Discover millions of ebooks, audiobooks, and so much more with a free trial

Only $11.99/month after trial. Cancel anytime.

Thread and Buried
Thread and Buried
Thread and Buried
Ebook272 pages4 hours

Thread and Buried

Rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars

3.5/5

()

Read preview

About this ebook

Haven Harbor is an authentic coastal Maine town—which makes it the perfect location for a new film production. But now it’s become the scene of a crime . . .

Needlepointers Angie and Sarah are helping with set design for the movie being shot in their little New England hometown—but as the lighthouse and the wharves bustle with activity, a real-life drama is about to unfold. The producer, Hank Stoddard, has been harassing the pretty young female lead, and the two exchanged heated words at a lobster bake. Now someone’s lowered the boom on him . . .

After a wayward piece of sound equipment sends him to his death, theories fly about who went off-script. Meanwhile, a local woman’s tragic story about a true love lost at sea, which originally inspired the film, may lead to murderous revelations from long ago. Angie’s got to unravel these mysteries, and may need to give more than one killer the hook . . .
LanguageEnglish
Release dateNov 26, 2019
ISBN9781496716767
Author

Lea Wait

Lea Wait made her mystery debut with Shadows at the Fair, which was nominated for an Agatha Award for Best First Novel. Shadows on the Ivy, the third novel in her acclaimed series featuring Maggie Summer, is forthcoming in hardcover from Scribner. Lea comes from a long line of antiques dealers, and has owned an antique print business for more than twenty-five years. The single adoptive mother of four Asian girls who are now grown, she lives in Edgecomb, Maine. In addition to the Antique Print mysteries, Lea Wait writes historical fiction for young readers. Her first children's book, Stopping to Home, was named a Notable Book for Children in 2001 by Smithsonian magazine. Visit her website at LeaWait.com.

Read more from Lea Wait

Related to Thread and Buried

Titles in the series (9)

View More

Related ebooks

Mystery For You

View More

Related articles

Reviews for Thread and Buried

Rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars
3.5/5

9 ratings2 reviews

What did you think?

Tap to rate

Review must be at least 10 words

• Rating: 3 out of 5 stars
    3/5
    Angie Curtis, manager of Mainely Needlepoint in Haven Harbor, Maine is helping with the set designs for a film being shot on location in town. Her boyfriend's mother, Skye West has brought the crew and actors so that they can film the movie where the action actually took place many years before - but is it a true story or just fiction created by the local celebrated author?While filming is underway at the coastline, the director falls into the frigid water and is swept away by the current. Was it an accident or was he pushed?So many questions, twists and turns, mystery was fun. The secondary characters brought in just for this installment seemed a but forced, but the regulars were great!
  • Rating: 4 out of 5 stars
    4/5
    THREAD AND BURIED by Lea Wait is the 9th title in her Mainely Needlepoint mystery series.There are many aspects of this mystery series that I like. I like the covers - bright, cozy, colorful, very ‘Maine’ - the covers would make good jigsaw puzzles. I like the clever titles - THREAD AND BURIED, HANGING BY A THREAD. I like the chapter headings - quotes from 1800’s magazines for ladies; the historical samplers from the 1700 and 1800’s; the bits of poetry. I like the character of Sarah Byrne who always has an Emily Dickinson quote ready for any situation or occasion. I like the Maine history, recipes, interiors and the local characters and situations.This title includes a crisp, to-the-point recap of Angie Curtis’s life, lifestyle and present situation in the small coastal town of Haven Harbor, Maine.In THREAD AND BURIED, Skye West (summer resident and movie star) and a movie production crew are in Haven Harbor shooting a movie based on an early book written by Ruth Hopkins, friend and fellow-needlepointer.Of course an unfortunate incident occurs (of course, a suspicious death) and Angie helps Ethan and Pete with the investigation.A good series and a good title.

