Y2 cucumber. lemon juice 1 Tbsp. freshly cracked pepper Dash chili powder 1 Tbsp.com 58 . peeled 1/4 cup water 1 avocado 1 clove garlic 1 cup tomato 1 Tbsp. salt Y2 tsp. ©www.VegetarianFoodPlan.
Add washed lentils and cover mixture with water. garam masala 1/2 tsp. seeded. Kick-it-up Spicy Curry Lentils Ingredients: 12 oz. turmeric 1 tsp. red lentils (dry) 1 tsp. onion. Simmer over low heat for about 25 minutes. salt Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) 5) 6) 7) Heat oil in skillet. chopped 2 Tbsp. spinach. cored and diced 2 cups of spinach 1 cup tomatoes. ©www. Add chiles. and cayenne. Add salt just before serving. ginger root. tomatoes and coriander. Add garlic. cumin. Makes 4 servings. and turmeric and sauté until the onion is transparent. cumin powder 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper 3 Anaheim chiles roasted.com 59 . masala.19.VegetarianFoodPlan. minced 1 medium onion. Add ginger root. diced and crushed 2 cloves garlic. diced 1 tsp. fresh coriander 1 tsp.
VegetarianFoodPlan. ©www. 2) Add remaining ingredients and mix well. finely minced 1-2 Tbsp. 3) Can have as a side dish or on vegetables or salad. Mock Tuna Salad Ingredients: 1 cup garbanzo beans (Canned or pre-cooked) 1 stalk celery. kelp flakes (Gives it a fishy flavor) Vegan mayonaise Salt and pepper to taste Preparation: 1) Mash the garbanzo beans.20.com 60 . chopped 1/2 small onion.
com 61 . roasted bell peppers 1 clove minced garlic 1/3 cup flat leaf parsley. rough chop the parsley. cooked 1 pound green peas. cooked 1 3/4 cup or 15 oz. mustard. garbanzo beans. dried basil Salt and pepper Preparation: 1) Whisk together the orange zest and juice. and add to the salad. oil. cooked 1 3/4 cup or 15 oz. 4) Drain and rinse the beans and add along with the peas. balsamic vinegar 1 Tbsp. Zesty 3 Bean Salad Ingredients: 1 3/4 cup or 15 oz. 5) Stir and serve chilled. zest and juice 2 Tbsp. dried oregano 1/2 tsp.21. thawed 1 large orange. salt and pepper in a large bowl.VegetarianFoodPlan. diced 1 medium hothouse cucumber 15 oz. 2) Dice the onion. and roasted bell peppers and add to the bowel. 3) Mince the garlic. cucumber. ©www. black beans. vinegar. agave nectar or honey 1/2 tsp. roughly chopped 3 Tbsp. pinto beans. extra virgin olive oil 1 medium red onion. * You can use other beans and it will be very tasty. Dijon mustard 2 Tbsp.
6) Add salt and pepper to taste. Ingredients: 2 cups green split peas. dried marjoram 1 tsp. such as stones or residue. dried basil 1/2 tsp. packed with protein. Heat should be low-medium. checking for any impurities. with the split peas quite broken down and mushy.com 62 . Split Pea Soup This wonderful soup is filling. Cover loosely and cook until peas are tender. and serve hot. Place all ingredients except salt and pepper in a soup pot. diced 2 or 3 garlic cloves. Makes 4 to 6 servings. dried parsley 1/4 tsp. A crock pot works very well for making this soup and cook for 6-8 hours. black pepper Salt and pepper. and freezes well. dry uncooked 6 to 7 cups water or vegetable stock 1 medium-size yellow onion. 1 hour or longer. brimming with fiber. pressed or minced 2 carrots. low in calories and fat. Make sure there’s enough water.22.VegetarianFoodPlan. ground mustard 1/4 tsp. and bring to a simmer. to taste Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) Rinse split peas. 7) Can make creamy by blending in food processor. ©www. Check occasionally to make sure water has not completely evaporated. diced 2 celery stalks. 5) The resulting soup should be thick and creamy. diced 1 tsp.
