This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?
About Kardena Pauza
Hi! My name is Kardena Pauza, and I’m a personal trainer and certified nutrition expert. In 2003 I completely changed my life by adopting a meat-free diet. And since then, I’ve been living the vegetarian lifestyle and loving it. At first I made many common vegetarian eating mistakes, but since then I’ve developed a simple, high-energy diet meal plan that has helped me build the body of my dreams. And I’m here to show you how to do it as well. Once you get started with a meatfree diet (and even dairy-free and egg-free), you’ll be amazed at how much mental and physical energy you can have all day long. You’ll no longer feel sluggish or tired after eating big heavy meals. You won’t fall asleep at your desk. You won’t be a zombie at work or at home when your kids want to play. And best of all, the body fat will just melt right off of you thanks to your new diet. As you can imagine, people have a lot of preconceived notions about a vegetarian diet and think that it will just make them weak, tired, pale, and sickly looking. But that is NOT the case if you eat the right foods. And once you try going completely animal-free, I know you’ll be hooked on the new vitality and energy in your life. I look forward to helping you, and please let me know if you have any questions! See you in the kitchen, Kardena Pauza Author,
Table of Contents Smoothies ............................................................................................................... .pg. 4 Desserts .................................................................................................................................pg. 11 Breakfast............................................................................................................... .pg. 27 Lunch .................................................................................................................... pg. 44 Dinner................................................................................................................... .pg. 67
SMOOTHIE RECIPES 1. Banana Carob Smoothie You’ll love this yummy smoothie that tastes similar to a chocolate-banana shake. And if you didn’t know what carob is, it’s a great, healthy substitute for chocolate. Of course, if you want “real” chocolate, you can use cocoa powder instead of the carob. Ingredients: 1 frozen chopped bananas 3/4 cup soy milk or almond milk- unsweetened preferably 1 1/2 Tbsp. carob powder 1 Tbsp. maple syrup or agave nectar 1/2 tsp. vanilla Dash of cinnamon Add water to make more pourable and ice if you prefer a chilled drink 2. Strawberry Ecstasy Smoothie Ingredients: 1 cup almond milk- unsweetened preferably 1 cup frozen or fresh Strawberries 2 Tbsp. raw cacao powder or cacao nibs (Nibs are more bitter) 1-2 dates or agave to taste 3. Spice Up Your Life You’ll be surprised by what adding cayenne can do to a chocolate or cacao smoothie! Ingredients: 1 cup coconut water (From fresh young thai coconut preferably or in a container) 1/4 cup almonds soaked 1 Tbsp. cacao powder 1/8 cup white raisins Dash of cayenne Pinch sea salt
2) Next add all the remaining ingredients: peeled mango.4. 1 Tbsp. sunflower. raw sunflower seeds 4-6 raw Brazil nuts or 4-8 soaked raw almonds 1 Tbsp. and nuts in 2-3 cups of water first preferably. ground up sesame seed 6. cucumber.com . spinach. coconut butter or oil 1 large mango (Peel & remove pit) 1/4” slice of fresh ginger root 1/3 cucumber (Optional to peel) 1-2 cups spinach 2-3 cups water Preparation: 1) Blend flax. coconut. Banana Cherry and Sesame Ingredients: Frozen organic cherries (1/2 cup to 1 cup) 1 banana 2 Tbsp. Marvellous Mango Ingredients: 2-3 tsp. ground up flax seed 2 tsp.VegetarianFoodPlan. sesame seeds 1 or 2 tsp. flax seeds (Thickens smoothie) 2 tsp. ginger and blend. Mango Delight’ Smoothie Ingredients: 1 cup organic almond milk 1 large fresh mango (peeled) or frozen 1 apple. © www. of raw cacao powder Raw honey or agave nectar as sweetener Water/ice to blend 5. cored 2 tsp.
cacao nibs 3-4 each raw almonds AND macadamia nuts 2 tsp. ZEN-ANANA Smoothie Ingredients: 1 large banana sliced 8 oz green tea 2 cup spinach 1 Gala or Fuji apple sliced pinch nutmeg or cinnamon © www. of soaked brown flax seed 1 Tbsp. of your favorite dried green supplement Stevia (Optional) 10. of maca Handful of goji berries 1 tsp. frozen acai 1/3 to 1/2 cup frozen mixed berries 1-2 Tbsp. of coconut butter 1 tsp. flax oil 1 tsp. Low Glycemic Chocolate-Green Smoothie Ingredients: 1 Tbsp. hemp seeds 3 tsp. of cacao powder 1/2 tsp. chopped flax seeds 8.com 6 . Cran-Orange Strawberry Smoothie Ingredients: 2 oranges 1 cup strawberries (Frozen or fresh) 1/3 cup unsweetened cranberries (Frozen is ok) 1 Tbsp. Mac’ Berry Almond Smoothie Ingredients: 1/2 banana (Or substitute half an avocado but eliminate the flax oil) 4 oz.7. of honey 1 tray of ice cubes Water 9.VegetarianFoodPlan.
Oat Meal Raw Food Breakfast Ingredients: 1/2-1 cup soaked oat groats (Let soak uncovered.VegetarianFoodPlan.2 cups liquid use water. almond. of cacao powder 11/2 . less is better) 1 Tbsp. cinnamon 1/4 cup pure water if blending Nuts. raw carob powder 1 or 2 shakes of cinnamon 1 Tbsp. rinse before use) 2 apples sliced 1 banana sliced 1 Tbsp. rice milk (less for thicker shake) 12. soy. flax meal 3 Tbsp.11. Carob Shake Ingredients: 1 large banana 1-1/2 cup almond. organic maple syrup Add ice 13. soy. soaked brown flax seed (Optional) 1-2 tsp. ground flaxseed 1/4 cup soaked raw almonds 1 tsp. Chocolate-Avocado DREAM Ingredients: 1/2 avocado 1 medium sized banana 4-6 dates (Sweeten to taste. in water over night.com 7 . hemp. raisins & hemp seeds (Optional) www. or rice milk 1 Tbsp.
Green Pome-berry Smoothie Ingredients: 1 medium sized banana 6-8oz (1 cup) frozen blueberries 1/2 cup pomegranate juice 1/2 cup almond.com 8 1) . then dump coconut water into blender.VegetarianFoodPlan. 16. maca (Optional) Young Coconut Preparation: To open young coconut use clever or chef knife. soaked flaxseed 4-6 chucks pineapple (Fresh or frozen) 1-2 cup organic spinach (Fresh or frozen) 15. Vegan Green Chocolate Shake Ingredients: Almond milk vanilla unsweetened 1-2 fresh kale leaves Almond butter 1 Tbsp.+ cocoa powder Handful blueberries or strawberries Pumpkin seeds Water (As needed) Dash Stevia to sweeten ©www. 2) Scoop out coconut meat and place in blender. strawberry. Remember to be very careful to avoid hard pieces from the husk. rice.water and meat 1 cup your favorite frozen berry (Raspberry. Energizing Smoothie Ingredients: 1/2 ripe avocado 1 frozen banana 1 young coconut. Favorite fruit/Y2 an apple 1/4 inch-1/2 inch raw ginger peeled Udo's. soy or hemp milk 1 Tbsp.14. flax oil or substitute with Y2 avocado if no oil Couple dashes of cinnamon 1 tsp. blueberry) Dash of Stevia to taste Dash cinnamon 1 Tsp.
rice or almond milk Add ice if desired 19. of flaxseed oil 1/4 tsp. Green Machine Smoothie Ingredients: 3-5 leaves of kale 1 kiwi 1 avocado 2 Tbsp. soy. of ginger root powder or 1/4 inch fresh peeled ginger 1 Tbsp. Tropical Green Smoothie Ingredients: 3 cups fresh organic baby spinach 2 cups fresh or frozen pineapple cubes 2-3 kiwis 1/2 avocado 1 banana Add ice & water until desired 20.17. coconut butter (Or 1 young coconut with coco-water if available in your area) 2-3 cups water until desired Add ice only if desired www.VegetarianFoodPlan. of spirulina or SuperGreens powder Add water/ice 18. Mango Banana Smoothie Ingredients: 1 medium-sized mango Dash of agave nectar or maple syrup 1 medium sized banana or ripe plantain 3/4-1 cup hemp. Parsley Pear Smoothie 2 pears sliced 1/3 bunch of parsley (Traditional or Italian is fine) 1 stalk of celery (the greener the better) 2 Tbsp.com 9 .
6) Place a Tbsp. alcohol free vanilla extract (Trader Joe’s has alcohol free) 8 oz/1 cup unsweetened carob chips 1/4 cup chopped walnuts or pecans 1/4 cup sunflower seeds Preparation: 1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees. 3) Using blender or food processor grind oats to coarse powder texture. cinnamon. 2) Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray. 3) Stir flour and baking powder in large bowl 4) In separate bowl stir well and combine applesauce. 7) Allow treat to cool down then cut into squares and serve! ©www. arrowroot and apple juice concentrate in large bowl. Makes 48 cookies 2.VegetarianFoodPlan. 5) Spread batter evenly into sprayed pan.com 10 . walnuts and seeds. cloves. agave nectar and vanilla.DESSERT RECIPES 1. Chocolate Chip Vegan Cookies Ingredients: 3 cups whole-wheat flour 1 tsp. 8) Bake about 12 minutes or until golden. 2) Spray baking pan with cooking spray. 5) Now add to dry ingredients and fold in carob chips. of batter onto cookie sheet and flatten with fork. Blueberry Squares Ingredients: 4 cups fresh blueberries or berry of your choice 2 tsp. ground cinnamon 1 tsp. baking powder 1 cup applesauce (Optional unsweetened version) 4 oz agave nectar 2 tsp. ground cloves 2 cups rolled oats 1/4 cup Maranta Starch or “Arrow Root” (Use instead of cornstarch to thicken) 1 cup applesauce (Optional unsweetened version) Preparation: 1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees. 7) Moisten your fork if it begins to stick to batter. 6) Bake about 30 minutes or until lightly browned on edges. 4) Processed oats with berries.