Book preview

Thread and Buried - Lea Wait

R3^book_preview_excerpt.html\ێ#GrZ?Zk$h1]Ipzd1I.ʪ?ؿ_sNDV[2 d]2zD$??}>y18T[G廏xI܍i8XIo]RwNa䲿l\ukfnBWt ۈ l'|8:T}sCt(?o0$< =y]M?hn{<cT.o(a 7eDŽ-TwV\s%uMm.[tSim30*H!("ɞ2xiAG@UÒF꾧ֹHmFjB%kRwR=N O7W@iܵkSAG:}Z)6Nr-C߄"iI-w)zņvxm>765O7B\}-lmi lAx9jq[?<$d=VvqoOkܧ!/ClO D@a.C{}cF{LP /28.9"FFX 5mK[s6S.`%DN}A;1#!/;6mF@Lkz@@Îq$M8WY4c\4;0e5EP1I.{=M|.@%7i i. Cu<\u,`ɡxOHK!~4yιvw4 Z砵à XBv ?dIЍ1`y5ºtv`rFD@~}kFNx74J_|e_*b6&$RS"rsFhv{dT w߄!"ۀ02ğOy/7_C RehzBYoRab 8P%*͍Мܸʌ6MԀx!+X^/[9m__UL4?, +3nzΈ~끒g0uS|RQ`5Do~s7,3QiWȔżfJiAj{^hs~ ]ph7nd!Dn/g 祃 ^S] S)FcHx)"C ,)ZDu_x2z^'\ qO& µ0>J$T5bBwi{j632#Bmq g^_&XyP޶Kx *LjNҟq %S̫c HE){١b9@׫0x'?"\~uYJܙBHɛ]h8Y6!e_C4 &T<>|>UM= KǺOPV(,(W@}%t7=SԥR!q,5I SG1,"EO-l=T:i04>r4[IYB[O?ڢ@/D]=1~rT=-%OmKks]Oۆ؄[3L =nauB/Rf3MW'2w(.ݤzP`,vpA52hN b5lbx7 edJU[r~ 2uj𵽒A|;!)>ei];ZW^ <sJ8~}9xoO}Ή!P F;\Qle[jUݡA70DΌ %;Xݱ?٧)EMg6= {KfnN 36Y*,4{!1aew&^b^n{f^\,}[ʀlZ,A`L|!wA8"iW]JF@|ؑכ@\>#1o.̳(5΍ty5V0G66BӦz7Ӧ$BL{&M9-k;\]zTe6@!\) Sm6+'=txjT린%le Y D=\'$1F (1U*,\e#רD'V4Iz }@ʊ'w@CP=y7'?+GN@UMPcFTLw)¨Vs3Hm5L4X&|d*)1LBN?!Wf!Ko)x[cdeZG74 3AF. .Y M&s dLuw9 O`eA0.Or *^BcƮT貶:IU}T =-^u \/`RJyD&JH+x9U2co^:Z'Xk3Β*f⇤o2(xeYžZ;:y.ƐDyg,Kt{I::u i p8|:t݈L9(E;Q tfIΫtGfJ b7W|.hU\# R{giHqmxgkv0bQ'4x]JOleM$z>AŖG5zaGOi YFTI5j("9 EmRhOA-/L"@0JFq^ό^ :`ጡkIMU" H RW09֓((/$k6ȃ=i\]bekO9m&,Z`+oXWzF@l ;D7]VonО>2T'Kظآ%QB]x1U&0d0o4OB";!,נHVjBֻwxR8e&3tYUu;$0%u ,o(%U ȫaG?ƋRBwg>jwZ:gcŗ@E&MK._;"BzF$Rk %V>H.8Tq2gXev?߆CW]E^u@^C"V()Ң8Uo` CN0l kܫ šz"i]/ ՚m *)bacnқ zGtU^ %%S<5zY$7vd?"8OYQ7^6{{mý$XǞ-*IpP"MfIxT1-d7>5vߔ \U3m~7-,̈́n6{@H\-p3k9\\"<~'^JrtY s,8f a_3T730ǰ~vcPb.*v5mЈ;X0 NL, 5 -30?tө5 !&/ C&,WOk TvAc(]ْ i ^tyPC~ƉdD+d,ETz[EWHAЃ)>{-! 8ZxfWF (g~:͚o.3׳]湚c$CYчʼ9*B_1Ɏ]):Ew Ȗ2Q IN4f@˨YM`I>Q}1K|F|l8,B^PĻL0,3ںs1fa3\ok(\f*\@O4e:a_S (U88{IӌguL6(AE&pڞ2NIWr?u># r2 2I?VU2Ԇ aӻC둭bH.y#ZVF+՚FdSҜ!_ ҜSx5M3B)Tldnp?elwS5|BN9/ݥ+$#J3_1ߣV>X |t?]$t0F},eѳ'>kf2ƿ>$,RmYV[̱#~jS3> ̹ۡzKIwW&W3ci`kB&Q>ʝR|#`${K+j#&Rgt–=)XW4x2Y` aC &x:WRZ&B7ͭai9W~<eċل`}Bƚtݾ!?pƗ_ɱBOܺY0TXסQc͚68W4ֈ>LT@֘=3t~fkJaL.fOǞAAco^^ ~9j$L_b#<p&j.d-Ϲ.”Xk~ ݢ!AŹV@Zt!~"&ecb2k` OPkR&ciP!6mM"@S>B|kӸ>觑!u3 j|"/qp(ϭ,Td$pß> BLa_Tv:-zynsCApC?Ӝvp2-TKZUv[I m9EfaSQOu[P_uf8.0=,)uXu$oYb`d% yR4xI㪝й5D"UW\8RQpa+2lㅆwbIMvx΃-:sTwymcdzEl咓<4A S3T n6M93M9E7b W8.GiUc(8kB9q;S9JD8 QqA<0XnW!ڿ9$a˕k ]ŗ3 $|G~A;?X%c] Zޚ$Uc?^aOM<3 A8JeoA* B%o)*1kn7W\(.98`Y+(C9k{m\(D].3e2tFLݵo=xlI,GsEu=LS p4'x9z5KYtW& A u>u-C@ʖY2Ejɱ# țx"/&BgWmrd@ ed/J ̱*ߐW¡j @ՑF!1Ci ʴq'=i^ye"sSucj+g Ihrflh(vQA8sOϮvEZ-칻8kwIQíe SLq4RcC0@Hr9_|0A~oB(uuTv(?`mwcQO5T]`ĺ3T[ׄKG:Zpetb[MOaݾ6SwR@*Zٖ'3Eӧ._ĊpD-K[;v*lby;#O6_| -gE9nLux?R%=K&1KA:y Dߛ?\DCStQ[,JJ¶S?ךū 7PW*D*upZPg?$ ^Iن5GR߫?&.s8VUx|j9c῵ȣGғk3@C;Qۏnu6d=ϱ-wԯ0o`]?1{1EpX'@߆X\,'P @|~+gJ}B|p8'Lu
Enjoying the preview?
Page 1 of 1