green onion thinly sliced 1/2” ginger. and stir to coat. minced maybe you can use garlic press 1 lime 1 Tbsp. and continue cooking for 20 to 30 minutes. or to taste 1 lb. Cover. ©www.com 63 . Garlic Ginger Tofu Ingredients: 3 Tbsp. Stir in garlic and ginger. and cook for 1 minute.DINNER RECIPES 1. Rapeseed oil 4 cloves garlic. Add tofu to the pan with soy sauce. soy sauce. firm tofu Preparation 1) 2) 3) : Heat oil in a wok or frying pan over medium heat. minced or in garlic press 2 Tbsp.VegetarianFoodPlan. Squeeze lime juice and sprinkle green onion over tofu before serving.
whisking to combine. white wine vinegar 1/2 tsp. tossing gently to coat. 4) Cut into 2-inch pieces. Steamed Green Beans with Tomato-Garlic Vinaigrette Ingredients: 1 Tbsp. 3) Steam beans. extra virgin olive oil 1/2 cup seeded chopped tomato 1 tsp chopped fresh thyme 16 oz. ©www.VegetarianFoodPlan. or 1 pound green beans. 7 minutes or until crisp-tender. let stand 10 minutes.2. trimmed Preparation: 1) Combine first 5 ingredients in a medium bowl.com 64 . covered. add to tomato mixture. salt 1/8 tsp. freshly ground black pepper Garlic cloves. crushed and minced 1 Tbsp. slowly add oil. Dijon mustard 1/4 tsp. 2) Stir in tomato and thyme.
green onions. Rapeseed oil 2 tsp. 2) Fry for about 5 minutes or until browned. divided 1 cup whole water chestnuts. drained and sliced 2 Tbsp. pressed in garlic press 2 tsp. rapeseed oil in pan and add cubed tofu. nama shoyu and ginger in water and remaining oil for several minutes. 4) Add chestnuts. 3) Stir fry mushrooms. green onions 2 tsp. fresh garlic. minced in garlic press 1/2 cup fresh shiitake mushrooms. tofu. green beans.3. and sesame seeds and sauté 2-4 more minutes. ©www. fresh ginger. nama shoyu 3 Tbsp.com 65 . 5) Serve with or without rice. cubed 1” 1 tsp. sesame oil. stems removed 1 cup fresh snow peas 1 cup water Preparation: 1) Heat 1 tsp.VegetarianFoodPlan. garlic. Vegetable N’ Braised Tofu Ingredients: 1 pound tofu firm silken style (Organic and non-gmo).
4) Dip each mushroom in marinade and place on hot grill. and tamari. 3) In a small bowl. vegan cheese as toppings. cleaned and dried Whole grain buns or rolls Lettuce. 2) Food process. olive oil 2 Tbsp. minced garlic 1 cup vegan mayonnaise 3 Tbsp.com 66 . of bragg liquid aminos 6 Portobello mushrooms. balsamic vinegar. Grill for 5 minutes and flip with tongs. and process for 1 minute. ©www. Grill an additional 4 to 5 minutes or until tender. garlic. or sun dried tomatoes in olive oil are ready to go. nama shoyu. balsamic vinegar 2 Tbsp. tomato slices. combine sun dried tomatoes and water. Preparation: 1) Rehydrate sun dried tomatoes in warm water for 15 min.VegetarianFoodPlan. onion slices. whisk together remaining chopped basil and garlic. chopped basil. Portobello Mushroom Burgers with Sun dried Tomato Aioli Ingredients: 6 sun-dried tomatoes or in olive oil 1/4 cup hot water 2-3 cup chopped fresh basil 2 Tbsp.4. 5) Serve on toasted bun with fresh vegetables on top and sun dried tomato aioli. Set aside. olive oil. and vegan mayonnaise. tamari.
diced 1 3/4 cup or 15 oz. or blend beans and onion into a puree. Prepare toppings. ©www. Add spices.com 67 . black beans 2 Tbsp. cayenne pepper Black pepper. Mash. cubed 1 avocado. Use a leaf of lettuce or tortillas to wrap up the bean. apple cider vinegar Spices: 1 clove of garlic. cumin 1 tsp. Add apple cider vinegar. pinch Toppings: 1 tomato. food process. minced 1/4 . Remove from heat and cover.5.VegetarianFoodPlan. onion. Burrito of Black Beans Ingredients: 1 Tbsp. peeled and cubed Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) 5) 6) Strain and rinse black beans.1/2 tsp.