VegetarianFoodPlan. do not cook 2/3 cup almond meal 1/4 teaspoon cardamom 1/4 tsp. mixed with 2 Tbsp. 4. Chocolate Oatmeal Chai Cookie Recipe Ingredients: 2 cups rolled oats. 4) Stir in the apple juice concentrate. cinnamon 1/2 tsp. baking soda. well mashed (about 1 1/2 cups) 1 tsp.3. alcohol free vanilla extract (Trader Joe’s has Alcohol Free FYI) 2 Tbsp. all-spice 1/2 tsp. baking powder 1 Tbsp. ground cloves 1/4 tsp. Vegan Apple Pie Ingredients: 1/4 cup frozen apple juice concentrate 1 3/4 cup applesauce (Optional unsweetened version) 2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour 1/2 cup quick oats 1/2 cup of raisins 1/4 cup chopped walnuts 1 tsp. oats. ground flax seed. applesauce. ripe bananas. and vanilla to the dry ingredients and mix until combined. slightly warm. nutmeg 1 tsp. finely shredded & unsweetened 3 large. baking soda 1 tsp.com 11 .can do gluten free 1/3 cup coconut. fine grain sea salt 1 tsp. vanilla extract 1/4 cup coconut oil or olive oil. 6) Pour batter into oiled pan and bake for 45-50 minutes. cinnamon 1/2 tsp. 5) Mix in the flax seed. 7) Remove pie from oven and cover with aluminium foil for 10 minutes before removing from pan. water until smooth Preparation: 1) Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees 2) Lightly oil a 9 inch pan with vegetable oil 3) Combine the flour. baking powder and spice in a large mixing bowl. baking powder 6-7 ounces chocolate chips or dark chocolate bar chopped or unsweetened carob www.
cardamom. and baking powder. one level tablespoonful at a time. ©www. raisins and oats. 5) Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until combined. salt. an inch apart. 2) To make almond meal. onto a parchment lined baking sheet. and ginger.don't go too far or you'll end up with almond butter. 6) Add this to the flour mixture and stir until just combined. 7) Drop onto prepared baking sheets.Preparation: 1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Makes about 3 dozen bite-sized cookies. salt. almond meal. 4) Add the nuts and carrots. baking powder. fine grain sea salt 1 cup rolled oats 2/3 cup chopped walnuts 1 cup shredded carrots 1/2 cup real maple syrup.14 minutes or until turning brown on the bottom. warmed until just melted 1 tsp. ground cloves. 6) Fold in the chocolate/carob. vanilla extract. Carrot Ginger Oatmeal Cookie Recipe Ingredients: 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour 1 tsp. 4) In another bowl whisk together the oats. 8) Bake in the top 1/3 of the oven for 10 . Set aside. 5. cinnamon. 2) Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.You can make your own almond meal by pulsing almonds in a food processor until it is the texture of sand . and coconut oil. each about 2 teaspoons in size. 3) In a large bowl whisk together the flour. racks in the top third. 7) Drop dollops of the dough. room temperature 1/2 cup unrefined (fragrant) coconut oil. 3) In a large bowl combine the bananas.VegetarianFoodPlan.com 12 . shredded coconut. wheat germ. grated fresh ginger 1/4 cup wheat germ 1/2 cup raisins Preparation: 1) Preheat oven to 375F degrees.12 minutes or until the cookies are golden on top and bottom. leaving about 2 inches between each cookie. 8) Bake for 12 . coconut oil. baking powder Scant 1/2 tsp. 5) In a separate smaller bowl use a whisk to combine the maple syrup.
and salt.Makes about 2 1/2 dozen cookies. go ahead and chill the batter for an hour or so before this step. It's a loose batter.com 13 . Organic Peanut Butter Cookies Ingredients: 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour. or unbleached all-purpose flour 1 tsp. maple syrup. Pour the flour mixture over the peanut butter mixture and stir until barely combined .3 dozen cookies. maybe 11 minutes . baking soda 3/4 tsp. In a separate larger bowl combine the peanut butter. Let sit for five minutes. Press down on each one gently with the back of a fork. baking soda. vanilla extract Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) 5) 6) 7) 8) Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Now drop by heaping tablespoonfuls onto parchment-lined baking sheets. give one more quick stir. Stir until combined. just a stroke or two.still a bit dusty looking. and vanilla.VegetarianFoodPlan. spelt flour. In a medium mixing bowl combine the flour. 9) 10) Make 2 . fine grain sea salt 1 cup Organic Creamy Peanut Butter 1 cup maple syrup 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil 1 1/2 tsp.but don't over bake or they will be dry. Let cool five minutes and transfer to a cooling rack. www. Bake for 10. so if you're set on doing criss-crosses. olive oil. Place racks in the top third. 6.
VegetarianFoodPlan. Ingredients: 1 cup raw cashews 3 Tbsp. cacao powder 1 Tbsp. red seedless grapes.7. agave nectar or to taste 1/2 cup almond milk Add water if need to thin for blending Preparation: 1) Place all the ingredients in a powerful blender and puree until creamy. a slice of apricot or whipped cream. 2) Pour the pudding into bowls and add your desired toppings. carob powder 3 Tbsp.com 14 . or crumble some graham crackers on top. ©www. Dark Chocolaty Chocolate Pudding Make a rich and creamy vegan chocolate mousse from tofu! Garnish with fresh strawberries.
com 15 . baking powder. cinnamon. 7) Bake for 40-50 min at 350F until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean. baking soda 2 tsp. Mix until "just mixed. 8) Cool on a counter for 30 min and then frost with cream cheese frosting © www. Peter Rabbit Carrot Cake Ingredients: 2 cups spelt flour or whole wheat flour 2 tsp. allspice Y2 tsp. 3) Preheat the oven to 350F. ground cloves 1 tsp." 5) Mix in the walnuts. Grade B (vegan) or 1 cup honey (Vegetarian) 1/2 cup crushed walnuts (Optional) Preparation: 1) First. I use a food processor instead of grating them by hand. 4) Combine the carrots and the rest of the ingredients except for the walnuts to the flour mixture. salt 2 cup grated carrots 1 cup almond milk 1 1/2 cup applesauce 1 cup maple syrup. baking soda. baking powder 1 1/2 tsp. cloves. and salt.VegetarianFoodPlan. 6) Transfer to a greased 13x9x2 pan. 2) Grate the carrots. mix all dry ingredients together in a mixing bowl: flour.8. ground cinnamon 1/4 cup raisins 1 Y2 tsp. allspice.
salt 1 cup (240 ml) blueberries Preparation: 1) Preheat oven to 350F. baking soda (Non-aluminum) 1/2 tsp. Stir well to combine. 8) Bake until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. and salt.com 16 . © www. 4) In a separate bowl. baking powder 3/4 tsp. 5) Add blueberries and use a spoon or spatula to ensure they are coated with the flour mixture. orange juice. 7) Spread the mixture evenly in the prepared pan. about 40-45 minutes. 9) Allow to cool before cutting and serving. orange juice 1/3 cup vanilla almond milk (Or apple sauce) 1/2 cup agave nectar 2 cups whole wheat flour 3/4 tsp. baking powder. combine the flour.VegetarianFoodPlan. soda. Blue Banana Bread Ingredients: 3 large over-ripe bananas 1 tsp. almond milk. 2) Wipe a 9x5-inch loaf pan with oil. 6) Add the banana mixture and gently mix until just combined. mash the bananas and add orange zest. 3) In a large bowl. and agave nectar. orange zest 1 Tbsp.9.
12) Eat when nice a warm and chewy. olive oil or 1 Tbsp.10. Super Yummy Low-Fat Whole Wheat Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Ingredients: 1/4 tsp. of salt (Optional) 1/2 tsp.VegetarianFoodPlan. baking soda into the flour and oatmeal in a bowl. 5) Add in applesauce and egg substitute and beat well. of ground cinnamon 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg 1/4 tsp. add the vanilla essence. arrowroot flour (As substitute for 1 egg) 3/4 cup of whole wheat flour 3/4 cup of dry oats 2 Tbsp. of baking soda 1/4 cup pecans.com 17 .1/2 cup of sugar 1/4 cup of unsweetened applesauce 3/4 tsp. This dough will be very slightly sticky. beat olive oil (and/or milk) together with the vegan sugar. 7) At this point. 9) Flatten to about 3/4 and keep it thick. 3) Sift the salt. oil + 1 Tbsp of Almond Milk 1/3 . 2) Prepare a cookie sheet either with non-stick spray or a parchment paper. www. raisins and nuts and mix well into the dough. chopped 2 Tbsp. 4) In a mixing bowl. Stir to blend together. of vanilla essence 1/4 cup raisins Preparation: 1) Preheat oven to 350F. cinnamon. 8) Drop by tablespoonful about 3 to a row. remove from cookie tray and cool on a rack. 10) Bake in the center of oven for about 10-12 minutes. 11) When it’s done. 6) Add in the flour mixture and beat on medium until a semi-stiff dough forms. cloves 1/2 tsp.
Mash the banana in a large mixing bowl. Line an 8x8-inch square baking pan with foil and lightly oil the bottom. pure maple syrup Egg replacer equivalent of 2 eggs 1/2 tsp. Bake for 30-35 minutes. Leave to cool and enjoy! 5) 6) 7) 8) ©www.VegetarianFoodPlan. vanilla essence 1/2 cup carob powder 1 large. Use a hand blender to blend the oats into a powder/flour. You may need to adjust wet/dry ingredients to achieve the correct texture. Low-fat Wheat-free Carob Brownies Ingredients: 1/3 cup brown rice flour 2/3 cup porridge oats 4 Tbsp. your better off slightly undercooking them and having a slightly soft middle. The mixture should be sticky but not too wet. Don’t over cook.com 18 . Add all the other ingredients and mix well. tahini Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) Pre-heat oven to 350°.11. very ripe banana Pinch of salt 1/4 cup chopped walnuts 1/8 cup sultanas or raisins 1/2 Tbsp.
Hold back a little coconut for coating the macaroons. shredded (Unsweetened) Y2 cup quick oats 1 Tbsp. sweetener (dates or maple syrup) and carob in a food processor or blender until smooth and creamy. and process until only slightly chunky. agave nectar Pinch of salt Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) Remove the pits from dates. almond butter 2 Tbsp. Raw Banana Macaroons Ingredients: 1 cup medjool dates 1 banana 1/2 cup coconut. Place all ingredients in a food processor. pecans. Raw Carob pudding Ingredients: 2 medium ripe avocados 1 Y2 cup dates or 1 cup maple syrup If using dates add a little orange juice when blending 1/2 cup raw carob powder Toppings.com 19 . Roll into balls and lightly roll in shredded coconut.12. 13.VegetarianFoodPlan.raspberries. sliced strawberries Preparation: 1) Process avocado. ©www.
add a few more raisins and a tablespoon of water. mint. cacao nibs Preparation: 1) Place dates in food processor and mix until smooth. salt 1 Y2 Tbsp. cinnamon. © www. 4) Refrigerate before eating. cashews or pecans 1/4 cup raw carob powder 1 cup raisins or dates Preparation: 1) Process all ingredients in a food processor until fine and sticky. remove from food processor by tablespoon-sized blobs and flatten into cookie-ish rounds. 3) After ingredients are mixed. add cacao nibs and blend just until nibs are well distributed.14. shredded 12 dates (Medjool are best) Y2-3/4 tsp. raw coconut oil (It's best if it's very soft. Once smooth.com 20 . 2) If you can't get the mixture to hold together. 2) Add walnuts. Raw "Chocolate Mint" Cookies Ingredients: 2 Y2 cups raw walnuts 2-3 fresh mint leaves. Speedy Raw Cookies Ingredients: 3/4 cup raw walnuts. salt and coconut oil and mix it all up.VegetarianFoodPlan. Makes approximately 15 cookies. but not liquid) 2 Tbsp. cinnamon Y2 tsp. 3) Shape into balls and enjoy! 15. again until smooth.
Raw-Berry Pie Ingredients: For the crust: 2 cups almonds 1/2 cup honey For the topping: 1 cup walnuts 1/4 cup honey 1/3 cup blueberries 2 Tbsp.VegetarianFoodPlan.com 21 . fresh coconut butter (Optional) For Garnish: fresh strawberries. blueberries. © www. Pour on top of crust and decorate with fresh. sliced Preparation: Crust 1) 2) Topping 1) 2) Blend the walnuts.16. sliced strawberries. and fresh coconut butter (if using) until smooth. Blend the almonds and honey until finely chopped. honey. Spoon into a serving dish and pack down well.
Raw Pecan Pie Tart Ingredients: 2 cups pecans. made into a smooth "pecan butter" (Your food processor can do this) 30 medjool dates. chopped Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) 5) 6) 7) In food processor. Store covered in the fridge until ready to eat. cinnamon 1/2 cup pecans. and cinnamon.17. pitted 1 1/2 cup shredded. dried coconut 1/2 tsp.VegetarianFoodPlan. Press the pecan mix into a 9x9 or 8x8 inch glass pan. Sort of "knead" in the chopped pecans until they're well distributed. ©www. Process until everything is well mixed. Raw Chocolate Pudding Ingredients: Meat of 2 coconuts or coconut butter 10 cashews 6 dates 4 Tbsp." coconut. salt 1 tsp. Remove from food processor and place the mixture in a medium-sized bowl or onto the counter. salt. Add the "pecan butter. process dates until smooth (or as close to smooth as you can get). 18. raw cacao powder 1/4 tsp. cinnamon Water Preparation: 1) Blend all the ingredients until smooth.com 22 .
raw tahini Preparation: 1) Blend all ingredients until smooth and it’s ready to eat! 20. peeled and seeded) 1 banana 1-2 tsp.VegetarianFoodPlan. Orange Almond Cookies Ingredients: 4 cups raw almonds. sea salt.com 23 . 2) When all ingredients are finely processed. use a spatula to spread cookie mixture onto a dehydrator tray OR shape into balls and eat as is.19. Papaya Banana Pudding Ingredients: 1 cup papaya chunks (About Y2 a Hawaiian papaya. orange peel. oranges. cored Preparation: 1) Blend the almonds. ©www. soaked overnight 2 cups raisins Y2 cup orange peel 2 medium oranges. and apples in a food processor until they are finely chopped. whole and peeled 2 apples. raisins.
Remove from heat and let cool. 3) Optional. sunflower seeds. green onions 1/4 cup cilantro Y2 cup tomatoes. This keeps the fiber structure intact and helps the digestive system. cilantro. Raw Scramble Ingredients: 1 cup almonds (Soaked overnight in water) 1/2 cup sunflower seeds 1/4 salt Y2 cup of water 2 Tbsp. * You can eat by itself or in a lettuce leaf. 2) Pour into bowl and fold in chopped tomatoes. ©www. 2. 2) Reduce heat and simmer for 5-10 minutes or until oats have reach your desired texture. The leaf will give the dish more crunch and texture.BREAKFAST RECIPES 1. Oatmeal Ingredients: 3 cups water 2 cups old fashioned oatmeal 1/2 cup raisins Preparation: 1) Bring water to a boil and add oatmeal. chopped Dash of cayenne 1/4 tsp. cumin Lettuce leaf – Romaine/Collard Green Preparation: 1) In a food processor combine and blend almonds.VegetarianFoodPlan.do not heat oats.com 24 . and green onions. salt and water. 4) Place in water the night before and then prepare yoru breakfast the following morning as if they are cooked.
4) Add raspberries. cinnamon. or until ingredients are slightly mixed but still chunky. just place it on the tray in small chunky pieces. Stevia or honey. place in the oven on the lowest temperature possible and leave the oven open a crack or on the lowest setting until dry or about 24 hours.3. ©www. 2) Add raisins. salt.com 25 . Good For You Granola Ingredients: 4 cups of soaked sunflower seeds 1 cup of soaked flax seeds 2/3 cups of raisins 1 tsp. 3) If your dehydrator has a heating gauge. 2) You don’t need to smooth it out. 5) Continue to add sweetener to taste. and blend once more about 10-15 seconds. of agave nectar Dash stevia 1/2 cup of raspberries (Fresh or frozen) Preparation: 1) Measure soaked sunflower seeds and flax seeds and pour into food processor. If you would like it sweeter. 4) If you don’t have a dehydrator. of salt 2 Tbsp. To dry granola: 1) Take the chunky mixture and drop it on dehydrator trays. you can add more agave. turn it no higher than 105 degrees so not to destroy the vitamins. 3) Process all ingredients except raspberries for 10-15 seconds. alcohol free vanilla. of alcohol free vanilla 1 tsp.VegetarianFoodPlan. and essential fiber. agave nectar and Stevia. minerals. of cinnamon 2/3 cup shredded coconut (Unsweetened) 1 tsp.
VegetarianFoodPlan. water 1 tsp. Shake well before using. agave nectar. Refrigerate if you have the space. Cover and blend on high until rice is pulverized. agave nectar 32 oz. Fold in ingredients with a large spoon to mix. ©www.com 26 . vanilla Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) In a blender place rice. Eat with fresh fruit and non-dairy milk. Store in an air-tight container. rolled wheat 8 oz. vanilla and water. chopped walnuts 5 oz. Rice Milk Recipe Ingredients: 1 cup cooked brown rice 1 oz. rolled rye Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) 5) Combine all ingredients in a large wide bowl. raisins 8 oz. 5. rolled oats 8 oz. chopped dried apples 1/2 cup shredded coconut 5 oz. Store in a covered container in the refrigerator.4. Muesli Recipe Ingredients: 1 oz. chopped sesame seeds 1 oz.
agave nectar 32 oz. ©www. only creamy. Cashew Milk Recipe Ingredients: 1/2 cup raw cashew pieces 3 Tbsp. vanilla Dash of salt to bring out the flavors Preparation: 1) Place cashews. 2) Cover and blend on high until cashews are pulverized and there are not chunks of cashew. 4) Shake well before using. water 1 tsp.6. agave nectar. * 1 serving is approximately 1 cup. 3) Cashew milk will last about 5 days covered in the refrigerator.VegetarianFoodPlan. vanilla and water in high powered blender.com 27 .
7. Sweet Tofu Rice Pudding Ingredients: 1 cup organic brown rice, short or long 1 1/2 cups water 1 Tbsp. coconut oil 1 tsp. salt 1 cup chopped fresh/ frozen blueberries 1 1/2 cup So Delicious Coconut yogurt 1/4 cup agave nectar 1 cup tofu, firm, cut into cubes 3 Tbsp. pecans 1 tsp. cinnamon 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) 5) 6) 7) 8) Place rice, coconut oil, slat and water in pan and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer rice for 30 minutes, or until rice is soft. Make sure the rice does not dry out and burn. Fold in the tofu with 1/3 cup of coconut yogurt and cover lid. Allow to cook on medium heat for 5 minutes. Add the vanilla extract, cinnamon, cashews and agave or maple syrup. Cover with lid and allow to sit for ten minutes. Serve warm in bowl and top with fresh blueberries or fruit of your choice.
8. Apple Cinnamon Quinoa Ingredients: 1/2 cup quinoa, rinsed thoroughly, uncooked 1-1/2 cups unsweetened Almond milk 2 Tbsp. raisins 1 apple, cored and chopped 1 tsp. ground cinnamon 1-2 tsp. lemon juice 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract Preparation: 1) To thoroughly rinse quinoa, cover it with water in a mixing bowl, then rub it between the palms of your hands. Pour off the cloudy liquid through a strainer and then repeat the process two or three more times, until the rinse liquid remains clear. In a medium-sized saucepan, combine the rinsed and drained quinoa with almond milk. Bring to a slow simmer, then cover and cook for about 15 minutes until the quinoa is tender. In the blender place apple, raisins, cinnamon, vanilla extract, and lemon juice and puree. Put it in pot with quinoa and let it simmer for 5-15 minutes. Serve warm or chilled.
2) 3) 4) 5) 6)
Makes about 3 cups.
9. Quickie Breakfast Ingredients: 2 to 3 medium dried figs 1/4 cup raisins 1 medium apple 1 cup quick rolled oats 3 cups vanilla almond milk 1/4 tsp. cinnamon Dash of nutmeg Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) In a food processor, chop the apricot halves, figs, and raisins. Cut and core the apple and then add it to the dried fruit in the food processor. Chop fine. Transfer the fruit mixture to a medium-sized saucepan and add the remaining ingredients. 5) Simmer slowly, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes, or until thickened. Makes 4 servings.