sea salt 1/4 tsp. Garden Patch Gazpacho Ingredients: 2 cups tomato vegetable juice low sodium 1 cup tomatoes. diced Y2 cup carrots 1 cup cucumber.VegetarianFoodPlan. 2) To speed up the chopping process. halved and thinly sliced 1/4 cup green onions.6. 3) Cover and chill in refrigerator for 1-2 hours to allow flavors to blend. deseeded and diced 1/3 cup red onions. diced 1/4 cup radishes. fresh lime juice or apple cider vinegar 1 Tbsp. garlic. ground cumin 1-2 tsp. deseeded and diced 2 Tbsp.com 68 . diced 1/3 celery. ©www. minced 1 tsp. thinly sliced 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley 1 jalapeno pepper. chilli powder Y2 tsp. ground pepper Hot red pepper optional Preparation: 1) Combine all ingredients and stir well. olive oil 1 Tbsp. put all vegetables slightly chopped in food processor and pulse until soup has reached desired chunkiness. diced 2/3 bell peppers and color.
7. black beans. then top with steamed broccoli and black-bean sauce. steam broccoli over boiling water for about 5 minutes. then slice it into 1/2-inch thick rounds. cooked and drained 1/2 cup roasted red pepper 2 Tbsp.com 69 . Broccoli Smothered in Black Bean Sauce Ingredients: 1 large bunch broccoli 4 cups boiling water 2 cups kasha (Use buckwheat groats for a milder flavor) 1/2 tsp. ©www. lemon juice 2 Tbsp. salt 1 1/2 oz. Peel the stem with a sharp knife. 4) Just before you are ready to eat. 2) Place kasha and salt into the water in a large saucepan. Cut or break the tops into bite-sized florets. ground coriander 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro Preparation: 1) Cut off broccoli stems. ground cumin 1/4 tsp. chili powder 1/4 tsp. Cover and simmer for about 10 minutes. sundried tomatoes in oil 1/4 cup chopped onion 1 3/4 cup or 15 oz. tahini (Sesame seed butter) 1/2 tsp. combine and purée all the remaining ingredients in a food processor or blender. or until it is bright green and just tender. 3) While kasha is cooking. 5) Place a small portion of kasha on each serving plate. Set aside. or until all the liquid has been absorbed.VegetarianFoodPlan.
Use water in pan if you need more liquid to sauté. ©www. or other seasoning mix Olive oil Risotto.VegetarianFoodPlan. cut into chunks 1 red bell pepper. or pasta Preparation: 1) 2) Sauté the vegetables and mix in tofu cubes. seeded and cut into large pieces 2 cups small mushrooms 2 tomatoes. polenta. or pasta. or scallop) 1 onion. cubed 1/2 pound very firm tofu. Spread the cooked vegetables over Risotto.com 70 . Spike. Polenta.8. crookneck. Schilling Garlic and Herb. Zesty Tofu and Vegetables Ingredients: 2 to 3 cups cubed summer squash (Zucchini. and top with fresh tomato wedges. cut into 1-inch cubes 1 Tbsp.
com 71 .VegetarianFoodPlan. white northern or pinto beans. black beans. Stir all of the spices into the skillet. If the onion starts to brown too quickly. using a can of diced tomatoes instead of the chopped whole tomatoes does not come out as well. cooked 1 3/4 cups or 15 oz. cooked 1 3/4 cups or 15 oz. chili powder 1 jalapeno (Optional) seeded and chopped 1 tsp. turn down the heat on the skillet and add a little water to slow things down. Add all remaining ingredients and bring to a mild boil. ©www. coarsely chopped 1 cup onion. 3 Bean Bonanza Chili Ingredients: 2 Tbsp. basil leaf 2 tsp. and add the green pepper and onion.9. the more the flavors will blend (up to about an hour). salt 1/2 tsp. and put them (including the juice) into a dish. stirring often while you do the next few steps. seasoned (or black) pepper 1 3/4 cup or 15 oz. oregano 1 tsp. but do not let them get brown. For some reason. garlic powder 1 tsp. Cook for at least 5 minutes. sugar 1/2 tsp. red kidney beans. chopped 2 1/2 cups whole tomatoes. Garnish with fresh chopped onion and shredded cheese if desired. Cut the whole tomatoes into small pieces. chopped 1 cup vegetable broth 4 tsp. olive oil 1 green pepper. cooked Preparation (Makes 6 servings): 1) 2) 3) 4) 5) 6) 7) 8) Heat the olive oil in a large skillet on medium heat. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook for at least 30 minutes. The longer you cook the chili. ground cumin seed 1 tsp. Drain and rinse the beans.