10. Veggie Tofu Scramble Ingredients: 1/2 cup chopped celery 1/2 cup minced onion 1/2 cup chopped bell pepper 1 cup zucchini 1 cup chopped kale 1 1/2 tsp. chilli powder 1 tsp. cumin 16 oz. low-fat tofu, drained and crumbled 1/2 Tbsp. Himalayan salt 1/2 cup vegetable broth 1/4 tsp. pepper Preparation: 1) Heat 1/4 cup of vegetable broth, celery, onion, bell pepper, and zucchini in a skillet over medium-high heat. 2) Cook until softened. Add the remaining vegetable broth, kale, and spices. 3) Cover the pan and cook until the kale is wilted. 4) Add the crumbled tofu. Cook until firm and lightly browned. 5) Add the salt, pepper. 11. Couscous Breakfast Ingredients: 2 cups hot Almond milk 2 cups dry couscous 1/3 cup raisins, soaked in water and drained 1/3 cup dried apricots 6 pecans, raw honey, to taste (Or use agave nectar) Preparation: 1) Bring the almond milk to a boil on the stove. 2) Add the couscous to the hot almond milk and let stand 5 minutes. 3) Stir in raisins, pecans, and honey/agave nectar to taste. * A serving size is 1/3-1/2 cup cooked.
heat the canola oil and add the Fakin’ Bacon. mash it all up until there are no big chunks. With a fork. cayenne and pepper. cayenne pepper 1/8 tsp. turmeric. tamari/soy sauce. turmeric 2 tsp. Rapeseed oil (or other mild-flavored oil) Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) 5) 6) 7) 8) Drain the tofu.VegetarianFoodPlan. In a frying pan. organic) 1 medium tomato 2 Tbsp. Add the tofu mixture and stir-fry until the tofu is heated through. Cut it into pieces and put it into a small mixing bowl. Add the nutritional yeast.com 32 . ©www. diced 1 Tbsp. black pepper Y2 bell pepper. low sodium tamari or nama shoyu sauce.12. Sauté until the pieces are brown and crispy. Makes 4 servings. firm tofu (Non-gmo. Hearty Tofu Scramble Ingredients: l lb. nutritional yeast Y2 tsp. Add the vegetables and stir-fry until they are tender.more if preferable 1/8 tsp. diced Y2 onion.
diced small 1/4 cup salsa 1/4 cup vegetable broth or 1 Tbsp. 5) Warm tortillas and roll up some of the black-eyed peas mixture into each one. 4) Stir in salsa and simmer for 5 minutes more. ©www. 6) Serve as is or with extra salsa. 2) Stir in black-eyed peas and cook on medium heat until vegetables are cooked through. saute the onion.13. Breakfast Black Eyed Peas Ingredients: 1/2 large red onion. chopped 1 tsp. 3) Stir occasionally to keep from burning. hot pepper (Jalepeno) 1 large green pepper. drained 2-3 Roma tomatoes. garlic. minced garlic 1 can black-eyed peas.com 33 . chopped 1/2 tsp. tomatoes. and peppers in vegetable broth until soft. nama shoyu and 1/4 cup water 1 package of whole wheat tortillas Preparation: 1) In a nonstick pan. chopped 1/2 yellow pepper.VegetarianFoodPlan.
Add spaghetti squash salad. chopped onion Spaghetti squash salad Salsa Dash of nutritional yeast Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) 5) 6) 7) 8) 9) 10) Sauté garlic and onions in a little broth. Warm the tortillas. crumbled 1 Tbsp.1/2 cup firm tofu. Spoon the scrambled tofu/squash mixture in a line down the center of the tortilla. tamari . cumin. Saute until fully incorporated into tofu mixture and warmed thoroughly. Add crumbled tofu. nama shoyu or tamari (Adds salty flavor) Dash of cayenne. paprika. Sprinkle with nutritional yeast. turmeric 1 clove fresh garlic. Add salsa. or you can serve it on the top.VegetarianFoodPlan. Roll it up like a burrito.com 34 . Saute until lightly browned. South Western Breakfast Burrito Ingredients: 1-2 low carb tortillas 1/3.14. Enjoy!! Makes 1 serving. and water. ©www. crushed 3 Tbsp. and spices.
or top the beans with the salsa and place the plates in a microwave oven and heat for 1 to 2 minutes on high. 6) Top the salsa with the scrambled egg whites or scrambled tofu. 4) Cover each tortilla with the black beans.VegetarianFoodPlan. 3) Take the warmed tortillas and place each one flat on a separate plate. Huevos Rancheros Ingredients: 6 egg whites OR enough scrambled tofu mix to serve two 1 15oz.com 35 . spreading out the beans to cover the whole tortilla. Makes 2 servings. diced Preparation: 1) Warm the beans and separately scramble the egg whites or tofu mix in a non stick pan. diced 3 Tbsp. ©www.15. 5) Top the beans with salsa that you've either warmed upon the stove top. vegan cheese 4 Tbsp. onions. can of black beans 2 fat free/low fat flour tortillas 1 cup of salsa Diced green chillies 2 Tbsp. tomatoes. 2) Warm tortillas in oven using a very low temperature so that the tortillas warm all the way through and are still soft (not until they dry out and become crunchy).
measure 2 cups of cereal to 5 cups of water. and raisins and almond milk. Multi Grain Breakfast Ingredients: 1/2 cup whole wheat berries 1/2 cup whole rye berries 1/2 cup oat groats or rolled oat 1/2 cup whole triticale 1/2 cup whole barley 1/2 cup buckwheat groats 1/3 cup sesame seeds 1/3 cup flaxseed Preparation: 1) Combine all ingredients dry and store until you decide to prepare breakfast. Or make one serving by boiling 1/4 cup of cereal. bringing it to boil.16. 4) Warm up when you want. 3) You can store leftovers in the refrigerator. cinnamon.VegetarianFoodPlan. 2) When ready to cook. ©www. nutmeg.com 36 . 5) Add chopped apple.
Winter Grain Cereal Ingredients: 2/3 cups steel cut oats 1/3 cup pearl barley 2 Tbsp. put grains and cinnamon in a large bowl or pot. strain water off grains. add water 1 inch above grains. Makes 3-4 servings. the soy milk and 3 cups water and bring to a simmer on the stove.VegetarianFoodPlan.17.com 37 . 5) Remove from heat and let stand covered for 5 minutes. ©www. 6) This is also really good with dried apricots or with fresh chopped apples. 2) In the AM. 4) Reduce to a bare simmer and stir occasionally for 10 minutes or so. 3) Add the dried fruit. cover and let set overnight. raisins 1/3 cup date pieces Dash or three of cinnamon 3 cups water 1 cup unsweetened Almond milk Molasses or Stevia to taste Preparation: 1) The night before.
Tofu-Breakfast Pancakes Ingredients: 2 cups whole wheat flour 1 package silken Mori-Nu low fat tofu (1 gm/3 oz) 1 large apple 1 tsp. Serve with fat free maple syrup. or they will tend to stick. Try to use a cover to steam the pancakes as much as fry them. vanilla Dash of salt 2 tsp. jam or jelly. fat substitute (Sunsweet Lighter Bake) 1 to 2 cups Almond milk 1 cup blueberries Powdered cinnamon for topping while cooking Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) 5) 6) Just put all the ingredients in a food processor. Reduce the heat as you do subsequent batches. Fry in a non-stick pan sprayed with Pam. Be sure to add more soy milk or water to keep the batter from getting too thick as it sits.18.com 38 . as it reduces the amount of Pam you need to fry them. ©www. except for the Cinnamon and blueberries.VegetarianFoodPlan.
Quinoa Breakfast Ingredients: 1/2 cup water 1/4 cup quinoa 1/4 cup steel cut oats 1/4 cup peaches Dash of cinnamon and nutmeg Dash of Himalayan salt 1 Tbsp. or yeast. Variations – try adding vanilla.19. cinnamon. nut. Boil and then simmer the quinoa in water and mollasses for ten minutes.VegetarianFoodPlan. Add the oats and fruit and simmer for another 15 minutes. ©www.com 39 . blackstrap molasses or raw honey Currants or raisins to taste Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) Rinse the grains. Makes 1 large serving OR 2 small servings.
20. vanilla extract 1/2 cup shredded coconut 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds 1/2 cup sunflower seed 1/4 cup slivered almond 1/4 cup raisins Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) 5) 6) In a small bowl. 7) Bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Stir dry ingredients into wet. Makes 12-16 bars.VegetarianFoodPlan. Press the dough into the baking dish. almond slivers and raisins. wetting your hands with water to help pat the dough down evenly.com 40 . agave and vanilla. pumpkin seeds. Grease an 8x8 baking dish with grapeseed oil. sunflower seeds. combine grapeseed oil. Tropical Breakfast Bars Ingredients: 1 1/4 cups blanched almond flour 1/4 teaspoon Celtic sea salt 1/4 teaspoon baking soda 1/4 cup Grapeseed oil 1/4 cup agave nectar 1 tsp. In a large bowl. ©www. 8) Serve. combine almond flour. salt and baking soda. Mix in coconut.
chopped optional 3 Tbsp. raw Dressing: 2 Tbsp. 2) Add a little water or more vinegar if necessary to thin. cut into 1/4 “ slices 1 medium red bell pepper. julienned 1 medium yellow squash or zucchini. vinegar Salt and pepper Dash of honey to balance out the flavour Preparation: 1) Combine all dressing ingredients in a food processor or blender and blend until smooth. julienned 1 medium jicama. fresh tarragon. 3) Place all vegetables in bowel and toss with salad dressing. cut into 1/4 “ slices in a diagonal 1 large hothouse cucumber. cut into 1/4 “ slices 2 medium Belgian endive. flaxseed oil 2 large ripe avocados 1 cup non-fat plain yogurt 1 medium shallot 2 Tbsp. julienned 1/3 cup sunflower seeds. ©www. Rainbow Salad Ingredients: 1 medium red onion 1 medium green bell pepper. cut into 1/4 “ slices 1 medium orange bell pepper.com 41 . flat-leaf parsley 1 Tbsp.VegetarianFoodPlan.LUNCH RECIPES 1.
Roll up the rice paper to form a tight bundle. washed and patted dry Add grated lime for zest Preparation: 1) 2) 3) Wrap the tofu in a kitchen towel and set it on a plate. until it is golden brown and the marinade is absorbed.VegetarianFoodPlan. Stir in the garlic. Ingredients: 1 pound firm tofu 4 Tbsp. Let the tofu sit for 30 minutes. then turn the tofu block on its side and cut into thirds again. sliced 9 large leaf or butterhead lettuce leaves.com 42 . folding in the sides along the way. Cut the tofu into three slices lengthwise. minced 1 Tbsp. making nine equal slices. Peel. Toss the apple slices with the remaining tablespoon of orange juice to keep them from browning. Put another plate on top and weigh it down with something heavy. Tofu Apple Spring Rolls The Wonders of Rice Paper: Rice paper wrappers are a fantastic alternative to bread for the gluten-intolerant. and thinly slice the Granny Smith apple. Place the slices in an 8×8-inch baking dish and pour the marinade over the top. and scallions in a mound just below the center of the wrapper. and canola oil. minced ginger A pinch of cayenne 1 Granny Smith apple 9 (8-inch diameter) dried rice paper wrappers 18 fresh cilantro stems 1 cup finely shredded Napa cabbage 1 bunch scallions. soy sauce. Transfer to a dry work surface and pat dry. 4) 5) 6) 7) ©www. Set aside to cool. Preheat the oven to 375°F. cover the rolls with a damp paper towel and some plastic wrap to keep them from drying out. Bake the tofu and marinade for 40 minutes. Serve or pack each roll wrapped in a lettuce leaf (this will keep the spring roll from sticking to the plate). mirin (Sweet Japanese cooking wine) 1 Tbsp. Make a marinade by whisking together 3 tablespoons of the orange juice. core. Look for them in packages at Asian markets. Dip one of the wrappers in a wide bowl filled with warm water for 15 seconds. or until softened. soy sauce 1 Tbsp. ginger. and cayenne. some Napa cabbage. 2 sprigs of cilantro.2. then turn the slices over and let sit for another 30 minutes. If packing for later. Press the tofu for 30 minutes. the mirin. canola oil 2 garlic cloves. Arrange a slice of tofu along with some apple slices. freshly squeezed orange juice 1 Tbsp.
Remove pan from the oven and set aside. 2) Arrange the cut tomatoes on a large (10×16-inch) baking sheet. thyme. Toss with your hands until the tomatoes are evenly coated with oil. 3) Warm the rest of the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. sea salt 1/2 a medium onion. cut in half lengthwise (About 35) 1/4 cup plus 1 Tbsp. 5) Serve piping hot. chopped 1 large garlic clove. dried thyme Preparation: 1) Preheat the oven to 400°F.VegetarianFoodPlan. Roasted Tomato Basil Soup Ingredients: 6–6 1/2 pounds plum tomatoes. red pepper flakes (Optional) 2 cups fresh whole basil leaves (one 2 oz. then arrange them cut side up. pouring finished soup into a clean saucepan or soup tureen (you may wish to strain the soup as you do this to remove any remaining skin or seeds. depending on the strength of your blender). bag) 1/2 tsp. extra virgin olive oil 1 Tbsp. and 1 cup water (you may need to add an extra cup if the tomatoes are on the dry side). Simmer for 15 minutes. Add the onion and sauté until soft and slightly golden. Add the basil. Place in oven and roast the tomatoes for 50 minutes. minced 1 tsp. Add garlic and pepper flakes and sauté for one more minute. Drizzle the tomatoes with 1/4 cup olive oil and sprinkle with salt. with crackers or chunks of store-bought artisan-style bread.3. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly. 4) Blend the soup in batches in the blender. they should fill the pan completely. ©www.com 43 . Carefully pour in all the tomatoes and their juices. about 10 minutes.
2) Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. thyme. minced 1 tsp. just not red) 1 cup dried. about 5 minutes. TVP. Add the garlic. Drain the dry beans and add them to the slow cooker along with the lentils. extra virgin olive oil 1 onion. If you are around. and navy beans in a mixing bowl. Chili Con "Carne" Ingredients: 1/2 cup dried black beans 1/2 cup dried pinto beans 1/2 cup dried navy beans 1 Tbsp. 4) Cover the slow cooker and cook on high for 5 hours or on low for 8 hours. Rinse and drain the beans.com 44 . sage. beef-style texturized vegan protein (TVP) 1 (6-ounce) can salt-free tomato paste 1 tsp.5 to 3 quarts) slow cooker. ground cumin 1 1/2 tsp. Let the beans soak for several hours or overnight. cumin. and tomato paste. paprika. stir in the salt and pepper to taste and serve hot. 5) When the chili is done. add the onion and bell pepper and sauté until the onion is translucent and soft. and cayenne and sauté. Add 5 cups of boiling water and stir until everything is combined and there are no lumps of tomato paste. or until the garlic is soft and the spices are fragrant. finely chopped 1/2 a green or red bell pepper. dried oregano A pinch of cayenne 1/2 cup uncooked lentils (Black. sea salt (Or to taste) Freshly ground black pepper Preparation: 1) Combine the black beans. or crimson are all fine here. paprika 1/2 tsp. give the chilli a stir or two during the day to ensure even cooking.4. ©www. pinto beans. When the oil is hot. oregano. 3) Scrape the onion and spice mixture into the insert of a medium-size (2. until the beans are tender. chopped 1 garlic clove. dried thyme 1/2 tsp. brown. stirring constantly.VegetarianFoodPlan. dried sage 1 tsp. for another 2 minutes. then cover with a generous amount of water.
drained and chopped 1 purple onion. until just tender. 4) Allow to marinate in the refrigerator at least one hour before serving. diced 1 12 oz. Italian Pasta Salad Ingredients: 1 1/2 cups bowtie or corkscrew pasta 1 cup broccoli. diced 1 red or yellow bell pepper. 2) Lightly steam the broccoli. can green beans. Drain and allow to cool.5. toss together the pasta. ©www. Toss again before serving. broccoli and remaining ingredients and season to taste with salt and pepper. diced 1/3 cup sliced black olives 2 Tbsp. diced 1 -2 tomatoes. chopped fresh basil 1 cup fat-free vegan Italian salad dressing Sea salt and pepper to taste Preparation: 1) Cook the pasta according to package directions in salted water. chopped small 1 12 ounce can water-packed artichoke hearts. 3) In a large bowl.VegetarianFoodPlan.com 45 .
chopped 1 tsp. for an additional 45 minutes. Reheat before serving. Remove bay leaf. combine the split peas. or until the soup reaches desired thickness. for 1 hour. 2) Stir in the carrots.6. water. chopped Preparation: 1) In a large saucepan. Simmer.com 46 . uncovered. chopped 2 stalks celery. dried 10 cups water 1 onion. chopped 3 medium potatoes. 3) Puree in a blender or food processor. garlic powder 1 tsp. onion and spices. pepper 1/2 tsp. salt 1 bay leaf 2 large carrots. Curried Split Pea and Potato Soup Ingredients: 16 oz. green split peas. Simmer. ©www. covered. dried oregano 1 tsp. stirring occasionally. potatoes and celery.VegetarianFoodPlan. curry powder 1/2 tsp.
to taste Add dill to taste Preparation: 1) 2) 3) In a large bowl. mash tofu with a fork or potato masher (alternatively.com 47 . Raw Eggless Egg Salad Ingredients: 1 Y2 pounds tofu.VegetarianFoodPlan. firm Y2 cup eggless mayonnaise (Nasoya Nayonnaise is my favorite!) 2 red bell peppers. you may wish to finely cube the tofu). finely shredded 3 Tbsp. onion granules 1/4 tsp. garlic powder Black pepper. served on crackers. turmeric 4 tsp. or as a side salad. ©www. pickle relish 1 Y2 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley 2 stalks celery. prepared mustard 1 Y2 tsp. chopped finely 1 small carrot. The resulting savory treat is wonderful as a sandwich spread. finely chopped 1 tsp. sea salt 1 Y2 tsp.6. Add remaining ingredients and mix well. chopped finely 4 scallions (White and green parts).
5) Season with salt and black pepper. and cook. garlic. seeded and cut into 1/2-squares 1 red bell pepper. and all the beans.com 48 . coriander. dried oregano 2 Tbsp. drained and rinsed 1 can pinto beans. thawed) Salt and freshly ground pepper. 6) Serve in shallow bowls. onion. 4) Lower the heat and simmer for 30 minutes. adding water or tomato juice as needed if too much liquid evaporates. chili powder 3 medium tomatoes. finely chopped 3-4 Tbsp. coarsely chopped 2-3 cloves garlic. drained and rinsed 1 can black beans. 2) Add the bell peppers. and stir in the cilantro or parsley. and bring to a boil. drained (Or 1-1/2 cups frozen corn. ground coriander 1 tsp. and cumin.VegetarianFoodPlan. ground cumin 1 tsp. for 5 minutes.8. ©www. the canned corn. Tres Bean Chilli Ingredients: 1 orange bell pepper. peeled and chopped (Or one 16-ounce can diced tomatoes) 1 can kidney beans. stirring. cayenne pepper 1 tsp. water for sautéing 1/4 tsp. drained and rinsed 1 can corn. oregano. seeded and cut into 1/2-squares 1 yellow onion. This is to replace the oil that is often used for sautéing. Add a little water as needed. seeded and cut into 1/2-squares 1 yellow bell pepper. to taste Water or tomato juice as needed 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves or fresh parsley (Optional) Squeeze lime juice to taste (Optional) Preparation: 1) Heat up the few tablespoons of water in a heavy 4-quart saucepan over medium heat. chili powder. cayenne. 3) Stir in the tomatoes.
cooked pinto beans 4 oz. Mexican Bean Spread Ingredients: 1/2 oz. or flax crackers. 3) Add water if needed. * If you want to use canned beans. pinto beans.9. you will need 2 15 oz. Process until almost smooth. cans. weigh pumpkin seeds. salt. Transfer them to a food processor. liquid smoke flavouring Preparation: 1) In a medium-small wide bowl. rinsed and drained. * You can use pine nuts instead of pumpkin seeds.VegetarianFoodPlan. or omit both.com 49 . sea salt 1/4 tsp. chili powder 1/4 tsp. diced green chillies 1 tsp. and green chilies. 4) Serve with raw veggies or baked tortilla chips. and liquid smoke flavor. 2) Add chili powder. ©www. raw pumpkin seeds 16 oz.
in to very small pieces.com 50 . by hand or with the food processor. black pepper.10. 4) Stir well keep covered in the fridge 4-6 hours or more. The pieces should be about the size of a corn kernel. 3) Add juice of one large pink grapefruit. ©www. 2) Put all chopped veggies in a large bowl and add: 1/2 tsp. each salt.VegetarianFoodPlan. Raw Vegan Ceviche Ingredients: 1 cup corn (Do not cut it up. just put it in the bowl) 1 cup butternut squash 1 cup cauliflower 1/2 of a red bell pepper with seeds removed 2 Roma tomatoes 1 Carrot 1 Plum 2 Celery stalks 1 Onion 3 Garlic cloves 1 Larger grapefruit Preparation : 1) Cut each vegetable or fruit. cumin and paprika.
dry dill 1 tsp. sesame seeds 1/2 cup corn kernels (Fresh/frozen) 1 large clove of garlic 1 small onion.11. 3) Dehydrate at 145F. gently turning every two hours or so until they start to get crispy on the outside. curry A squeeze of lemon Preparation: 1) Place all ingredients in food processor until it turns into a paste. 2) Mix well and form 1/4 cup balls. nutritional yeast (Optional) 1/2 tsp. salt 1 Tbsp.com 51 .VegetarianFoodPlan. Makes about 15 balls. chopped about a cup 1/2 cup celery leaf (Or parsley/cilantro) 1 Roma tomato 1/2 cup olives 1 Tbsp. ©www. Raw Vegan Falafel Ingredients: 1 cup sunflower seeds 1 Tbsp. cumin 1 tsp.