©www.com 72 . cooked and removed from shell 1/4 cup carrots. black beans 1/4 cup green bell peppers 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds. grated 1/4 cup fresh mushrooms 1/4 cup red bell peppers 8 oz. raw 1/4 cup fresh/frozen corn Dash of chilli powder Sea salt Topping.plain yogurt and salsa Low carb tortilla Preparation: 1) Heat all ingredients together on the stove.VegetarianFoodPlan. Spaghetti Squash Salad Ingredients: Whole Spaghetti Squash.10. 2) Place in tortilla and top with plain yogurt and salsa.
After 20 minutes of cooking the rice should be looking more or less done. ©www. Add the water and coconut milk and bring to a gentle boil.VegetarianFoodPlan. package frozen spinach Salt and pepper to taste Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) 5) 6) Sauté carrots and spices for 3-5 minutes. 7) Add the spinach and cook for another 3-5 minutes to heat it up. peeled and sliced into half rounds 1 10 oz. ground mustard 1 tsp. Add the basmati rice and tofu and reduce heat to simmer.11. black pepper 1 tsp. Cook for 10 minutes. 9) Add salt and pepper to taste. If not. cook for a while longer. cayenne pepper 1 14 oz. Defrost the spinach and squeeze out the extra water. can coconut milk (Don't use the "light" version) 4 cups water 1 cup basmati rice 1 16 oz. ground cumin 1/2 tsp. 8) Take the pot off the heat and let sit for 5 minutes. package firm tofu 2 carrots. ground coriander 1 tsp. Basmati Spinach Stew Ingredients: 1 Tbsp. Canola oil 1 1/2 tsp. ground ginger 1/2 tsp.com 73 .
trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces 1 medium yellow summer squash. Add squash. canola oil. Add onions. stir-fry 1 teaspoon ginger in 1 teaspoon oil for 1 minute. divided 1 cup onions 1 lb. braggs amino acids 2 tsp. 3) In the same pan. salt 1/4 tsp. thinly sliced 1 package (14 oz. toasted Preparation: 1) In a large nonstick skillet or wok.) extra-firm tofu. minced fresh gingerroot. divided 3 tsp. salt. agave nectar or honey 1-1/4 cups vegetable broth 4 tsp. fresh asparagus. 4) Stir in vegetable broth and sweetener and add to the pan. 6) Serve with rice. 2) Add asparagus. heat through. Remove and keep warm. Asparagus N’ Squash Tofu Stir-Fry Ingredients: 1/2 tsp. stir-fry for 2 minutes. stir-fry 2 minutes longer.com 74 .VegetarianFoodPlan. Makes 4 servings. Bring to a boil. sliced almonds. pepper 2 cups hot cooked brown rice 2 Tbsp. 5) Add asparagus mixture and tofu. stir-fry tofu. drained and cut into 1/2-inch cubes 1/4 tsp.12. halved and sliced 2 green onions. pepper and remaining ginger in remaining oil for 7-9 minutes or until lightly browned. sprinkle with almonds. Remove and keep warm. cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. ©www. stir-fry 1 minute longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender. nama shoyu.
olive oil 1 lb. seitan Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) Whisk together all ingredients except for the seitan.VegetarianFoodPlan. turning once and brushing with extra marinade as desired. Zesty Grilled Seitan Recipe Ingredients: 1/4 cup white wine 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar Zest and juice from one lime Dash salt and pepper to taste 2 Tbsp. Marinate the seitan in the mixture for at least 45 minutes.com 75 .13. ©www. Add to grilled vegetables or on top of a fresh salad. Grill over hot coals.