In a blender. (You may add water if it needs to be thinner) In a bowl. You should get a rather thick consistency. a few sticks of carrot. about 1/4 inch (1 cm) thick. you might need to stick a cocktail stick in it to hold.redchilli1Tbsp. Roll it up and the spinach leaf. basil. a few pieces of mango. Raw Lettuce Wraps Ingredients: 1/2 cup hemp seed 1/2 cup lemon juice 1 1/2 Tbsp. mix the almond butter dressing with the cabbage. and soy sauce. ginger. lemon juice.nam ashoyusauce 1 cup raw almond butter 1/2 head Savoy cabbage. Do this for all the other spinach leafs until the ingredients are gone. shredded 6 large collard green leaves or for a more mild flavor.12. The best and easiest way is to do this with you hands or a large wooden spoon. Place the collard leaf on a cutting board with the underside facing up. Add some hemp seeds. chopped ginger 1/4 cup green onions sliced 1/2Tbsp. and a few leafs of cilantro and.com 52 . puree the honey. romaine leaves 1 carrot 1 ripe mango 1 handful cilantro leaves 1 handful torn basil leaves Himalayan sea salt Preparation: 1) 2) Cut the carrot into matchstick-size pieces. Then you put some of the cabbage mix on the leaf. red chili. Add the almond butter and blend at low speed to combine. 3) 4) 5) ©www. Cut the Mango lenthwise into strips.VegetarianFoodPlan.
2) Add beans. chopped 1-1/2 cups frozen peas/carrots/corn (Any or all) 1 tsp. Simmer for 5 minutes. 3) Simmer for 10 minutes. spices.com 53 .VegetarianFoodPlan. miso paste. navy beans 1/2 large onion 4 medium carrots. and oil. and carrots into a pot. tarragon leaf 1 tsp. cumin seed Salt to taste 1/2 tsp. ©www.13. onion. unpasteurized miso paste 1 can or 15 oz. coriander 2 Tbsp. garam masala 1/2 tsp. fenugreek powder 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper 1 tsp. Simple Carrot-Bean Soup Ingredients: 3 cups water 1 Tbsp. olive oil Preparation: 1) Put water. frozen veggies. garlic powder 1 tsp.
©www. chickpeas. curry powder 2 tsp.14. sea salt 1 tsp.com 54 .VegetarianFoodPlan. quartered lengthwise and sliced 1 can or 15 oz. garlic. ground cumin 1 tsp. deseeded and diced 1 cup red bell pepper. deseeded and diced 1 Tbsp. minced in garlic press 2 tsp. Curried Vegetable and Chickpea Stew Ingredients: 2 cups onion. olive oil 2 Tbsp. diced 1 cup green bell pepper. rinsed and drained 1 1/2 cups tomatoes diced 1/2 cup vegetable stock or water Lemon juice to taste Preparation: 1) Sauté all ingredients in skillet for 10-5 minutes or until vegetables are tender. diced 2 cups zucchini. ground coriander Dash of cinnamon 3 tsp. ground black pepper 3 cups sweet potato.
Dijon mustard 6 sesame seed hamburger buns. thinly sliced 1/4 cup fat-free red wine vinaigrette 2 cans (15 oz. In a food processor. curry powder Tomato sliced 1/2 tsp. Add the eggs. Place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. pepper 1/3 cup vegan mayonnaise 2 tsp. cover and process until smooth. Makes 6 servings. each) chickpeas or garbanzo beans. combine the chickpeas. combine onion and vinaigrette.15. split or whole romaine lettuce leaves 6 lettuce leaves Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) 5) 6) 7) 8) In a small bowl. set aside. Bake at 375° for 10-15 minutes or until firm. Chickpea Burgers Ingredients: 1 large red onion. curry and pepper.com 55 . cover and pulse until blended. wheat germ and parsley. Shape into six patties.VegetarianFoodPlan. Serve patties on buns with lettuce and tomato or wrap in lettuce leaf and reserved onion mixture. walnuts. Combine mayonnaise and mustard. rinsed and drained 1/3 cup chopped walnuts 1/4 cup toasted wheat germ 1/4 cup packed fresh parsley sprigs 2 eggs 1 tsp. spread over cut sides of buns. ©www.
6) E n j o y ! ©www.16. oil. butternut. 4) Scoop out the seeds. 5) Divide the juice. then cut in half horizontally. reserve them to roast if you’d like. or until tender. all spice Dash of cinnamon (Optional) Salt and pepper Preparation: 1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. or delicate squash 1/3 cup pineapple juice 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil 1/4 tsp.VegetarianFoodPlan. all spice. 2) Place the whole squash on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or foil and roast for 40-45 minutes. 3) Remove from the oven. salt. allow to cool for 10 minutes. and pepper among the halves and use a fork to fluff and incorporate mixture into squash. Acorn Squash with Pineapple Ingredients: 2 medium acorn.com 56 .
) black beans. warmed or lettuce leaf for wrap 1 medium tomato. salsa. Add beans. cheese and sour cream. Fold in half. Spoon 1/2 cupful down the center of each tortilla.VegetarianFoodPlan. Black Bean Fajitas Ingredients: 1/2 cup each julienned sweet yellow pepper and red pepper 1 cup red onions julienned 1 can (15 oz. ©www. Makes 4 servings. cover and cook 1 minute longer or until heated through. rinsed and drained 4 low carb tortillas (6 inches).com 57 .17. seeded and chopped 1/2 cup salsa 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese or vegan cheese 1/4 cup fat-free plain yogurt Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) Saute yellow and red pepper in a pan. top with tomato.
Raw Creamed Spinach Soup Ingredients: Y2 head spinach leaves Y2 cucumber.18. unpasteurized barley miso Y2 tsp. salt Y2 tsp.VegetarianFoodPlan. ©www. cold pressed olive oil Preparation: 1) Blend all ingredients until smooth. lemon juice 1 Tbsp. peeled 1/4 cup water 1 avocado 1 clove garlic 1 cup tomato 1 Tbsp. freshly cracked pepper Dash chili powder 1 Tbsp.com 58 .
Simmer over low heat for about 25 minutes. cored and diced 2 cups of spinach 1 cup tomatoes. cumin powder 1/2 tsp. seeded. minced 1 medium onion. Kick-it-up Spicy Curry Lentils Ingredients: 12 oz. Add garlic. chopped 2 Tbsp. diced 1 tsp. Makes 4 servings. ©www. turmeric 1 tsp. spinach. ginger root. onion. and turmeric and sauté until the onion is transparent. Add ginger root. cayenne pepper 3 Anaheim chiles roasted.VegetarianFoodPlan. salt Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) 5) 6) 7) Heat oil in skillet. diced and crushed 2 cloves garlic. tomatoes and coriander. and cayenne. red lentils (dry) 1 tsp. Add chiles.19. Add salt just before serving. fresh coriander 1 tsp. cumin. garam masala 1/2 tsp.com 59 . Add washed lentils and cover mixture with water. masala.
com 60 . kelp flakes (Gives it a fishy flavor) Vegan mayonaise Salt and pepper to taste Preparation: 1) Mash the garbanzo beans.20. ©www. 3) Can have as a side dish or on vegetables or salad. 2) Add remaining ingredients and mix well. finely minced 1-2 Tbsp. chopped 1/2 small onion. Mock Tuna Salad Ingredients: 1 cup garbanzo beans (Canned or pre-cooked) 1 stalk celery.VegetarianFoodPlan.
salt and pepper in a large bowl. cucumber.21.com 61 . cooked 1 3/4 cup or 15 oz. cooked 1 pound green peas. roughly chopped 3 Tbsp. mustard. 5) Stir and serve chilled. vinegar. and roasted bell peppers and add to the bowel. 4) Drain and rinse the beans and add along with the peas. garbanzo beans. roasted bell peppers 1 clove minced garlic 1/3 cup flat leaf parsley. ©www. oil. dried basil Salt and pepper Preparation: 1) Whisk together the orange zest and juice. zest and juice 2 Tbsp. thawed 1 large orange. 2) Dice the onion. rough chop the parsley.VegetarianFoodPlan. diced 1 medium hothouse cucumber 15 oz. extra virgin olive oil 1 medium red onion. cooked 1 3/4 cup or 15 oz. black beans. agave nectar or honey 1/2 tsp. Zesty 3 Bean Salad Ingredients: 1 3/4 cup or 15 oz. dried oregano 1/2 tsp. Dijon mustard 2 Tbsp. 3) Mince the garlic. pinto beans. and add to the salad. * You can use other beans and it will be very tasty. balsamic vinegar 1 Tbsp.
brimming with fiber. 5) The resulting soup should be thick and creamy.com 62 . 7) Can make creamy by blending in food processor. Make sure there’s enough water. pressed or minced 2 carrots. Split Pea Soup This wonderful soup is filling. black pepper Salt and pepper. such as stones or residue. ©www. 6) Add salt and pepper to taste. diced 2 or 3 garlic cloves. low in calories and fat. Check occasionally to make sure water has not completely evaporated. dried parsley 1/4 tsp. Makes 4 to 6 servings.22. with the split peas quite broken down and mushy. checking for any impurities. Cover loosely and cook until peas are tender. dry uncooked 6 to 7 cups water or vegetable stock 1 medium-size yellow onion. dried basil 1/2 tsp. ground mustard 1/4 tsp.VegetarianFoodPlan. diced 1 tsp. A crock pot works very well for making this soup and cook for 6-8 hours. dried marjoram 1 tsp. Ingredients: 2 cups green split peas. packed with protein. diced 2 celery stalks. and serve hot. to taste Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) Rinse split peas. Heat should be low-medium. and freezes well. and bring to a simmer. Place all ingredients except salt and pepper in a soup pot. 1 hour or longer.
VegetarianFoodPlan. minced maybe you can use garlic press 1 lime 1 Tbsp. or to taste 1 lb. ©www. Rapeseed oil 4 cloves garlic. Cover. Squeeze lime juice and sprinkle green onion over tofu before serving. firm tofu Preparation 1) 2) 3) : Heat oil in a wok or frying pan over medium heat. Stir in garlic and ginger. and continue cooking for 20 to 30 minutes. Garlic Ginger Tofu Ingredients: 3 Tbsp. minced or in garlic press 2 Tbsp. Add tofu to the pan with soy sauce.com 63 .DINNER RECIPES 1. soy sauce. and stir to coat. green onion thinly sliced 1/2” ginger. and cook for 1 minute.
tossing gently to coat. white wine vinegar 1/2 tsp. or 1 pound green beans. 4) Cut into 2-inch pieces. covered. Steamed Green Beans with Tomato-Garlic Vinaigrette Ingredients: 1 Tbsp. freshly ground black pepper Garlic cloves. ©www. slowly add oil. crushed and minced 1 Tbsp.VegetarianFoodPlan. trimmed Preparation: 1) Combine first 5 ingredients in a medium bowl. extra virgin olive oil 1/2 cup seeded chopped tomato 1 tsp chopped fresh thyme 16 oz. whisking to combine. 7 minutes or until crisp-tender. 3) Steam beans. add to tomato mixture. let stand 10 minutes.2. Dijon mustard 1/4 tsp. salt 1/8 tsp. 2) Stir in tomato and thyme.com 64 .
2) Fry for about 5 minutes or until browned. Rapeseed oil 2 tsp. nama shoyu and ginger in water and remaining oil for several minutes. green onions. pressed in garlic press 2 tsp. and sesame seeds and sauté 2-4 more minutes. ©www. divided 1 cup whole water chestnuts. 5) Serve with or without rice.VegetarianFoodPlan. tofu. rapeseed oil in pan and add cubed tofu. stems removed 1 cup fresh snow peas 1 cup water Preparation: 1) Heat 1 tsp. fresh garlic. Vegetable N’ Braised Tofu Ingredients: 1 pound tofu firm silken style (Organic and non-gmo).3. green onions 2 tsp. cubed 1” 1 tsp. fresh ginger. 4) Add chestnuts. drained and sliced 2 Tbsp. sesame oil. minced in garlic press 1/2 cup fresh shiitake mushrooms.com 65 . 3) Stir fry mushrooms. garlic. nama shoyu 3 Tbsp. green beans.
nama shoyu. Set aside. and vegan mayonnaise. Grill an additional 4 to 5 minutes or until tender. balsamic vinegar. or sun dried tomatoes in olive oil are ready to go. onion slices. minced garlic 1 cup vegan mayonnaise 3 Tbsp. whisk together remaining chopped basil and garlic.4. Grill for 5 minutes and flip with tongs. olive oil 2 Tbsp.com 66 .VegetarianFoodPlan. 2) Food process. combine sun dried tomatoes and water. vegan cheese as toppings. Preparation: 1) Rehydrate sun dried tomatoes in warm water for 15 min. of bragg liquid aminos 6 Portobello mushrooms. garlic. tamari. 4) Dip each mushroom in marinade and place on hot grill. balsamic vinegar 2 Tbsp. cleaned and dried Whole grain buns or rolls Lettuce. olive oil. Portobello Mushroom Burgers with Sun dried Tomato Aioli Ingredients: 6 sun-dried tomatoes or in olive oil 1/4 cup hot water 2-3 cup chopped fresh basil 2 Tbsp. 5) Serve on toasted bun with fresh vegetables on top and sun dried tomato aioli. chopped basil. tomato slices. ©www. and tamari. and process for 1 minute. 3) In a small bowl.
black beans 2 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar Spices: 1 clove of garlic.5. or blend beans and onion into a puree. Prepare toppings. ©www. Mash. pinch Toppings: 1 tomato.com 67 . Remove from heat and cover. food process. cubed 1 avocado. diced 1 3/4 cup or 15 oz.1/2 tsp. Use a leaf of lettuce or tortillas to wrap up the bean. peeled and cubed Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) 5) 6) Strain and rinse black beans.VegetarianFoodPlan. Burrito of Black Beans Ingredients: 1 Tbsp. Add spices. cumin 1 tsp. minced 1/4 . onion. cayenne pepper Black pepper. Add apple cider vinegar.
diced 1/3 celery. sea salt 1/4 tsp. 3) Cover and chill in refrigerator for 1-2 hours to allow flavors to blend. 2) To speed up the chopping process. deseeded and diced 1/3 cup red onions. deseeded and diced 2 Tbsp. ©www. halved and thinly sliced 1/4 cup green onions. diced 1/4 cup radishes. thinly sliced 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley 1 jalapeno pepper. Garden Patch Gazpacho Ingredients: 2 cups tomato vegetable juice low sodium 1 cup tomatoes.6. put all vegetables slightly chopped in food processor and pulse until soup has reached desired chunkiness.VegetarianFoodPlan. diced 2/3 bell peppers and color. olive oil 1 Tbsp. garlic. chilli powder Y2 tsp. ground cumin 1-2 tsp. fresh lime juice or apple cider vinegar 1 Tbsp. ground pepper Hot red pepper optional Preparation: 1) Combine all ingredients and stir well.com 68 . minced 1 tsp. diced Y2 cup carrots 1 cup cucumber.
Cover and simmer for about 10 minutes.VegetarianFoodPlan. 3) While kasha is cooking. 5) Place a small portion of kasha on each serving plate. lemon juice 2 Tbsp. Peel the stem with a sharp knife. combine and purée all the remaining ingredients in a food processor or blender. Set aside. then slice it into 1/2-inch thick rounds. 2) Place kasha and salt into the water in a large saucepan.7.com 69 . ©www. then top with steamed broccoli and black-bean sauce. steam broccoli over boiling water for about 5 minutes. ground cumin 1/4 tsp. salt 1 1/2 oz. ground coriander 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro Preparation: 1) Cut off broccoli stems. or until all the liquid has been absorbed. tahini (Sesame seed butter) 1/2 tsp. black beans. chili powder 1/4 tsp. sundried tomatoes in oil 1/4 cup chopped onion 1 3/4 cup or 15 oz. 4) Just before you are ready to eat. cooked and drained 1/2 cup roasted red pepper 2 Tbsp. or until it is bright green and just tender. Broccoli Smothered in Black Bean Sauce Ingredients: 1 large bunch broccoli 4 cups boiling water 2 cups kasha (Use buckwheat groats for a milder flavor) 1/2 tsp. Cut or break the tops into bite-sized florets.
crookneck. Schilling Garlic and Herb. Polenta. or other seasoning mix Olive oil Risotto.VegetarianFoodPlan.8. Spread the cooked vegetables over Risotto. polenta. cubed 1/2 pound very firm tofu. seeded and cut into large pieces 2 cups small mushrooms 2 tomatoes. Use water in pan if you need more liquid to sauté. or pasta. and top with fresh tomato wedges. cut into chunks 1 red bell pepper. Zesty Tofu and Vegetables Ingredients: 2 to 3 cups cubed summer squash (Zucchini.com 70 . ©www. or pasta Preparation: 1) 2) Sauté the vegetables and mix in tofu cubes. Spike. cut into 1-inch cubes 1 Tbsp. or scallop) 1 onion.
black beans. but do not let them get brown. the more the flavors will blend (up to about an hour). 3 Bean Bonanza Chili Ingredients: 2 Tbsp. sugar 1/2 tsp. coarsely chopped 1 cup onion. using a can of diced tomatoes instead of the chopped whole tomatoes does not come out as well. salt 1/2 tsp. red kidney beans. ©www. cooked 1 3/4 cups or 15 oz. garlic powder 1 tsp. cooked Preparation (Makes 6 servings): 1) 2) 3) 4) 5) 6) 7) 8) Heat the olive oil in a large skillet on medium heat.com 71 . and add the green pepper and onion. turn down the heat on the skillet and add a little water to slow things down. and put them (including the juice) into a dish. seasoned (or black) pepper 1 3/4 cup or 15 oz.VegetarianFoodPlan. Garnish with fresh chopped onion and shredded cheese if desired. chopped 2 1/2 cups whole tomatoes. Stir all of the spices into the skillet. If the onion starts to brown too quickly. basil leaf 2 tsp. Add all remaining ingredients and bring to a mild boil.9. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook for at least 30 minutes. olive oil 1 green pepper. cooked 1 3/4 cups or 15 oz. stirring often while you do the next few steps. Cook for at least 5 minutes. The longer you cook the chili. For some reason. chopped 1 cup vegetable broth 4 tsp. oregano 1 tsp. Cut the whole tomatoes into small pieces. Drain and rinse the beans. ground cumin seed 1 tsp. white northern or pinto beans. chili powder 1 jalapeno (Optional) seeded and chopped 1 tsp.
com 72 .plain yogurt and salsa Low carb tortilla Preparation: 1) Heat all ingredients together on the stove. cooked and removed from shell 1/4 cup carrots.VegetarianFoodPlan. grated 1/4 cup fresh mushrooms 1/4 cup red bell peppers 8 oz. Spaghetti Squash Salad Ingredients: Whole Spaghetti Squash. black beans 1/4 cup green bell peppers 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds. 2) Place in tortilla and top with plain yogurt and salsa.10. ©www. raw 1/4 cup fresh/frozen corn Dash of chilli powder Sea salt Topping.
com 73 . ground coriander 1 tsp. ground ginger 1/2 tsp. 9) Add salt and pepper to taste. cook for a while longer. After 20 minutes of cooking the rice should be looking more or less done. 8) Take the pot off the heat and let sit for 5 minutes. Basmati Spinach Stew Ingredients: 1 Tbsp. can coconut milk (Don't use the "light" version) 4 cups water 1 cup basmati rice 1 16 oz.VegetarianFoodPlan. cayenne pepper 1 14 oz. Add the water and coconut milk and bring to a gentle boil. 7) Add the spinach and cook for another 3-5 minutes to heat it up. black pepper 1 tsp. peeled and sliced into half rounds 1 10 oz.11. package firm tofu 2 carrots. Add the basmati rice and tofu and reduce heat to simmer. package frozen spinach Salt and pepper to taste Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) 5) 6) Sauté carrots and spices for 3-5 minutes. ground mustard 1 tsp. Defrost the spinach and squeeze out the extra water. Canola oil 1 1/2 tsp. Cook for 10 minutes. ©www. ground cumin 1/2 tsp. If not.