Reduce to a simmer and simmer until the beans are soft (depending on your beans 45 minutes to an hour). Drain off the water and transfer the beans to a saucepan. ©www. Drain off any remaining water and stir in the tahini and soy sauce. Bring to a boil over medium heat.14.5 cups water to the beans. soy sauce Water for cooking the beans Preparation: 1) 2) Soak the beans overnight in 2 cups of water.com 76 .VegetarianFoodPlan. 3) Makes 2 -4 servings. Sesame Adzuki Beans Ingredients: 1/2 cup dry adzuki beans 1/4 cup tahini 1 Tbsp. Add 1.
cilantro. Makes 15 cups.com 77 .15. vegan cheese) Preparation: 1) Saute the onion until soft in a large pot sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Taco Soup Ingredients: 1 large onion.VegetarianFoodPlan. great northern beans. chopped 1 package low sodium natural taco seasoning 2 cups whole kernel corn. 2) Add the other ingredients to the pot and simmer for 30-40 minutes. fresh cut of the cob 1 3/4 cups or 15 oz. undrained 1 3/4 cups or 15 oz. fat free vegetarian refried beans 1 cup diced tomatoes 1 cup salsa Toppings (Avocado. undrained 1 3/4 cups or 15 oz. ©www. black beans. cooked.
Add onion. vegetarian baked beans. seeded and chopped 1/2 red bell pepper. 3) Remove pan from heat and stir in baked beans. coarsely grated Salt. finely chopped 2 cloves garlic. hot sauce. and cook over medium heat until golden brown for about 4 minutes. finely chopped 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro 1 tsp. about 30 to 40 minutes.16. hot sauce and 8 ounces of cheese. cilantro and cumin. finely chopped 2 jalapenos. Spoon the mixture into the hollowed chiles and sprinkle with remaining cheese.com 78 . ground cumin 3 1/2 cups or 28 oz. 4) Set up grill for indirect grilling and preheat to medium. olive oil 1 medium onion. to taste Preparation: 1) Cut poblano chiles in half lengthwise to create a boat for filling and scrape out seeds. Grilled Stuffed Chili Rellenos or Green Bell Peppers Ingredients: 6 large poblano chiles or red/green bell peppers 2 Tbsp. Pepper Jack or Monterey Jack cheese or vegan cheese. Arrange the chillies on the grill away from the heat. drained 1-3 tsp. to taste 12 oz. 5) Cook until chillies are tender and cheese is browned and bubbling. red bell pepper. garlic. to taste Freshly ground black pepper.VegetarianFoodPlan. 2) Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a nonstick skillet. Makes 6 – 8 servings. Add salt and pepper to taste. ©www. jalapenos.
Make veggie burgers and enjoy! 3) Makes 6 servings.VegetarianFoodPlan. Mixture will be thick. approximately 1/2 inch thick and fry patties in a small amount of oil until slightly firm. seasoned salt Salt and pepper to taste Oil for frying Whole grain bun or bread Preparation: 1) 2) Sautee the onions till soft. Black Bean Burgers Ingredients: 1/2 onion. In a large bowl. onion powder 1/2 tsp. Form bean mixture into patties.com 79 .17. adding the flour a few tablespoons at a time to combine well. black beans. garlic powder 1 tsp. about 3-5 minutes. ©www. crumbled 1 tsp. cooked 1/2 cup whole wheat flour 2 slices bread. except the oil. diced 1 3/4 cup or 15 oz. Add sauteed onions and the rest of the ingredients. mash the beans until almost smooth.