sprinkle with almonds. stir-fry tofu. cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. divided 3 tsp. nama shoyu. Add onions. Add squash. heat through. stir-fry 1 minute longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Remove and keep warm. divided 1 cup onions 1 lb. minced fresh gingerroot. Remove and keep warm.) extra-firm tofu. pepper 2 cups hot cooked brown rice 2 Tbsp. 3) In the same pan. toasted Preparation: 1) In a large nonstick skillet or wok. fresh asparagus. trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces 1 medium yellow summer squash. salt.com 74 . Makes 4 servings.12. braggs amino acids 2 tsp. 6) Serve with rice. canola oil. drained and cut into 1/2-inch cubes 1/4 tsp. agave nectar or honey 1-1/4 cups vegetable broth 4 tsp. salt 1/4 tsp. stir-fry 1 teaspoon ginger in 1 teaspoon oil for 1 minute.VegetarianFoodPlan. Asparagus N’ Squash Tofu Stir-Fry Ingredients: 1/2 tsp. 5) Add asparagus mixture and tofu. 2) Add asparagus. 4) Stir in vegetable broth and sweetener and add to the pan. sliced almonds. halved and sliced 2 green onions. thinly sliced 1 package (14 oz. stir-fry 2 minutes longer. Bring to a boil. ©www. pepper and remaining ginger in remaining oil for 7-9 minutes or until lightly browned. stir-fry for 2 minutes.
com 75 . turning once and brushing with extra marinade as desired. ©www. olive oil 1 lb. Grill over hot coals. Marinate the seitan in the mixture for at least 45 minutes.13. Add to grilled vegetables or on top of a fresh salad. Zesty Grilled Seitan Recipe Ingredients: 1/4 cup white wine 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar Zest and juice from one lime Dash salt and pepper to taste 2 Tbsp.VegetarianFoodPlan. seitan Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) Whisk together all ingredients except for the seitan.
Bring to a boil over medium heat. Add 1.14.com 76 . Drain off the water and transfer the beans to a saucepan. Drain off any remaining water and stir in the tahini and soy sauce. soy sauce Water for cooking the beans Preparation: 1) 2) Soak the beans overnight in 2 cups of water.VegetarianFoodPlan.5 cups water to the beans. Sesame Adzuki Beans Ingredients: 1/2 cup dry adzuki beans 1/4 cup tahini 1 Tbsp. ©www. Reduce to a simmer and simmer until the beans are soft (depending on your beans 45 minutes to an hour). 3) Makes 2 -4 servings.
black beans.15. fat free vegetarian refried beans 1 cup diced tomatoes 1 cup salsa Toppings (Avocado. great northern beans. 2) Add the other ingredients to the pot and simmer for 30-40 minutes. undrained 1 3/4 cups or 15 oz. undrained 1 3/4 cups or 15 oz. Taco Soup Ingredients: 1 large onion. chopped 1 package low sodium natural taco seasoning 2 cups whole kernel corn. fresh cut of the cob 1 3/4 cups or 15 oz. cilantro. cooked. ©www. vegan cheese) Preparation: 1) Saute the onion until soft in a large pot sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.com 77 . Makes 15 cups.VegetarianFoodPlan.
Pepper Jack or Monterey Jack cheese or vegan cheese. to taste 12 oz. drained 1-3 tsp. finely chopped 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro 1 tsp. hot sauce. 5) Cook until chillies are tender and cheese is browned and bubbling. garlic. jalapenos. cilantro and cumin. and cook over medium heat until golden brown for about 4 minutes. to taste Preparation: 1) Cut poblano chiles in half lengthwise to create a boat for filling and scrape out seeds. vegetarian baked beans. 4) Set up grill for indirect grilling and preheat to medium. coarsely grated Salt.VegetarianFoodPlan.com 78 . olive oil 1 medium onion. ©www. about 30 to 40 minutes.16. to taste Freshly ground black pepper. Spoon the mixture into the hollowed chiles and sprinkle with remaining cheese. 3) Remove pan from heat and stir in baked beans. Add onion. Grilled Stuffed Chili Rellenos or Green Bell Peppers Ingredients: 6 large poblano chiles or red/green bell peppers 2 Tbsp. Makes 6 – 8 servings. Add salt and pepper to taste. Arrange the chillies on the grill away from the heat. finely chopped 2 cloves garlic. ground cumin 3 1/2 cups or 28 oz. finely chopped 2 jalapenos. seeded and chopped 1/2 red bell pepper. hot sauce and 8 ounces of cheese. red bell pepper. 2) Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a nonstick skillet.
cooked 1/2 cup whole wheat flour 2 slices bread. garlic powder 1 tsp.com 79 .VegetarianFoodPlan. Add sauteed onions and the rest of the ingredients. Mixture will be thick. diced 1 3/4 cup or 15 oz. Black Bean Burgers Ingredients: 1/2 onion. about 3-5 minutes. crumbled 1 tsp. Make veggie burgers and enjoy! 3) Makes 6 servings. except the oil. Form bean mixture into patties. In a large bowl. adding the flour a few tablespoons at a time to combine well. mash the beans until almost smooth. approximately 1/2 inch thick and fry patties in a small amount of oil until slightly firm. ©www. seasoned salt Salt and pepper to taste Oil for frying Whole grain bun or bread Preparation: 1) 2) Sautee the onions till soft.17. onion powder 1/2 tsp. black beans.
minced 1 Tbsp. cilantro. Toss with pasta. seeded and chopped 3 garlic cloves. salt 1/8 tsp.com 80 . for 10 minutes. cannelloni beans. sauté the green pepper. minced fresh cilantro 1 tsp. salt and pepper.VegetarianFoodPlan. pepper 5 cups hot cooked gluten free penne pasta Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) In a large skillet. agave nectar 1 tsp. onion. Penne Pasta & Beans Ingredients: 3 1/2 cups crushed tomatoes 1 cup chopped red bell pepper 1/2 cup chopped onion 1 jalapeno pepper. cider vinegar 1 tsp.18. Simmer. vinegar. Stir in the peas. sugar. simmer 10 minutes longer. jalapeno and garlic in oil for 5 minutes or until tender. bring to a boil. olive oil 1 3/4 cup or 15 oz. Makes 6 servings. Add tomatoes. uncovered. ©www. rinsed and drained 1-3 Tbsp.
sprinkle with cheese. simmer. Garnish with avocado and chopped cilantro. Stir in the beans. warmed 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese or vegan cheddar cheese 1 large ripe avocado.) black beans. chopped Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) 5) In a nonstick skillet. Bring to a boil. tomatoes. Spoon about 1/2 cup off center on each tortilla. Bean Tacos Ingredients: 1 medium onion. chili powder (Or purchase a natural taco seasoning to replace chilli.) chopped green chilies 1 Tbsp.19. cumin. Fold one side of tortilla over filling. dried oregano 1/2 tsp. Reduce heat. chilies and seasonings. pepper 8 low carb tortillas (6 inches). peeled and sliced Fresh cilantro to top. uncovered. salt. for 3-5 minutes or until mixture begins to thicken. minced 1 Tbsp. oregano. salt 1/4 tsp.com 81 . olive oil 4 cups (32 oz. chopped 2 garlic cloves. rinsed and drained 1 Y2 cup diced tomatoes Y2 cup (4 oz. saute onion and garlic in oil until tender. Makes 8 servings. garlic powder 1/4 tsp. ground cumin 1 tsp. ©www. garlic powder) 1 tsp.VegetarianFoodPlan.
curry powder 1 tsp. minced fresh ginger root 1/2 tsp. Remove and keep warm. salt 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes 1 package (16 oz.20. 2) In a large nonstick skillet or wok coated with cooking spray. combine the first 10 ingredients. Add cabbage and tomatoes. 3) In the same pan. bring to a boil. stir-fry tofu in oil for 2-3 minutes or until heated through. honey or agave 1/2 tsp. peanut butter 1 can (14 oz. Curried Tofu Stir-Fry Ingredients: 1/4 cup nama shoyu sauce or Braggs Amino Acid 2 Tbsp. cut into 1-inch pieces 4 cups shredded cabbage 4 plum tomatoes. 5) Return tofu to skillet. stir-fry 2 minutes longer.VegetarianFoodPlan. chopped 3 cups hot cooked brown rice Preparation: 1) In a small bowl. ©www. set aside. stir-fry for 2 minutes. stir-fry yellow pepper for 1 minute. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened and vegetables are crisp-tender.) light coconut milk 1 cup matchstick-cut carrots 8 green onions.) firm tofu. cornstarch 1-1/2 tsp. Add mushrooms and onions.com 82 . Makes 6 servings. sesame oil 1 medium sweet yellow pepper. drained and cubed 2 tsp. 6) Serve with rice. julienned 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms 1 tbsp. 4) Stir coconut milk mixture and add to skillet. chili powder 1/2 tsp.
3) Stir in the pasta sauce.21. ©www. in a large saucepan. Makes 5 servings. Spinach Fettuccine with Tomato Basil Bean Sauce Ingredients: 6 oz. dried oregano 1/2 tsp. Reduce heat. Bring to a boil. black beans and seasonings.com 83 . chopped 1 Tbsp. uncovered. 2) Meanwhile. olive oil 2 cups pasta sauce (no high fructose corn syrup) 1 3/4 cup or(15 oz. fennel seed 1/4 tsp. garlic salt Dash pepper 1/2 cup (4 oz. dried basil 1 tsp. simmer.) black beans. for 5 minutes. rinsed and drained 2 Tbsp. sauté green pepper and onion in oil until tender. uncooked vegan spinach fettuccine 1 small green pepper. 5) Top with sauce and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. 4) Drain fettuccine.VegetarianFoodPlan.) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese or vegan mozzarella cheese Preparation: 1) Cook fettuccine according to package directions. chopped 1 small onion. minced fresh basil or 2 tsp.
This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?
We've moved you to where you read on your other device.
Get the full title to continue listening from where you left off, or restart the preview.