Simmer. salt and pepper. olive oil 1 3/4 cup or 15 oz. Toss with pasta. rinsed and drained 1-3 Tbsp. pepper 5 cups hot cooked gluten free penne pasta Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) In a large skillet. seeded and chopped 3 garlic cloves. jalapeno and garlic in oil for 5 minutes or until tender.VegetarianFoodPlan. sugar. agave nectar 1 tsp. Stir in the peas. Makes 6 servings. simmer 10 minutes longer. sauté the green pepper. vinegar. minced 1 Tbsp.com 80 . for 10 minutes. uncovered.18. Penne Pasta & Beans Ingredients: 3 1/2 cups crushed tomatoes 1 cup chopped red bell pepper 1/2 cup chopped onion 1 jalapeno pepper. salt 1/8 tsp. onion. cilantro. cider vinegar 1 tsp. bring to a boil. Add tomatoes. minced fresh cilantro 1 tsp. cannelloni beans. ©www.
pepper 8 low carb tortillas (6 inches). Garnish with avocado and chopped cilantro.) chopped green chilies 1 Tbsp. warmed 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese or vegan cheddar cheese 1 large ripe avocado.com 81 . cumin. simmer. rinsed and drained 1 Y2 cup diced tomatoes Y2 cup (4 oz. uncovered. garlic powder 1/4 tsp.19. olive oil 4 cups (32 oz. sprinkle with cheese.) black beans. for 3-5 minutes or until mixture begins to thicken. Bring to a boil. salt 1/4 tsp. chili powder (Or purchase a natural taco seasoning to replace chilli. Stir in the beans. tomatoes. oregano. Spoon about 1/2 cup off center on each tortilla. Reduce heat. Makes 8 servings. minced 1 Tbsp. garlic powder) 1 tsp. chilies and seasonings. salt. peeled and sliced Fresh cilantro to top. dried oregano 1/2 tsp.VegetarianFoodPlan. chopped 2 garlic cloves. ©www. chopped Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) 5) In a nonstick skillet. Bean Tacos Ingredients: 1 medium onion. Fold one side of tortilla over filling. ground cumin 1 tsp. saute onion and garlic in oil until tender.
6) Serve with rice. stir-fry yellow pepper for 1 minute.VegetarianFoodPlan. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened and vegetables are crisp-tender. Add cabbage and tomatoes. Makes 6 servings. stir-fry 2 minutes longer.) firm tofu. salt 1/2 tsp. bring to a boil. sesame oil 1 medium sweet yellow pepper. chopped 3 cups hot cooked brown rice Preparation: 1) In a small bowl. honey or agave 1/2 tsp. ©www. stir-fry tofu in oil for 2-3 minutes or until heated through. set aside.20. 3) In the same pan. Remove and keep warm. cornstarch 1-1/2 tsp.com 82 . 2) In a large nonstick skillet or wok coated with cooking spray. curry powder 1 tsp. 5) Return tofu to skillet. 4) Stir coconut milk mixture and add to skillet.) light coconut milk 1 cup matchstick-cut carrots 8 green onions. combine the first 10 ingredients. julienned 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms 1 tbsp. crushed red pepper flakes 1 package (16 oz. stir-fry for 2 minutes. Curried Tofu Stir-Fry Ingredients: 1/4 cup nama shoyu sauce or Braggs Amino Acid 2 Tbsp. drained and cubed 2 tsp. cut into 1-inch pieces 4 cups shredded cabbage 4 plum tomatoes. chili powder 1/2 tsp. Add mushrooms and onions. minced fresh ginger root 1/2 tsp. peanut butter 1 can (14 oz.
sauté green pepper and onion in oil until tender. Reduce heat. 4) Drain fettuccine. 2) Meanwhile. minced fresh basil or 2 tsp. uncovered. ©www. dried oregano 1/2 tsp. in a large saucepan.) black beans.com 83 . uncooked vegan spinach fettuccine 1 small green pepper. Bring to a boil. black beans and seasonings. rinsed and drained 2 Tbsp. chopped 1 small onion. Spinach Fettuccine with Tomato Basil Bean Sauce Ingredients: 6 oz. dried basil 1 tsp. olive oil 2 cups pasta sauce (no high fructose corn syrup) 1 3/4 cup or(15 oz. 5) Top with sauce and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. fennel seed 1/4 tsp. 3) Stir in the pasta sauce. for 5 minutes. Makes 5 servings.) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese or vegan mozzarella cheese Preparation: 1) Cook fettuccine according to package directions.VegetarianFoodPlan. garlic salt Dash pepper 1/2 cup (4 oz. simmer. chopped 1 Tbsp.21.
This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?
We've moved you to where you read on your other device.
Get the full title to continue listening from where you left off, or restart the preview.